“Phenomenal ”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Everything was perfect from searing to dessert. Let's me start backward with a banana sorbet and a pote de chocolate. Shared among four of us as it was so good. The entrees are all Italian and are cooked to perfection. I had the salmon and was seated and seasoned perfectly. Wife had the eggplant and kids had the gnocchi. Each was as good as it could be.
Appetizers and martini menu is great and varied and I could make a meal of the appetizers alone.

Service is impeccable and water glasses never ran dry.

Easy parking and don't miss out on homemade sauces.

Wish I knew about the special. Pay by cash and get sauce and pasta for a meal at home.

Next time !!!!

Great place and wonderful service

2  Thank scott t
JCAsbury, Owner at RosaLuca's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you very much!!
Hope to see you real soon!

There are newer reviews for RosaLuca's Italian Bistro

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We decided to try this place after living in the area for 17 years. We were enticed by a great deal that we found on groupon along with the reviews posted on trip advisor. To say the least, we were VERY disappointed with our dining experience.
Our first impressions:
1. average aesthetics and ambiance (outdated but clean).
2. greeted by the owner who was warm and friendly
3. waitress was kind but was not sure of how the food was prepared
4. food selection on menu was limited with NO flexibility for starch substitutions (for example, I did not want the garlic hummus due to an allergy and asked for the mashed potatoes instead. I was told that the chef would not accommodate us unless we paid extra....REALLY???....I didn't realize that POTATOES, which were already prepared, were SO expensive, and I didn't realize that this was going to upset the chef...what about the notion that the CUSTOMER comes FIRST!!!!)
5. Our roasted beet and goat cheese appetizer salads were outrageous in price for the amount we were given. We've had much better elsewhere for 1/2 the cost.
6. They only had ONE salad dressing on the menu.
7. Our meals were the salmon for me and lasagna for my husband. Nothing to brag over. Were they good?.. YES, but again, we have had better in the local area for much less the cost with other venues very accommodating and sensitive to our palates and allergies.
We also asked for 2 sides (5 sprigs of asparagus and a couple of haricots verts at $9.95 EACH...OUTRAGEOUS....just sautéed, not grilled, no flavor!)
8. So in all, our bill came to $106.00 not including the tip.
9. WE WILL NOT GO BACK!!

1  Thank MICHJOHN2
JCAsbury, Manager at RosaLuca's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Good day, I've been wanting to respond to this review for awhile, and finally had the opportunity.

Customers dine with us for the simple comforts that we have established. Clean, warm and not too much fuss. They come for the service and the food. 18 years here at this location, we obviously are doing something right.
In this business, we cannot please everyone, although we try very hard to make folks happy.

In response to your garlic hummus, it is a garnish only. If you require a side of anything, it costs money, potatoes or not. And the chef, who is my husband, was not upset, it's simply the cost of doing business. By the look of your review and all the capital letters and explanation marks, you were more offended than anyone. We are sorry you felt that way. Incorporated in the cost of any item on our menu that you choose includes, but is not limited to:
All employee salaries and health benefits to prepare each dish and wash them when your finished. Insurance, taxes, electricity, heat and air condition, telephone and internet service, landscape maintenance and snow removal expenses. Cost of supplies like the linens, all paper and cleaning supplies, and we cannot forget simply the cost of quality grade A organic food. Which by the way, if you shop at any grocery store, you know $100 gets you near to nothing in your basket! And let's not forget the free bread (made by myself) and rosemary scented extra virgin olive oil given to you as a complimentary addition to dinner.
Those delicious little beets you were referring to and most greens comes from our 12 acre farm's greenhouses during the winter months. And let's not forget all the machinery, labor and materials that are involved in planting and harvesting those organic products. We grow everything we can during the season to provide our customers the best of the best!
Salad dressing: we offer 2 options, maybe you misread? White balsamic vinaigrette and Caesar dressing, both made in house from scratch, of course you could have asked for something special, but we do not recall your request.
Salmon and lasagna? Please do not compare us to other venues around! First off we do not serve farm raised salmon, only wild caught. Lasagna, while it's a simple dish in your mind here is how we do it: Fresh pasta is made to prepare the sheets, our sausage is made here on site from whole pork butts with absolutely no additives at all! Our marinara sauce is the end product of 8,000 organic tomato plants grown at our farm each year (sold at Union Squate Market in NYC year round as well) and the mozzarella? Oh the lovely whole milk mozzarella! Fresh handmade everyday by my hard working chefs. No one in this whole area is serving you this kind of dish, guaranteed!
Side dishes are not a couple of sprigs, that's misleading and an exaggeration, which are priced at $8.95.

So all of that came to $106, including the tip, and you used a Groupon? My oh my! I would say you got a bargain!

Overall, we are sorry your experience was not what you expected, you could have simply saved yourself of all the trouble of this crazy review and called me over to your table. I could have assisted in resolving any issues immediately.

For all of our friends in this crazy public business, keep doing what your doing and do it to the best ability you can!

At the end of the day, we are simply trying to put food on our own tables and take care of our families!

Reviewed 9 October 2016 via mobile

Real Italian food. Delicious. Plentiful. Family atmosphere with what appears to be family photos on the walls.

Try the fresh figs with Gorgonzola
And prosciutto. I could have stopped my meal there and been in heaven. I decided for linguini and little neck clams. Beautifully played with what had to be a dozen clams around the outside of the plate and more in with the pasta. Light broth that was perfectly suited to the pasta they was al dente.

Friendly attentive wait staff.
When you walk in the first thing that strikes you is the home made canned goods. Salsa. Sauces. Pickles. Jams. Wonderful selection and next time I have to pick some up.

I was stuffed by end. Se we selected desserts to go. Chocolate cake. Pumpkin cheese cake. Cannoli of course

Can't wait to try the chocolate cake we selected

Reviewed 5 October 2016 via mobile

I went to Rosa Lucas on Saturday for dinner and it was GREAT. I love farm to table and organic local produce etc . Especially that they have their own garden 12 miles down the road.
Fresh local trout was cooked perfectly. The side tomato salad tasted like it was picked that day! Everything was amazing and fresh. One of the best Caesar salads ever. Desserts looked wonderful but we were too full as nice size portions too.
Bringing my husband back tonight! Wow twice in one week it must be good!!!
BTW it's always a nice touch when the owner comes over to your table to check and see how your evening was. We told her excellent as well as our waitress I believe her name was Kim

1  Thank Melanie M
Reviewed 24 September 2016 via mobile

Defiantly having more of a romantic setting this little find has some very special cuisine hidden in its back roads of jersey. It's hard to tell when you get there that there's a restaurant inside, it's cozy and the lights will sometimes flicker which gives you the ambience of a very old time restaurant and meal. The food is to die for! Where to begin. The eggplant antipasto was fabulous and the fillet mignon was cooked to perfection. The salmon is perfect and the deserts are plentiful. If your lucky enough to be there in the fall you can try the pumpkin mousse. The service is 100 percent friendly and attentive. You have to eat here and making a reservation is a good idea. The place is slightly pricey but some things are worth paying for. I will be going back