Salina Hotel
  • Breakfast included
CHHENG Residence(Siem Reap)
Arunnotey Spa(Siem Reap)
  • Spa
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 September 2012

this hotel was not luxury and modern. but staffs was very friendly and helpful.
now this hotel is rebuilding, so I am expecting to new look.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Yoonji02
Reviewed 17 March 2011

Not brand new, quite big, but very nice and clean hotel. Perfec location, not far from old market or city center, but in Siem Reap it is not importat. Perfect pool, large enough, great breakfast, and very kind and helpfull personal.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vlado85
Reviewed 26 April 2010

Our Myanmar tourist group stayed 19 to 22 April 2010,hottest summer times,we stayed 3nights.Rooms were clean,provided 2 water bottles/day,provide tooth brushes and paste,delicious breakfast for Asian(not sure for European), lobby not cool due to electricity saving,free internet at business center,but no aircon remote control provided and didn't open lighting switch at night time.Staff ok.

• Stayed: April 2010
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I stayed here only because I was invited to stay for business purposes. Normally this hotel would have been beyond my usual traveling budget.

I would not go back here on a private leisure trip. Why not? Because I found that the $10-a-night backpackers hostel that I stayed in for two nights prior to staying here had a lot more charm than this hotel, despite the big gap in price.

The hotel is just your average hotel, and could have been anywhere in the world. It looks a bit run down, though the rooms are kept very clean. Good beds and good bathroom, though nothing really special. There is also free wifi.

The staff was very nice and friendly, especially those in the restaurant. I thought that the food itself was not special and expensive compared to the delicious food you can get if you walk the 15 minutes to pub street.

Location was alright but not great, at night I would not walk back but always take a tuk tuk (would usually cost me 1 to 1.5 dollar so not too bad).

The pool was probably the best thing about the hotel, together with the friendly staff.

Still I would not necessarily recommend this hotel. There are much nicer places that offer the same amenities and service (without perhaps a restaurant and swimming pool) for a much lower price.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2007

... so that all we did in the hotel was to take a shower and sleep.
The room was worn out, the a/c powerless, phone line connection dismal (the front desk charged us with two phone calls which did not go through; when I declined paying, front desk insisted and did not even apologize! ), reception not particularly unfriendly but utterly unhelpful, location not that good, breakfast mediocre, problem in bathroom, etc.
My husband who booked the trip truly regretted during and after our stay at the Salina that he did not ask for a hotel upgrade.
Our fault!
(This year, my husband who learned from this experience thus asked to stay at a FOUR star hotel in Turkey, but we were dissappointed again. Pls refer to my other reviews)

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Tawanaanna