“REALLY DISAPPOINTING”

Backpacker's Hostel Iquique
Reviewed 27 August 2017

The common area looks nice and is very welcoming. The kitchen spacious but surprisingly no spoons to find... and closes down at some hours. So when you have an early departure at 7 am, you can't use the kitchen to prepare breakfast.
The batchroom is tiny tiny, can hardly move. Wifi signal is very weak.
In the dorm there are 3 beds above each other, which leaves little place to squeeze you between your own bed and the one on top of you.
I went there to attend the Tirana festival. First I didn't get an answer to my emails in 2 months, after a call I got the wrong information and finally I'd been written that they made a transfer reservation for me at an agency. Although when I arrived at the agency they didn't know anything about my reservation...
The hostal had charged me too much, had choosen one of the more expensive agencies and on top of that it's sooo easy to organise it independently. Why didn't they tell me that at the first place, which was my initial question. Really unprofessional!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

We have had a lot of experience going to more 'off the beaten track' places and not encountering a backpackers vibe, unfriendliness and no English spoken.

Thankfully this cute hostel by the beach didn't disappoint! The staff were incredibly friendly, the facilities there were first class and the location was great too, right by the beach.

A really welcoming atmosphere, clean rooms and a lovely dog (!) made for a great stay. Would highly recommend this place if you make it over here.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

My partner and I totally rate this joint!
Great people who work here, great facilities and our room was sweet.
Nothing to complain about at all!
Super close to beach, walking distance to centre of town and any questions we had the staff could help in Spanish or English.
Thanks!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

First of all, the location is awesome. It's right next to the beach.
The hostel is pretty big but you won't notice because the rooms are distributed across different parts of the house and floors. And it's pretty popular, during the days many backpackers come by and ask for a place to stay.
The rooms are nice and spacious, shared bathrooms are totally fine and the kitchen is well equipped and big enough for everyone.
We would totally go again!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2016 via mobile

I planned for a 3 night stay and ended up staying for 11 instead. Fantastic location, only a 2 min walk to the beach, with a grocery store and mall close by. Great, helpful, friendly staff. Amazing kitchen and BBQ. The location and atmosphere were incredible. I highly recommend.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo