US$48
US$87
US$186
US$505
clubmed.us
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Firstly and most importantly, this is a review of the Sanya Royal Garden Resort -GRAND BUILDING. The hotel has two separate facilities and they are very different. I believe they are in the process of changing the name of their older building as my Chinese companions told me that the Chinese name of this hotel no longer reflects the English name.
Before I can talk about how nice the rooms were, I do have to make special note of how displeased we were with the staff at this hotel. We booked with a popular online hotel booking website which promised that our room would have a terrace (we payed more for a terrace rather than a balcony), free in-room wifi, and absolutely no surprise fees at the hotel. When we arrived, we were informed of hotel tax, our room had no wifi (no rooms do), and we were given a balcony room. When I pointed out that we paid more for a terraced room, they roughly demanded proof. When I showed them the reservation and then even loaded up the website to show the room description and photo of the terrace, they said that the photo and room description were wrong. When I showed them that the room we were in was actually a cheaper room on the booking website, they could come up with no explanation. A two-hour discussion ensued during which the management lied to us about contacting our booking website (they said they called, then said they didn't have the number, then when I gave them the number they said they couldn't call).
After fuming from the bad service, I settled into appreciated the room that we did have. It was pretty darn amazing. The room we booked was a "Superior Twin sea-view" and boy did it have an amazing sea-view! The room was spotlessly clean with two very comfortable twin sized beds. The room decoration was such a nice change from what I am used to in China, very modern and warm-feeling. The best part, in my opinion, was the large bathtub that could easily accommodate two people. The bathtub is separated from the rest of the room by a curtain which, when drawn up, allowed you a view of the sea from your tub! The hotel infinity swimming pool is also great! The water was clean and again, the views were amazing. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk down to the beach, but they have a convenient golf cart that takes you down every half hour.
Final thoughts on this hotel are conflicted. I really loved the room, but I am so incredibly displeased with the staff. This seems to be endemic at the hotel as we had trouble with the staff when we stayed at the cheaper wing 5 years ago.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a higher room. The lowest floor (I think they call it 3) offers no privacy as people at the pool can look into your room. Also one room on the lowest floor is half obstructed by a stair-well. None of the higher rooms have obstructions. The "Garden-view" rooms looked amazing and still have a sea-view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank expat_in_hongkong
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Stay somewhere else. I travel extensively and have never encountered such rudeness. When the staff are not on their cell phones or chatting among themselves, they act as if you are a bother and go out of their way to avoid providing assistance. For me the last straw was when I asked the woman sitting behind the "cashier" sign to change some money for me. She shook her head and waved me away saying "no, no." I then went farther down the counter and asked a different woman who took my 50 dollar bill, walked it down to the "cashier," and handed it to her. Needless to say the cashier drew out the process as long as possible, taking calls and chatting with people while I waited. I honestly can't recall when I've been treated THAT rudely!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Travelalot3264
Reviewed 23 December 2011

We booked a superior ocean view room in the main building on the 4th floor. I loved the early morning views of the sunrise from the balcony. Our room was in the older section - the doors were worn and our closet door was broken, but the beds were comfortable and clean. We felt very safe there. Good service - the shower drain didn't work and we had trouble hooking up to the net the first day, but we called reception and they sent someone up immediately to fix both problems. Close enough to walk to the beach, or you can catch a ride in a golf cart every half hour. There was a lot of noise all day as there were two construction sites between our hotel and the beach, but at night the room was was quiet. The infinity pool was beautiful - it was a short walk across the road and up the hill to the newer section. Breakfast in the new section is definitely better than in the main building, but it costs a bit more.

Room Tip: Great views from the superior ocean view room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mycteacher
Reviewed 20 December 2011

We found this hotel in Agoda and when i was trying to book the room I found out they have two different buildings which one is older and one is newer. Make sure you book the right one with the infinity pool and located on the uphill right across from the older building. I believe the name of the new one is something called Royal Garden Grand Resort (三亚半山锦江海景度假酒店(贵宾楼)).

This hotel located really close to downtown Sanya and Luhuitou Park. We rent a car ourselves and it is not that hard to figure out where you need to go.

We booked the room with garden and ocean views as well as free breakfasts for two. The hotel overall is nice (the new one) and the staff are all quite friendly :) Nice room and love the pool there!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you book the right one : 三亚半山锦江海景度假酒店(贵宾楼)in Chinese.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CSSNAKEW
Reviewed 13 June 2011

there are 3 buildings of the hotel and you need to make sure which one you are going to stay since their room rates vary vastly. the best one is on the moutain which has an infinity pool but all hotel guests can use it. the hotel can even use a golf cart to send you up the moutain for the gym and pool and even the beach down below the hotel. on foot and it took you roughly 10 mins to reach dadonghai. we just booked a seaview room at the old building. not much expecation at all as we only paid a fair price. the balcony of the room which offers a view over the sea is definitely a bous. as for the breakfast though served in a buffet stytle, not much to choose indeed but still ok given the room rate we paid. one more point, the lighting of the bath room is rather dim.
the hotel is close to the town area and only around 10 cyn by taxi can get you to the town.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends