All reviewsevery eveninghostelchinayuanchinese
Reviewed 19 January 2016

We stayed in Sanya for a little over a week. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was always clean and neat. Trustworthy and reliable owners and management. We had an absolute blast staying here. Food was limited in the restaurant. Great location and day trips can be arranged at the hostel.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2015 via mobile

Perfekt place to go!! We spend 4 nigths there and we will definitely come back.
The rooms was clean and the beds was so comfortable :) the staf was so sweet and ready to help if we need to buy something or to book a taxi. In every nigth there are live music and sing a lot of songs, so it is the perfekt place to chill and have a good time.
As a plus the breakfast was so damn good and the drinks in the nigths was too.
All thought the hostel is amazing and definitely a place you must visit !
- Naja cramer and Signe Mousing

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 November 2015 via mobile

We spent a few days at the Backpackers place which we enjoyed very much. The weather is always nice, staff very friendly and room fine. Bathroom was kinda small and could use a renovation though.
The location is very convenient since it is a 5 minute walk to the closest beach (Dadongai Bay) Maybe I was expecting to much but it was a bit of a dissapointment. The boulevard and restaurants are all old and rusty and the whole costal line is complety filled with big flats or flats onder construction. The beach itself is fine, nothing to special.
I did hear that Yalong bay is beautiful, clean and almost empty so I would definitly recommend to check that out. I will probably never come back to Sanya and Hainan since it still needs a lot of work to be really the Hawai of China and there are way more beautiful beaches to be found in Indo, Cambodia, Thailand etc.. If you are planning to go to Hainan to relax a few days in between your China trip (like I did), don't expect to much.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2015

We spent 5 days in Sanya. We arrived at the hostel and were so glad that we decided for this place. The Lobby is such a cool chill Zone where u can have some nice Drinks , listen to Music and Play pool. Our room was super clean, the bed was comfortable and we had an amazing balcony. The most amazing Thing was the staff. we can not Forget how they helped us in everything and made this trip to one of the best trips of our lives, they took care of us and we felt like this is our Family!!! Germany loves you guys and we will definetly come back <3 !!!
Donny, Finn, Thomas

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 October 2015

Took me 47 hours to get here from Guangzhou (typhoon getting in the way; Glasgow to Pitcairn might have been quicker) but who cares now.

Ena, Maggie, Seven & Fiona - lovely friendly staff -
the comfy rooms, the chilled out 'surf-buddy' courtyard with bar&pool, palmfringely tucked into a nice quiet alleyway just steps from noodleshops, minimarts, bars (e.g. Dolphins just around the way is host to great live Filipino music, decent pool table, good drinks/burgers/mex promos); shoes off at the entrance... Hey hey man (or woman) this is the perfect antidote for RRRRR may-yo, may-yo travel connections.

I'd originally booked a dorm bed for the previous night - which obviously with suspended ferryboat-choppy-waves-no-go services I was unable to use. On eventual arrival there were no dorm beds left - only one double room which is normally above a single dorm-surfer's budget. They compromised - stay first night in the double - switch to a couple more nights in the dorm - won't go into pricing details, but effectively flexible and accommodating with no fuss, both parties happy. So many places in China where frontdesk seems there primarily to count kuai instead of welcoming guests or provide useful travel/excursion information. Thank you, good people.

And another good thing, re security: the Colombian guys jumped up & said, "We go to Dolphins"; I leapt up, leaving laptop&knapsack behind; the girls knew. When I got back at 2am, shoes off at door, no evidence of my stuff, no need for unease: safely delivered to my bedside table. Excellent service, ladies. Feichang xie xie.

Stayed: October 2015