“Dinner at sumapuriwa”

Cuisines: Chilean, Healthy, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

After looking this restaurant up with Tripadvisor, we decided to give it a try! Both the food and the service were excellent!! The menu has a great variety of dishes from the Altiplano area. This has been one of our best meals in Chile. We will highly recommend this restaurant, if you are looking for a place to eat in Iquique. (Closed on Mondays)

3  Thank inki14

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This is an excellent dinner choice. Both our meals were first rate although a little out of the ordinary.

We would never have found it without the assistance of a couple of very helpful locals as the Tripadvisor directions were a) different n the iPhone and iPad and b) both wrong. It is actually on Arturo Prat Chacon just north of the intersection with Freddie Taberna (no I have not made this up these are the actual names).

The meals are as usual large but ours were very delicious. The menu was in both spanish and english and the staff were more than helpful although no english was spoken.

This would be one of the best meals we have had in South America. Great!

2  Thank RobertJGray
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Very friendly place with great cuisine from The Altiplano,the high plateau shared by Chile, Bolivia and Peru, where the Aymara people have been from before the Inca Empire. Great food,good
drinks served in clay platters and always with a big smile.
Perfecto lugar para saborear comida Aymara siempre servida con una gran sonrisa

1  Thank justme080
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This restaurant we found here in trip advisor and my family and I decided to check it out. We were received at the door and they notice we were carrying a baby so with out us asking they brought a baby chair for us, gave us a small cup made of clay of a warm drink can't remember the name but very good and the menu, the plates were so delicious and the presentation was perfect. The service was fantastic. Thee food, the only thing I can say is, its my favorite restaurant in iquique and we are thinking going there often to try new plates every time it's just delicious. We talk to the chef /owner and he is the most humble and very nice person there is, thank you very much Cristian Montaño for the great evening we spent at your family restaurant...

Reviewed 17 May 2013 via mobile

I loved this place! The food was amaizing, very well presented and with some original combinations. I am a big fan of this type of food and every time I come back to my land, I try to have it again. This was my first time in this resto, and I was really impressed. I would absolutely recommend it for people who are keen to try ethnic food. You won't be dissapointed.

1  Thank L0ryli0n