I went there last week (1st week of May 2017) for business purposes to a Congress; while the facilities and services are quite good, the restaurant is a great disappointment.
* Room: Upsides: great views to the ocean, well furnished, comfortable bed and nice design. Downside: Shower quite old with no good control of temperature. Tip: Choose one far from the elevator and in an upper floor like 523, 521, 519 ..., it is very quiet and isolated from the casino.
* Gym & SPA: Nice and well provided, the view is amazing, you can run while you see the sea. The SPA is also good with a series of pools with different temperature, sauna and steam bath.
* Convention Center: With spaced rooms for symposia and personnel willing to serve.
* Reception: It would be good if the management team can review the check-in and check-out processes, there are a lot of steps the personnel have to follow to settle an account, I measured the time of two customers in front of me, and it took 15 minutes each to close the check, not acceptable.
* Restaurant: It is by far the greatest disappointment. Upsides: Good menu and execution of dishes by the Chef, I tasted some of the options, and recommend the 'saltando con camarones'. Downsides: 1. The time that dishes take to come to the table; in every opportunity (4 times) took more than 25 minutes to arrive the food. 2. The bar: Please just forget to ask for a dry martini, it simply is a non-sense. I had to reject it three times and then I had to go to the barman to teach him how to do it... when it finally arrives to the table, it did in a glass and not the proper cup for a martini, the explanation of the waiter is that 'the hotel doesn't have martini cups', can anyone believe it?... the 'wonders' of the bar doesn't end there... the very next day with a group of people we experienced systematically the run out liquors: first the gin, then the erdinger beer... such inventory management for that level of hotel is not acceptable.
So if you go there.. my suggestion is: enjoy the facilities, but be prepared to be patient in the restaurant, or even better, find one outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casino Hotel with all the confort and fun you require for business or leasure trip. International shows, first level gastronomy, games and superb relaxation in our exclusive SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Enjoy Antofagasta Hotel Del Desierto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.