“Wonderful dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Rosaluca's for dinner and used a Groupon, which we were delighted we had. I had a stuffed artichoke and eggplant rollatini appetizers. My husband had shrimp risotto, All dishes were wonderful. They also give you homemade bread to dip in Rosemary olive oil and you can even take homemade sauce home. They are definitely on the high side. So, we will definitely be back on a special occasion.

JCAsbury, Owner at RosaLuca's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you so much, glad you had a good experience!

There are newer reviews for RosaLuca's Italian Bistro

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

This is the best Italian restaurant in Hunterdon County. I eat here about once a month. I try to get something different every time and I've never had a bad meal. The food is always fresh and delicious. Very nice ambience. Some if my favorite things to get here are the oyster appetizers, pizzette appetizer, and linguini & clams in white sauce entree. They also have an amazing martini menu. This is really great --- if you spend $50 or more and pay in cash, they give you a free jar of their delicious homemade pasta sauce and a box of penne pasta.

Thank you !!!!!!!! Glad you had a great time!
See you soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We have passed this place many times usually early in the day but not around dinner time. I saw a Groupon and thought that it would be incentive to make plans to finally eat there.

I had made a reservation in advance which was good since the restaurant in not that large. They sell jarred homemade sauce which you will notice on your way in then the small bar area where you can wait for your table if it is not ready. We were quickly greeted by the owner who is kind of a large and in charge person and sat us relatively quickly ... not meant to be a negative.

Their fresh made bread was very good complete with a great hard crust exterior. They will bring you additional bread upon request. Suggest you ask!
We shared a flash fried calamari cornmeal crusted appetizer which came with a spicy tomato caper aioli ($14). I was not sure how I would like the sauce but was very impressed by it. The wine list is limited but you will find a wine to pair up with your meal. The Antinori Santa Christina 2014 ($48) was an overpriced low alcohol (12.5%) wine. So at $10 retail is was a rip-off but we needed to drink something. I must this dropped my overall rating from Five Stars to Four Roses.

The Pappardelle Bolognese ($25) - Delicate meat sauce of beef, pork & veal filet with manchego cheese (Spanish sheep cheese) was outstanding! The Halibut ($33) with potato chips and zucchini carrots lobster sauce was very good and the Grilled Prime Hand Cut Filet Mignon ($36) with fresh haricot verts (green beans), olive oil whipped potatoes, caramelized red onions in a red wine Jus was very good as well and cooked as ordered.

Thank you for your review. I'm the kind of large in charge person who seated you. Not sure why my physicality was part of your review, but in any case, it's the result of working hard long hours to provide a fabulous dining experience you described.
We are so pleased when diners are content and happy. Thanks for being our guests and hope to see you again soon.
Any further comments or questions can be emailed to us at:
rosalucasitalianbistro@gmail.com.

Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

Everything was perfect from searing to dessert. Let's me start backward with a banana sorbet and a pote de chocolate. Shared among four of us as it was so good. The entrees are all Italian and are cooked to perfection. I had the salmon and was seated and seasoned perfectly. Wife had the eggplant and kids had the gnocchi. Each was as good as it could be.
Appetizers and martini menu is great and varied and I could make a meal of the appetizers alone.

Service is impeccable and water glasses never ran dry.

Easy parking and don't miss out on homemade sauces.

Wish I knew about the special. Pay by cash and get sauce and pasta for a meal at home.

Next time !!!!

Great place and wonderful service

2  Thank scott t

Thank you very much!!
Hope to see you real soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2016

We decided to try this place after living in the area for 17 years. We were enticed by a great deal that we found on groupon along with the reviews posted on trip advisor. To say the least, we were VERY disappointed with our dining experience.
Our first impressions:
1. average aesthetics and ambiance (outdated but clean).
2. greeted by the owner who was warm and friendly
3. waitress was kind but was not sure of how the food was prepared
4. food selection on menu was limited with NO flexibility for starch substitutions (for example, I did not want the garlic hummus due to an allergy and asked for the mashed potatoes instead. I was told that the chef would not accommodate us unless we paid extra....REALLY???....I didn't realize that POTATOES, which were already prepared, were SO expensive, and I didn't realize that this was going to upset the chef...what about the notion that the CUSTOMER comes FIRST!!!!)
5. Our roasted beet and goat cheese appetizer salads were outrageous in price for the amount we were given. We've had much better elsewhere for 1/2 the cost.
6. They only had ONE salad dressing on the menu.
7. Our meals were the salmon for me and lasagna for my husband. Nothing to brag over. Were they good?.. YES, but again, we have had better in the local area for much less the cost with other venues very accommodating and sensitive to our palates and allergies.
We also asked for 2 sides (5 sprigs of asparagus and a couple of haricots verts at $9.95 EACH...OUTRAGEOUS....just sautéed, not grilled, no flavor!)
8. So in all, our bill came to $106.00 not including the tip.
9. WE WILL NOT GO BACK!!

1  Thank MICHJOHN2
JCAsbury, Manager at RosaLuca's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Good day, I've been wanting to respond to this review for awhile, and finally had the opportunity.

Customers dine with us for the simple comforts that we have established. Clean, warm and not too much fuss. They come for the service and the food. 18 years here at this location, we obviously are doing something right.
In this business, we cannot please everyone, although we try very hard to make folks happy.

In response to your garlic hummus, it is a garnish only. If you require a side of anything, it costs money, potatoes or not. And the chef, who is my husband, was not upset, it's simply the cost of doing business. By the look of your review and all the capital letters and explanation marks, you were more offended than anyone. We are sorry you felt that way. Incorporated in the cost of any item on our menu that you choose includes, but is not limited to:
All employee salaries and health benefits to prepare each dish and wash them when your finished. Insurance, taxes, electricity, heat and air condition, telephone and internet service, landscape maintenance and snow removal expenses. Cost of supplies like the linens, all paper and cleaning supplies, and we cannot forget simply the cost of quality grade A organic food. Which by the way, if you shop at any grocery store, you know $100 gets you near to nothing in your basket! And let's not forget the free bread (made by myself) and rosemary scented extra virgin olive oil given to you as a complimentary addition to dinner.
Those delicious little beets you were referring to and most greens comes from our 12 acre farm's greenhouses during the winter months. And let's not forget all the machinery, labor and materials that are involved in planting and harvesting those organic products. We grow everything we can during the season to provide our customers the best of the best!
Salad dressing: we offer 2 options, maybe you misread? White balsamic vinaigrette and Caesar dressing, both made in house from scratch, of course you could have asked for something special, but we do not recall your request.
Salmon and lasagna? Please do not compare us to other venues around! First off we do not serve farm raised salmon, only wild caught. Lasagna, while it's a simple dish in your mind here is how we do it: Fresh pasta is made to prepare the sheets, our sausage is made here on site from whole pork butts with absolutely no additives at all! Our marinara sauce is the end product of 8,000 organic tomato plants grown at our farm each year (sold at Union Squate Market in NYC year round as well) and the mozzarella? Oh the lovely whole milk mozzarella! Fresh handmade everyday by my hard working chefs. No one in this whole area is serving you this kind of dish, guaranteed!
Side dishes are not a couple of sprigs, that's misleading and an exaggeration, which are priced at $8.95.

So all of that came to $106, including the tip, and you used a Groupon? My oh my! I would say you got a bargain!

Overall, we are sorry your experience was not what you expected, you could have simply saved yourself of all the trouble of this crazy review and called me over to your table. I could have assisted in resolving any issues immediately.

For all of our friends in this crazy public business, keep doing what your doing and do it to the best ability you can!

At the end of the day, we are simply trying to put food on our own tables and take care of our families!