“Deserves more than 5 stars”
Review of RosaLuca's Italian Bistro - CLOSED

RosaLuca's Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2017

My husband and I were in for the saturday before Valentine's Day, in which we had called a reservation ahead of time (good idea since they were packed for our 6:00 reservation).

We each have visited RosaLuca's before with our newborn, and its nice to see that the whole place is very family friendly. For dinner we had the Trout with the potato and crab "hash", and it was the best piece of fish I've ever eaten around here, and that lemon butter sauce was to die for. My husband ate the "Veal Milanese", and it was prepared just the way my mother-in-law makes it, with the fresh tomato and mozzarella salad on top, and was great to take home and finish as a sandwich.

One of the biggest reasons we keep coming back is the small and noticeable touches the restaurant has to offer, like the hot water and lemon napkin after the finger foods like our Mussel app, and the little heart shaped chocolate to top our homemade mint gelato dessert. Keep it up, we are hungry :)

1  Thank Hannah B
JCAsbury, Owner at RosaLuca's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you so much fir your kind words!
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Great staff and meals. A bit on the expensive side but very autenthic and freshly made food. Great for special occasion.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Rosaluca's for dinner and used a Groupon, which we were delighted we had. I had a stuffed artichoke and eggplant rollatini appetizers. My husband had shrimp risotto, All dishes were wonderful. They also give you homemade bread to dip in Rosemary olive oil and you can even take homemade sauce home. They are definitely on the high side. So, we will definitely be back on a special occasion.

Thank you so much, glad you had a good experience!

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

This is the best Italian restaurant in Hunterdon County. I eat here about once a month. I try to get something different every time and I've never had a bad meal. The food is always fresh and delicious. Very nice ambience. Some if my favorite things to get here are the oyster appetizers, pizzette appetizer, and linguini & clams in white sauce entree. They also have an amazing martini menu. This is really great --- if you spend $50 or more and pay in cash, they give you a free jar of their delicious homemade pasta sauce and a box of penne pasta.

Thank you !!!!!!!! Glad you had a great time!
See you soon!

Reviewed 31 December 2016

We have passed this place many times usually early in the day but not around dinner time. I saw a Groupon and thought that it would be incentive to make plans to finally eat there.

I had made a reservation in advance which was good since the restaurant in not that large. They sell jarred homemade sauce which you will notice on your way in then the small bar area where you can wait for your table if it is not ready. We were quickly greeted by the owner who is kind of a large and in charge person and sat us relatively quickly ... not meant to be a negative.

Their fresh made bread was very good complete with a great hard crust exterior. They will bring you additional bread upon request. Suggest you ask!
We shared a flash fried calamari cornmeal crusted appetizer which came with a spicy tomato caper aioli ($14). I was not sure how I would like the sauce but was very impressed by it. The wine list is limited but you will find a wine to pair up with your meal. The Antinori Santa Christina 2014 ($48) was an overpriced low alcohol (12.5%) wine. So at $10 retail is was a rip-off but we needed to drink something. I must this dropped my overall rating from Five Stars to Four Roses.

The Pappardelle Bolognese ($25) - Delicate meat sauce of beef, pork & veal filet with manchego cheese (Spanish sheep cheese) was outstanding! The Halibut ($33) with potato chips and zucchini carrots lobster sauce was very good and the Grilled Prime Hand Cut Filet Mignon ($36) with fresh haricot verts (green beans), olive oil whipped potatoes, caramelized red onions in a red wine Jus was very good as well and cooked as ordered.

Thank you for your review. I'm the kind of large in charge person who seated you. Not sure why my physicality was part of your review, but in any case, it's the result of working hard long hours to provide a fabulous dining experience you described.
We are so pleased when diners are content and happy. Thanks for being our guests and hope to see you again soon.
Any further comments or questions can be emailed to us at:
rosalucasitalianbistro@gmail.com.