“Fantastic Location, Fantastic Food”
Review of Mama's - CLOSED

Mama's
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating
Description: Great Kebabs at a great location. Come to Mama's in Seaworld square today for excellent food and our famous mama's pizza. Delivery available!
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Mama's seems the lost gem in Sea World, Shekou! The location is just fantastic, right in the heart of the square tucked in the corner with both inside and outside dining.

They have excellent Pizza's, the best I've had in China and I could see that as the delivery bikes were always zooming in and out! I love the kababs ... Especially chicken with garlic sauce! I mostly like the 'home cut fries' - not the normal horrible ovan baked fries that most restaurants seem to serve so this was a huge plus for me!

The biggest surprise was the coffee that they import from Tanzania - it's amazing, love it and it's the best I've ever had! I have no idea why anyone is sitting in Starbucks when Mama's coffee is right next door - I think they need to market this and it's a mist try!

The WIFI is exceptionally fast, with beer on draft - I'm a fan. It's fantastic and ill be back!

Reviewed 1 June 2013

The gyros are delicious. Order them with the "white sauce" which they call garlic and ask for 2 of them....they don't mind at all. The french fries come piping hot and it is a lovely location there at Sea World.....worth every penny and the effort to get there.

Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

I used to eat often at the old mama's restaurant. The food was good and the price, fair. Since they' ve moved to the new location I first tried it on the opening week as I was curious about the new products. What a big disapointment! I've asked for a kebab, was so small, but expensive.
I really wanted to give it another try as I am a big fan of the arabic food. This time I ve had lamb kebab plate... same old story, small portion of meat, 7 french fries (no joke!) And a little bit of salad with some garlic sauce spread over.
Don't waste your money!

Reviewed 26 March 2013

I was lurking in Seaworld Square late night after a great Party at The Village and found I only had a choice of McDonalds, KFC and and this little place called Mama's... Trying to stay off the fast food I staggered into Mama's and ordered a Pizza, Beef Plate and Cheeze Sticks. All of which were excellent and good value. OK so it is still fast food... but the food was real and was fantastic.

The friendly staff told me that Mama's is open 24 hours so as far as I'm aware it's the only delivery place open all hours ... So I've took the menu and have since ordered 3 more times and each time has been great.

I've found my late night delivery place.... Worth taking a take away menu for all those times you are stuck at home with nothing in the Fridge... Great stuff!

Reviewed 2 March 2013

Having lived in Shekou for a couple of years now I have eaten at many of the restaurants around town. I have to say that Mama's is one of my favorite places to eat. The Kebabs are the best, especially chicken with garlic sauce. The staff is always happy to see you, and the food comes out quick. Its a great place to just sit and relax and enjoy yourself.