See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 May 2015

May be my 4th Visit to this Hotel in the last few years and my second reviews, almost as if I am being paid by the Hotel To write for them.
But to be frank, its the Extremely high Quality Service in all respects and the best Pool, Gym and Gardens that you can ever expect in a simple not so expensive Business hotel, that motivates me to write the Positive Reviews once again about this Same property.

The Location is no Doubt one of the best in Zhongshan with Many Big Malls in the very near by vicinity, many great Chinese eating joints, and the extremely picturesque Walking Steet outside the malls. The long distance Bus and Train station are also pretty close to the hotel.
To my added advantage there are also 2 -- 100% Vegetarian Chinese-Buddhist Joints, which make my survival in China possible. The food quality at these is also amazing indeed.
Golden Diamond is overall a True Value for money proposition. Spic and Span interiors, clean beds, towels, interiors etc and the complete resort like look and feel given to a business hotel, always adds the points to the property.

Room Tip: Pool Facing, Lower Floor Room are Great. Yes, the Lower Floors between the 3rd to 7th should be great.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 May 2015

I've been there during a business trip, and has a good average quality/Price. Situation is ok and there's no complain about the room. The problema came during 1st breakfast as I asked for a coffee and the coffee machine was broken. After 30minutes claiming for the coffee, I was oblige to leave without it, because the waitresses did not want to go one level down to the bar to get it....incredible!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2015

We have not been to Golden Diamond for almost 2 years and we decided to spend CNY holidays at Golden Diamond hotel with a family of 10 people. We booked a 3 bedroom suite and a Queen room. The 3 bedroom suite had deteriorated a lot since our last stay. The room interior decoration is terrible with water stained and peeled off wallpaper everywhere, sofa and bathroom are dirty. The ensuite bathroom is still missing a shower curtain and water flooded the floor. The troubles about all China hotels are that they do not renovate and just let it deteriorate. As for the Queen room, our relative found it acceptable with no major complains. There were some improvement as compared to last time we stayed here was they offered free wifi in the room instead of going to the lobby like last time and the breakfast was not as crowded as before but still have to wait for seats and still limited selection of food. The hotel staff and reception had improved and provided smooth check-in and check-out. This is really a 3 star hotel than a 4 star hotel (Anyway China hotel standard is different than international standard). The advantages of staying here is that it is close to nearby famous restaurant石岐佬 (5 min walk) and shopping center大信-新都汇 (15min walk). If you are looking for a budget price and convenient location, then this hotel is right for you.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I stayed here with my brother. Only for 1 night, because we moved to other town the next day. With no reservation, I payed for walk in price. Average price for 4 star hotel in China. This hotel is great. Big lobby and friendly staff. My room is clean and neat, make me feel so comfy to stay in the room. Near to the hotel there is a famous local restaurant that selling pigeon. And if you walk around 10-15mnts from the hotel, you can find shopping area with lot of food stand. If you need wifi in your rooms, just call front office and ask for it. A staff come to my room to bring the portable wifi device so I can use my ipad in the room with good connection. This is really a good service for me, because in some other hotel in China they will tell you to use wifi in the lobby area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I think, it just can't get any better than this. Though Shangrila a 5Star is am amazing hotel in every respect, Golden Diamond is a just as perfect or even better.
The hotel has all the following positives -
1) Walking distance from the main market area.
(Better location than Shangrila)
2) Very neat and clean interiors and superb rooms.
3) Good view from the room and nice plush interiors.
4) Nice variety for the breakfast menu and even a pure vegan can find enough items.
5) The hotel garden, Gym and the Pool are amazingly designed and give the feel of a large resort, rather than a business hotel.
6) And surprisingly, a Lot of Staff members, spoke decent English, which made the stay even more comfortable.
When in Zhongshan, I would surely recommend this Hotel. The hotel is a total Value for money and is not lesser in any respect than most other 5 Star hotels of China, inspite of being a 4 Star. I had made my decision to stay here, a Bit Hesitatingly, after seeing the other traveller reviews and hence wrote my review, so help others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business