“Great food, friendly service ”

Flavorz (all-day dining restaurant)
Ranked #15 of 4,304 Restaurants in Shenzhen
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Civic Center
Description: Located on the 2nd floor, the hotel's all- day dining restaurant offers innovative culinary delights. A true market-concept, the restaurant features live cooking stations including Chinese and Western barbecue, noodles and dim sum, sushi and sashimi, pastry, bakery and dessert. The open kitchens showcase seasonal, fresh produce and chefs at work. In addition to the food offerings, a large beverage selection will be available, including old and New World wines from renowned vineyards. Works from international artists add to the light ambiance, creating an energetic and welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I stay at the Ritz Carlton Shenzhen quite a bit. But I have not eaten their buffet dinner at the Flavorz restaurant in about 4-5 years with the exception of breakfast, as I had thought their food was just so-so at the time and not worth what they charge. Today, I decided to give it a try again and my friend and I were very pleasantly surprised.

Everything from the selection of different salads, Appetizers, hot stir fry dishes, Indian selection, barbecue seafood, and not to mention the dessert, was definitely looked at Individually by someone who cared very much and definitely knows what he/she is doing.

While skeptical at first, the Canadian oysters at the buffet are top notch. As Fresh as ones I’ve had in any high end oyster bar anywhere. I probably had a dozen.

The bbq fish, stir friend Chinese dishes, and their cheese pizza is delicious!

I had a piece of their steak (not exactly sure which cut), was excellent. And i was told their actual “Steak night” is Thursday’s.

Their dessert selection is unbelievable as I really enjoy some sweets with the after dinner espresso.

I will come back again very soon.

Ravi K, Owner at Flavorz (all-day dining restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear travelerintaiwan,

Warmest greetings from Flavorz! Thank you very much for your wonderful comments on TripAdvisor.

Our chef always presents authentic delicious dishes. who are always willing to go the extra mile in anticipating guests’ needs to make their stay memorable. I will personally share your experience and great comments with the team, and celebrate their commitment to service excellence.

Again, thank you for your wonderful review. All our Ladies and Gentlemen look very much forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home.

Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Typical hotel buffet, food was OK, nothing to brag about, typical oriental and western foods. The only western food they had was pizza, and spaghetti with meat balls. The service was horrible. I was asked to select either white wine or red. I asked the waiter for diet Coca Cola, he never came back with a beverage. Got up a second time to get more food, my table was cleared and other people were sitting at it. I place my dish on their table and walked out.

Ravi K, 業者 at Flavorz (all-day dining restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Dear Lito51855,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent review, and I am so sorry to learn about your unpleasant experience.

I would like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, I can assure you that this was definitely an isolated case, and not the service standard we are well known for.

Again, thank you very much for your input, and hope to welcome you back to The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen in the very near future. Please do let me know personally if I can be of any assistance. My email is Ravi.kumar@ritzcarlton.com.

Best regards

Reviewed 17 November 2017

We go to Flavorz at the Ritz Carlton in Shenzhen quite frequently for weekend breakfast. They recently did a renovation that made the restaurant ambience nicer (it was nice before too). The breakfast food is good, comparable to other high level 5 star hotels in Shenzhen. But the service is the best in town in my opinion. I usually go with my daughter, who is 6 years old. They always remember her, even her name and what she likes for breakfast. Venus and Marco in particular are awesome. Above and beyond. We will be back soon, for the food but also for the super friendly service!

Ravi K, Owner at Flavorz (all-day dining restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear Cameron W,

I am most delighted to hear that you had memorable experiences at Flavorz, and especially impressed by the delicious food and excellent services provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen. I will personally share your experience and great comments with Restaurant Manager Marco, Venus and the whole team, as well as celebrate their commitment to service excellence. We are looking forward to seeing you again and are always ready to create another wonderful memory for you at our hotel.
Please feel free to let me know when you will be visiting again. Hopefully soon.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

I've come here many times now for the Flavorz burger and it remains one of the best burgers in town. I have rarely been twice to other restaurants to eat their burgers, but I have been here numerous times.

First, the service is always outstanding, from ensuring I always have a drink and is always topped up if needed to checking on quality of the food, the attention from staff is top notch. Staff here always ask how I want the burger cooked, which is not something that happens very often in other restaurants, this is one of the signs of a good burger for me. The quality of the meat is of course high and it doesn't matter whether I want the meat cooked rare or well done, I can always eat the burger safe in the knowledge that I won't regret it the next day. The burger comes with a large side salad and now also with some pickled onions and gherkins, which is a nice touch. If you're appetite is up to it, then you can also finish off the side dish of different bread.

Definitely worth a visit!!

Ravi K, Owner at Flavorz (all-day dining restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Dear DKUKSZ,
Thank you very much for your five-star review.
I appreciate the time you spent on giving us a nice comment on TripAdvisor. I have already shared your comment with the Flavorz team and Culinary team. We are most delighted to know that you had a good dining experience at Flavorz. We are looking forward to seeing you again and are always ready to create another wonderful memory for you at our hotel.

Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

I am a foodie and have always been very discerning when it comes to the restaurants I am a patron.

To my surprise, I've found the best dinner buffet on the planet. You are greeted warmly and the right table is selected. After being taken by the captivating ambience, there is a tour of the incredibly vast and well organized food stations.

Beginning the meal was so difficult to even choose the right appetizer.
The great presentation of oysters looked so good and fresh that even I was tempted to have them. However, I do not eat shell fish. My choice was the sashimi. It was extraordinary
I also chose a German beer " Erdinger " To my surprise and delight the staff knew.

There are so many entre dishes making it impossible to try them all in one day ... but I chose lamb chops prepared medium well. Absolutely cooked to perfection with a exquisite presentation.

Even though it is a buffet service, the staff makes it a royal dining experience with the sending and preparing dishes a la carte. This culinary experience makes this restaurant so irresistible you find yourself staying until the closing time.

To my delight this dinner buffet exceeds my culinary expectations. Also available on the weekend is brunch with lobster, foie gras, caviar and an endless flowing of champagne.

The restaurant and staff will make everything possible to accommodate the dining requirements for kosher, vegetarian or food allergy patrons. My dining experience with the food, ambiance and the unique attention from assistant manager Maria Fernanda Medina Mora Lobaton made my dinner one of the best at the standards of a 5 star ***** restaurant.

Sincerely

Carlos Saenz-Hauptman

Ravi K, Owner at Flavorz (all-day dining restaurant), responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Haqdol1,
I am most delighted to hear that you had memorable experiences at Flavorz, and especially impressed by the delicious food and excellent services provided by our Ladies and Gentlemen,and especially impressed by Assistant Manager Maria made your dinner one of the best at standards of a 5 star restaurant.

Director of Food and Beverage
The Ritz-Carlton, Shenzhen

Been to Flavorz (all-day dining restaurant)? Share your experiences!