US$430
US$135
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$158/night.

US$73
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

US$44
US$120
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

US$34
US$445
clubmed.us
All reviewsevery eveninghostelchinayuanchinese
Reviewed 14 November 2017

Well well well, what have we got here then? A banging hostel that's what. First night after getting the wrong train to the wrong city sanya backpackers hostel was there to wipe away the tears and tell us it's all right. And all right it was, our group kicked things off with a karaoke performance to just a single audience member (tingting- we lov u x) but by the end of the night we were well acquainted singing it up big time with some fellow travellers. I've got a lot of love for this hostel, great mems

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2017

The staff, although volunteers, are very very nice. I could not find the hostel as I arrived after dark. When I got dropped off at Hai Hua Road, I called the front desk and this lady actually came picking me up! But I have to say, as a hostel you cannot expect hardware of a star-rated hotel. First thing, the air conditioning was too weak for a Hongkonger. Then the bathroom was tiny. My husband can barely turn around inside. No TV in the whole property, which means get out of the room and meet someone at the bar! Live show every evening by a Taiwan guitarist. Lots of favorite oldies, and original songs ([probably written by himself, but in Chinese).
Some people mentioned that management has changed, I don't know, doesn't matter to me. Drinks are a bit expensive but hey, you can get it the convenience store and drink it here. Just clean up after yourselves. The hostel gives out free beach towels.
If you are looking for restaurants in the neighborhood, check online comments whenever you can. There are quite a few "ripper offers"

Room Tip: Best to get a suite with a bathroom. The one with a balcony is best value for money.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Catherine K
Reviewed 17 April 2017

Nice youth hostel with a nice girl at the reception. You can rent surfboards but for 150 Yuan maybe on the beaches they are cheeper... :-/ unfortunately the bathroom ist very small and dirty but I liked the room by itself. Also the bed was very cosy.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2016

Dirty hostel with mold and uncleaned bathrooms. Over- priced bar and everything - not even free water available. The owners are greedy, looking to make money at every opportunity. Staff don't speak English.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank laulau7772016
Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

I always prefer hostels over hotels and I'm really not picky when it comes to cleanness, space, location etc. But this hostel was so disappointing that we left the morning after we arrived - even though we couldn't get our money back for the rest of the days.

If you want to try it out either way, I advice you to only book one night to begin with. That way you won't waste your money.

I'll try to make it short:
- arrogant and not caring staff, no "hi, nice to meet you", nor any smiles
- common area is really nicely decorated but there is no music and the bar closed very early so you don't have a chance to chill out and meet people
- fungi on the walls (see pictures)
- 7 days cancelation policy which is a nice trick if you run such a bad place because then people read good reviews in e.g. Lonely Planet and book because they think it's nice and then they are trapped when they actually get there. Usually hostels only have 1 day cancelation policy.
- good location, close to the beach, free towels for the beach

But worst of all and very important to have in mind: people get free drinks if they rate them 100% on sites like Tripadvisor and Hostelworld (see pictures) - which totally undermines the point of these sites. What can we as users then trust? I wouldn't count on the reviews that says 5 stars in here or 100% on hostel sites.

Hope you'll find a nice place to stay in Sanya. We capitulated to a hotel for the rest of the time in Sanya.
- Sarah, Denmark