Holiday Inn Hefei
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
All reviewscomfortable bednoodlesexcellent choiceon arrivalkindsfloorenglish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 September 2015

I imagine that this calibre of hotel is uniform across the whole Holiday inn global franchise.
The bed was comfortable, free wifi was great, breakfast catered more for the Chinese pallette but coffee helped, shower powerful and warm, reception accomodating.
Faultless with regards to Holiday inn really, but then I suppose my scruffy backpacking sort of dwelling when abroad means that a comfortable bed and functioning shower is all I really ever want.
Hefei is an amazing city though. People are so nice here, they want you to feel ok and safe at all times. If you are travelling through then don't dismiss the place, it is so welcoming.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 August 2015

Having always stayed elsewhere on trips to Hefei, this time I decided to give the Holiday Inn a crack of the whip. There are two in close proximity which can be confusing so best to have the address handy for the taxi.

First the negatives. I have no idea whether the advertisement for the "airport shuttle" is the hotel's or Ctrip's but it is quite wrong. There is no shuttle, there is an airport bus which will drop you at the north bus station. From there it is a minimum cab fare to the hotel so no great drama there. Inside the hotel, the only gripe is that some of the carpets are worn and should be replaced.

On the plus side (which far outweighs the above), on arrival a veritable army of concierges surrounded our taxi to take our bags (including up to the room) and it was is we were visiting royalty. The room was clean, spacious and the bed, although not as soft as western beds, was perfectly comfortable. I found the sleep quality good and noise level low.

I don't think the TV had any western film channels but they did have BBC News, albeit it was grainy.

The only meal we ate was breakfast and I defy anyone to find a better one in Hefei - there was something for everyone, including for Americans, eggy bread and maple syrup. Yes I had some!

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff or the general mageress (Cherry), from lending me a computer mouse to despatching someone to the train station with our IDs to collect our train tickets - and refusing to allow me to pay for the privilege.

I cannot speak highly enough of this hotel, it is a mystery to me as to why it is not higher on TripAdvisor than it is. It deserves better and on service alone it is world class. I have no hesitation recommending it to anyone.

Stayed: August 2015
1  Thank SinophileLuton
Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

Very nice hotel that we are staying at for part of our adoption trip. The rooms are nice and spacious. The management upgraded us from two standard rooms to a suit and a room because of construction going on up top. Breakfast included in the rooms was nice. I would give it 5 stars but we have a few things that did not get fixed. The ac, while perfect for us as Americans as it stays cool, is to cold for our children but we are unable to increase the temperature for them. They came up and said how to change it and then did it themselves, changing it from a brisk 21c to 24c but it never actually changed, still at 21c 3 days later. Also we couldn't use the walk in shower in the suit as the water streams out under the door. Easy fixes on these but not something they can do while we are in the room. The service however was great and they came to our room immediately every issue we had for anything.

Stayed: June 2015
2  Thank Ryan P
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This hotel,is right in the heart of everything and easy walking distance to everything. No one speaks English but they go out of their way to find out what you need. I had a mandarin translator on my phone which helped. Air conditioning is not good some of he time. We had adjoining rooms and one room had bad smelling airconditioning. The buffet was good and the noodle bar exceptional.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2013

The lobby of the hotel seems alright, but the room looks very old and does needs a renovation work. There are some construction going on right next to the hotel so the rooms are very noisy. They provided ear plugs for those who stand on the noise.. The cable TV quality is very bad.. very fuzzy. The most unacceptable thing I found is the toilet is not clean, stains can be found at the toilet area, really not acceptable..

As of location its about 10-20 minutes walking distance to some Parkson shopping center for food and shopping..

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ctkwan
HFECH, Manager at Holiday Inn Hefei, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

In spite of being very busy thanks you to give our review, was sorry very much our service has not been able to let you satisfy. You feedbacked the room question we already fed back have given the guest room administration steward, we will be clean in the guest room and the reorganization aspect will strengthen the surveillance; Meanwhile we expected sincerely obtains you more careful opinion and the recommendation, if you will move in next time time has any need either the question may send a telegram to the switchboard or the great hall vice-principle seek help, we hoped that the first time solves the problem for you. We devote in becoming the Hefei friendliest hotel, the hotel growth cannot leave your support and show loving concern, we anticipate your presence sincerely once more.