US$61
US$76
Priceline
US$164
Hotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 11 June 2013

From our arrival at this hotel, chosen for its proximity to our intended site visits and a reasonable review rating, my wife and I were subjected to rudeness and smells not associated with any place serious about good customer relations and guest comfort.
The two front of house staff were rude, did not welcome us in any way, were unsure what to do and demanded money without explaining why it was needed. We had to ask where the room was located and when we entered after a further trip to reception to activate the key card, were treated to a strong smell of mould from the bathroom which lacked an extractor fan and or window and water which pulsated low to high pressure constantly. The windows did not shut properly and the air con was noisy. These were the most memorable highlights of our one night stay. I could go on, but won't in case someone thinks I am a professional complainer.
I could not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Derek M
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Staying for 1 night in King Room A with a cheap price. Eventhough it was said "No Window" but I got the room with a window.
The room was clean, the bed is big and comfortable. Overall, it was a nice budget hotel eventhough some parts of the room was worn out.
The staff also can speak a basic English and quite helpful.
It is not within a walking distance to the railway station if you need to bring your big luggage, but it will be an easy walk with a backpack. Also, the railway station can be reached via Tourist Bus no 1 or 4 from the bus stop in front of the hotel. The long distance bus also near by.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Marry_Kusuma
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Stayed 1 night. Not within walking distance from Railway station. Need to take a cab (If not, it's a long walk with all the luggage!). Hotel is average, abit small, lights in the room quite dim and the smoke free room has the smoke smell when we checked in. Heater in the room wasn't really working and the next morning there was no heater in the toilet. However, we were able to check out and keep our luggage with them till late afternoon. And I thought that was great. Overall, satisfactory but not great.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I don't often give 2/5 for hotels but this one was worth it.

I'd stayed in a Green Tree in Nanjing which was OK but this one was not as good.

Location: Suzhou railway station is currently being refurbished so there is no exit from the South Side which makes walking to the hotel a tough job and at least 20+ minutes. Best get a taxi or bus.

Hotel lobby is OK but smoky despite the no smoking signs. No free wi-fi or computers to use. My room on the 2nd floor was adjacent to the conference room and smelt smoky. The worst thing was the disgusting carpet which had so many stains on it I wouldn't walk barefoot.

Hotel isn't that near the centre of Suzhou and most of the attractions but there are plenty of nearby buses to go to most place which are just 2 Yuan a ride or taxis are cheap. Suzhou is a lovely city, especially by night. The PanMen scenic area is pretty. Humble Administrators Garden is overpriced.

I would not stay here again - I tried the JinJiang chain which was much nicer and not that much more expensive.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2010

We stayed here one night on our way to somewhere else and it was very adequate for our needs. It can very easily be walked to from the train station and from the long-distance bus station. It's also an easy taxi ride to the big pedestrian shopping area. The rooms were clean, the beds fairly comfortable (even by western standards), the bathroom adequate, the AC quite good. Our windows did look out over the street, which is quite busy, so it wasn't the quietest room I've ever slept in, but I slept fine with earplugs and my brother slept fine without.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends