I didn't know what to expect when heading to Sanya for a weekend away from Hong Kong - I have to admit that I might not be back in a hurry.
It was a lengthy taxi ride from the airport to the hotel, it didn't help that we got stuck in traffic that didn't move for an hour. Upon arrival at the hotel, you can only be impressed by the scale and design of the place. It's huge and grand - very impressive.
Unfortunately that is as far as the impressiveness goes - the rooms are quite worn and all smelt quite musky. You are desperate to open the balcony doors when arriving, but unfortunately your room is then inundated with mosquitos!
The hotel pool is enormous - good for relaxing in, but there is no atmosphere around the place. You can't get food or drink at the pool and it is very quiet.
The staff are all very helpful and polite, but unfortunately this hotel seems to be too big for its own good - a lot of work is needed to get it back up to a 5* level.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa, a Marriott lifestyle brand. Explore the spectacular tropical landscaping and pristine beaches with incredible sunsets. Relax and rejuvenate at our exquisite resort & spa located at Haitang Bay on the South China Sea, where Guest rooms offer a choice of breathtaking ocean or equally stunning mountain views. Enjoy the various culinary delights within the resort. Red Star offers international cuisine and evening seafood & BBQ Buffet, where during the winter, the hot pot selection is also available. Star Anise offers Cantonese cuisine complimented by selection of cuisines from various parts of China. While Starfish Market presents Grill & BBQ selection during the weekend & public holidays. For those seeking a venue to chill out before & after dinner. Visit the Lounge at the Lobby with Live music daily from 2130 (Except Sunday) or share your musical talent at R-Place, our sports bar with Karaoke rooms. To rejuvenate your body and spirit, visit our Quan Spa featuring massages and treatments. Other amenities include the fitness centre, kids' pool with slide, R-kids' club with many recreational activities including bowling alleys. Not forgetting our huge swimming pools, where you can always find a quiet spot to relax. Our event facilities feature an exquisite grand ballroom that accommodates 900+ dinner guests and the lawn for 300+ dinner guests. Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa has the advantage of accessible beach to swim in Haitang Bay. It is only 15 minutes drive to the World's largest duty free mall at the bay by our complimentary shuttle bus and 45 minutes drive directly to the airport. MARRIOTT REWARDS PRIVILEGES Members get extensive discounts & special prices in the restaurants & bars, recreation and spa including all day happy hour drinks in the Lounge & Starfish Bar ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Sanya Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Sanya Resort And Spa
- Renaissance Sanya Hotel Sanya