US$68
US$93
TripAdvisor
US$69
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomfortable bednoodlesexcellent choiceon arrivalkindsfloorenglishchina
Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

Very nice hotel that we are staying at for part of our adoption trip. The rooms are nice and spacious. The management upgraded us from two standard rooms to a suit and a room because of construction going on up top. Breakfast included in the rooms was nice. I would give it 5 stars but we have a few things that did not get fixed. The ac, while perfect for us as Americans as it stays cool, is to cold for our children but we are unable to increase the temperature for them. They came up and said how to change it and then did it themselves, changing it from a brisk 21c to 24c but it never actually changed, still at 21c 3 days later. Also we couldn't use the walk in shower in the suit as the water streams out under the door. Easy fixes on these but not something they can do while we are in the room. The service however was great and they came to our room immediately every issue we had for anything.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank Ryan P
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel,is right in the heart of everything and easy walking distance to everything. No one speaks English but they go out of their way to find out what you need. I had a mandarin translator on my phone which helped. Air conditioning is not good some of he time. We had adjoining rooms and one room had bad smelling airconditioning. The buffet was good and the noodle bar exceptional.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The lobby of the hotel seems alright, but the room looks very old and does needs a renovation work. There are some construction going on right next to the hotel so the rooms are very noisy. They provided ear plugs for those who stand on the noise.. The cable TV quality is very bad.. very fuzzy. The most unacceptable thing I found is the toilet is not clean, stains can be found at the toilet area, really not acceptable..

As of location its about 10-20 minutes walking distance to some Parkson shopping center for food and shopping..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ctkwan
HFECH, Manager at Holiday Inn Hefei, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

In spite of being very busy thanks you to give our review, was sorry very much our service has not been able to let you satisfy. You feedbacked the room question we already fed back have given the guest room administration steward, we will be clean in the guest room and the reorganization aspect will strengthen the surveillance; Meanwhile we expected sincerely obtains you more careful opinion and the recommendation, if you will move in next time time has any need either the question may send a telegram to the switchboard or the great hall vice-principle seek help, we hoped that the first time solves the problem for you. We devote in becoming the Hefei friendliest hotel, the hotel growth cannot leave your support and show loving concern, we anticipate your presence sincerely once more.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Surely there must be somewhere better to stay in Hefei? I can't really blame the hotel for the construction noise all night (the city is building a subway) but Holiday Inn should be ashamed to show a guest into drab rooms with filthy, filthy, stained carpets and chairs. I was in two rooms, as I moved to the less-noisy side of the hotel, but that was still pretty noisy. I had hoped the second room would be cleaner than the first, but it was worse -- I was glad that I arrived late and was leaving early. I wore slippers so as not to touch the awful carpet, and I was not about to sit on that couch -- and I am not the fastidious type. The mini bar was warm, so I ordered a cold beer to take my mind off the grim surroundings, but the beer was barely cool. The bathroom fixtures had been cleaned, but they were scratched and stained -- the sink had what looked like cigarette burns. In the morning, the you tiao I tried to eat for breakfast were very hard and the dou jiang was too sweet. On the positive side, the staff was very accommodating of my request to change rooms and the bed linens were clean, but the whole experience was depressing, and I was glad to leave.

Room Tip: Wait til they have finished building the subway and have renovated all the guest rooms.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FioTravels
HFECH, Manager at Holiday Inn Hefei, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and
concerns.
We are very sorry that you experienced inconvenience due to
the room cleanliness and construction noise. Rest assured
that we are looking into the carpet and chairs, ensuring that
we address and improve the necessary services to provide
all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.
We hope you'd give us a chance in the future to show you
how great our hotel is, and look forward to welcoming you
back to our hotel again. Thank you!
Exe.Housekeeper

Reviewed 20 September 2012

To summarise, this is a great place in walking distance from Hefei's pedestrian zone.
The revolving restaurant at the top level offers a great view of the city while savouring the breakfast or other meals. The breakfast buffet offers many delicacies, including a small section of Japanese style food and some European style food, e.g. a salad bar, varieties of bread and croissants, one or two tastes of jam (but no marmalade during my stay), and even some European quality cheese. The quality of their espresso coffee leaves room for improvement. Also, some staff in the restaurant does not speak Chinese (I could not order either a poached egg or a simple fried egg in English), and waiters should be more attentive for a hotel of this caliber.
My room (actually two rooms en-suite on the 18th floor) was spacious, although a bit labyrinthine. The king-size bed offered a fabulous sleeping quality, far superior to the beds that are hard like a concrete slab that I've seen in so many other hotels in China.
I've stayed here end of September 2012 again after a break of several years. They have done quite an overhaul to the property, with visible benefits for the guests: The bottleneck at the elevators (only 4 lifts for a building with 29 levels) has apparently been improved, the reception desk has been moved from 1st to 5th floor and is now much better arranged. The concierge desk, however, remained on 1st floor which is a good thing, as this saves you from stopping at the 5th floor on your way to the city.
Hefei is constructing now a subway system, with a line passing in front of the hotel. This offers the perspective to reach other parts of the city quickly and conveniently in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank global_freq_traveler
HFECH, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hefei, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you for your loyalty to Holiday Inn Brand and staying at Holiday Inn Hefei again. Your compliments will serve as motivation to our team for better service to our guest. Holiday Inn Hefei locates at downtown area and easy access to both commercial and sightseeing area. Our Golden Laural revolving restaurant, Cafe and Noodle & Chopstick Restaurant are highly recommended by our guest.

Again, thank you for your valuable comments, and with guest's feedback we could improve our facilities and service to better serve you in future.

Look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Hefei in future.