US$52
US$43
The Privilege Floor by BOREI ANGKOR(Siem Reap)
US$80
US$60
US$30
US$24
US$134
US$105
Hotels.com
Borei Angkor Resort & Spa(Siem Reap)
Book now, pay at stay
  • Breakfast included
US$60
US$45
Agoda.com
Golden Temple Residence(Siem Reap)
US$98
  • Pool
US$190
US$170
Hotels.com
All reviewsrooftop poolpub streetshort walkold markettuk tukair conangkor watfantastic locationa great place to stayegg stationnight marketrooms are bignoodlesstayed here for nightsafter a long daymassagecambodia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Lovely friendly staff and a nice central location.

However, the inclusive breakfast was pretty disappointing. And the hotel itself was pretty charmless. Comfortable enough, but a little bit shabby in places.

I wouldn't not recommend it - it will certainly do the job, but I'm sure there are better options around Siem Reap.

One of the main attractions for us had been the swimming pool on top. And it certainly offered great views. However, it was very heavily chlorinated, to the point where my kids wanted to come out after about 5 minutes. And on the 3 nights we spent there, staff were rebuilding the decking area immediately around the pool throughout daylight hours. Whilst this didn't render the area off limits for guests (this is Cambodia!), it kind of ruined the ambience with lots of hammering and sawing going on!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
CityRiverHotel_SR, Manager at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear aitchtee24,

Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback, it is through your comments that we can continually improve our service standards and hotel facilities. Our guests are our highest priority and I sincerely apologies that your recent stay with us was not up to your expectations.

Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience causes regarding the restructured decking area around the pool area. I’m happy to share that we’ve recently restructured our decking area for more safety to our guests and this reconstructed is now completed. Thanks for your comments regarding heavily chlorinated in our pool, we have taken this information on board and we will improve on these issues.

Again I am very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to recover your impression of City River Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stay in the City River for 4 nights and were very happy with service we got. The room was comfortable and well serviced. The best part was the friendly staff who really worked hard to make our stay sucessful.
The hotel is close to the central markets and other attractions and only a $2 tuk-tuk ride from the main museum and ceramics workshop, but far enough away that some peace could be had.
The restaurant meal we had was very good and the breakfasts filling.
The ambiance was charming with lots of wood and Cambodian themed areas.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
CityRiverHotel_SR, Manager at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Estalle,

Your lovely review has certainly brightened up our days. Nothing is more rewarding than knowing how pleased you were with our service, food and the convenient location. I am so pleased to read that our people whom came in contact with you during your stay with us, made a positive impact.

We are happy to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future

Best Regards,

Reviewed 31 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the City River Hotel for 4 nights and we had a fabulous stay. The rooms were clean & quiet, breakfast was good, the pool was refreshing and the staff went beyond to make sure we had everything we needed. They helped us with travel within the city and we also booked two amazing tours. One was a boat ride through the river fishing villages which included a lovely lunch on their River Boat (www.taraboat.com). Amazing hotel to stay in!!

1  Thank Harriet N
CityRiverHotel_SR, Manager at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear Harriet N,

Thank you for choosing the City River Hotel as your preferred hotel for your recent trip to Siem Reap.

We appreciate your great feedback and are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are glad that you had the time to soak in our hotel facilities and are grateful for your appreciation towards our service. It is always a source of motivation for them to know that they have made a positive difference to our guests.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 27 July 2014

When I first walked into this hotel, it reminded me of a hotel that would have been really popular in the 1960's, or even the 70's. There is a form of "grandure" about it that I can't quite put my finger on. I don't know if it's the retro styled foyer with flowers and old signage for the bathrooms, or if it's the design of the building itself (it's quite a large hotel with long, dark corridors). Whatever it is, it made me feel like I'd stepped back in time. But in a good way though! The rooms are very spacious and have everything you need (air conditioning, wifi internet, mini bar, safety deposit box, laundry bag, nice big balcony). The bathroom is very nice also and has a bath (always a bonus for me). Just be careful when you are taking a shower, as the water tends to run along the sides and out onto the floor (this happened in our room 360). There is a roof top pool which is very nice. The water was quite "toxic" while we were there (too much chlorine?) so don't open your eyes! It was however very refreshing after a day out temple hiking. They also have a bar there if you'd like a drink, and there is a massage centre on the 6th floor. Breakfast is very nice and plentiful, with lots of different food to keep everyone happy. The restaurant they serve breakfast in is very nice (aesthetically). I'm not sure what the food is like as we went to the night markets for dinner. Speaking of night markets, they're just down the road from the hotel too. I'd say it took us around 10 minutes to walk there, and it was around 2 minutes on a tuk tuk; depending on traffic. Finally to end my review, the staff here are very accommodating and welcoming. They are always smiling, and are happy to help you where ever possible. We were very happy staying here and had no negative experience whatsoever. A recommended hotel to those looking for affordable comfort.

1  Thank Rebekah S
CityRiverHotel_SR, Manager at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Rebekah S,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and for choosing to stay at City River Hotel.

It is our pleasure to know your stay was enjoyable and you love our heritage-modern design. we had to say that some of our design is inspired by Angkor Wat Temple and by our culture itself and we are glade that you like them.

I am delighted to know that our team made your stay even more pleasant with their friendly service. This is what we always strive for. Knowing our guests enjoyed their stays is the best reward for us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you again

Best Regard,

Reviewed 23 July 2014

City River Hotel is a 3 star hotel in a great location. The staff are very friendly and welcoming - always had a smile and went out of their way to be helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable with bottled water provided every day as well as the usual tea and coffee. This is not a luxury hotel but if you want a clean/comfortable place to stay in Siem Reap in a fantastic location then stay here. It is only a very short walk into 'town' and a $2 tuk tuk ride at the end of the day if you are laden with shopping. I cant wait to go back to Siem Reap and I will definitely stay at City River Hotel again. If you want a great place to eat try the Peace Café just 2 streets away. There is also a lovely lady who will do your laundry for $2 a kilo at the end of the street on the left hand side.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hotpinky
CityRiverHotel_SR, Manager at City River Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Hotpinky,

Thank you for letting us know how much you have enjoyed your recent stay at City River Hotel.
We are also delighted to know that the prime location of our Hotel, that pleasured many guests, has brought you much convenience.
We greatly appreciate your great feedback and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel for another memorable stay.

Best regard,