1,291 results
All reviews international hotel gulangyu island sea view royal suite thai restaurant zhongshan road ferry terminal club floor ideal location non smoking executive room high floor buffet breakfast pedestrian mall tourist spots four nights booked this hotel
Reviewed 12 September 2018

First, about the room. The room is good, cozy and pretty. And the view looks great at night.

The surrounding is pretty as well. This place is really close to the Zhongshan Road and the Gulang Island. 3 minutes walk to the bus station or subway station nearby. 5 minutes walk to Costa and Starbucks and a bunch of restaurants near the sea. 10 minutes walk to a shopping mall called China City. 10 minutes drive to Xiamen University. It's such a great location.

Although the food for breakfast is not bad, the guests need to queue up for it, even the hotel opens two restaurants for breakfast. If you prefer a quieter environment to have the breakfast, I will strongly suggest you go early. The breakfast starts at 6:30 and few people go there at that time. Besides, there are not many kinds of western breakfast for foreigners. By the way, no sea view on the restaurant because it is in the second floor and the trees along the avenue completely cover the view of Gulang Island and the sea.
I tried all the three restaurants in the hotel: RedThai, Rivage, and the one for Chinese food(sorry to forget about the name of it).
For buffet in the Rivage restaurant, which is the one people have breakfast in the morning, is really good actually. Especially the chef Elvis is really professional and a good talker. Have a great conversation with him and get to know that he's from Taiwan and have studied in Canada. For the food, the rice with salmon tastes really good and the seafood there tastes fresh as well. Moreover, the hostesses are so considerate and provide excellent services. And the price is around 200 yuan per person for lunch, and around 300 yuan per person for dinner, depending on the day you go.

For RedThai, with cooks from Thailand, they supply not many kinds of dishes. Most of the dishes they have are not so good but not too bad. But the environment is really good, to be honest. And the price is reasonable, around 70yuan per person I think, though I spend 160 yuan when I go alone.

For the Chinese restaurant on the third floor. I really think since you are in China, you have so many choices and you don't really need to go here. The food is just so-so. I went there in the lunchtime for the dimsum buffet. Well, the diversity is great. But the waiters... they just keep chatting with each other. I raised and wave my hand at first to get their attention but that doesn't work. I really need to walk toward them to ask for tea or say "fuwuyuan"(which means waiter in Chinese) like other Chinese does. Not sure if this is a cultural difference or not. Slow serving speed, good environment.

Last but not the least, not many staff can speak fluent English here. Few words and simple sentences, yes. But sometimes the staff just don't know what the English speakers mean and that causes a little bit of inconvenience. And the translation on the menu in the Chinese restaurant is partly wrong. But you can still know what is about so it's not a big deal.

Stayed: July 2018
Tourist792415, 经理 at Swiss Grand Xiamen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Swiss Grand Hotel in Xiamen and taking the time to share such a detailed experience with us. We are glad to learn that you have a pleasant and comfortable stay in the hotel, especially in the Rivage. At the same time, we are very grateful to you for giving us so much advice. We will give feedback to the relevant departments. Thank you again for sharing and looking forward to your stay again.

Best Regards,
Jane Zheng
Service and Quality Manager

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

Located next to water and near to old town, this is truely the right location in Xiamen. Great services throughout. Would be good to have a better wifi. Prices are going up compare to my previous stays in Xmn

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to post a review following your recent stay at Swiss Grand Xiamen. We are very glad to learn that you had an overall enjoyable stay. There are three special restaurants in the hotel. May I recommand RedThai the Thai restaurant which has a Thai chef and provide original Thai foods? Thank you for your perfect rating and we look forward to your continued support!

Jane Zheng
Service Quality Manager

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Some things about this hotel are good, such as the amenities and the room and the view if you select sea side view. Service is good, but nothing that makes it memorable either.

Floor on the room was dusty, I noticed it when I dropped a piece of clothing and picked it back up it was full of dust...

Not disappointed, but not thrilled either. It would have been four stars for sure if the WiFi was better, but it is so sensationally slow that I even had to use my mobile data to write this review.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 23 July 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing stay in our hotel and share the comments with us. I am sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectation. We apologise for the room cleaning and the internet speed.We attach great importance to your opinions and have responded to the relevant departments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Jane Zheng,
Service Improvement Manager, Swiss Grand Xiamen

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

The room and bathroom are large and the bed is soft, with microwaves, refrigerators and small kitchens to meet the needs of family travelling. It takes only 10-minutes walk to Zhongshan Road, 15 yuan for a taxi to Baicheng Beach,and 60 yuan to Xiangshan for sailing tour! The French window in the room is excellent and the view outside is beautiful in good days. The service is surprising. When I wanted to use the bathtub and called the service center to disinfect it,I did not expect Joy to provide me a bath set. They are really considerate. I will recommend this hotel to my friends!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 3 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to post a review following your recent stay at Swiss Grand Xiamen. We are very glad to learn that you had an overall enjoyable stay and especially loved our services. There are also three special restaurants in the hotel. May I recommand RedThai the Thai restaurant which has a Thai chef and provide original Thai foods?

Fairy Yu
Marcom Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I came with my family on a family trip and we somehow picked this hotel because of the pictures other people had posted. The check in agent asked whether we wanted to upgrade our room for an extra few yuans per nigh. We loved the new room! There was even a small living area and the room seemed so spacious compared to the other hotels I’ve stayed at. Everyone greeted us warmly wherever we went and the best part was that they even sent us a cake on the day of my birthday which shocked us because we didn’t know who arranged it!!!!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 29 June 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for spending your valuable time to post a review following your recent stay at Swiss Grand Xiamen. We are very glad to learn that you had an overall enjoyable stay and especially loved our room. Thank you for your perfect rating and we look forward to your continued support.
Also, Happy Birthday!