“Have to remember cash”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Not for he reasons that you think. They take plastic so no fear there. More about the cash later.

Service is top notch and very attentive

Food is delicious and authentic and homemade. Baked eggplant Cavatelli with sausage and broccoli rabe. Started with the oysters that were cold, opened perfectly and Brine and sweet. Cavatteli is al dente in a sauce that you may want to use the rest of the bread for that.

Now for the cash deal. At bottom of menu there was a special. Pay by cash and get a goody bag with the homemade sauce and imported pasta to bring home. Now if I could only remember to have cash to pay the bill.

2  Thank scott t
JCAsbury, Owner at RosaLuca's Italian Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Thank you for dining with us, so happy you enjoyed yourself!
In this world of plastic we have found it challenging to continue to operate with the continued rising cost of credit card fees.
Rather than roll those fees to you (NJ now allows businesses to tack on a "convenience fee") for the use of cards, we came up with a happy medium. It's a win win for all!
Enjoy another meal at home!
Hope to see you soon!

There are newer reviews for RosaLuca's Italian Bistro

Reviewed 23 February 2017

My husband and I were in for the saturday before Valentine's Day, in which we had called a reservation ahead of time (good idea since they were packed for our 6:00 reservation).

We each have visited RosaLuca's before with our newborn, and its nice to see that the whole place is very family friendly. For dinner we had the Trout with the potato and crab "hash", and it was the best piece of fish I've ever eaten around here, and that lemon butter sauce was to die for. My husband ate the "Veal Milanese", and it was prepared just the way my mother-in-law makes it, with the fresh tomato and mozzarella salad on top, and was great to take home and finish as a sandwich.

One of the biggest reasons we keep coming back is the small and noticeable touches the restaurant has to offer, like the hot water and lemon napkin after the finger foods like our Mussel app, and the little heart shaped chocolate to top our homemade mint gelato dessert. Keep it up, we are hungry :)

1  Thank Hannah B

Thank you so much fir your kind words!
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Great staff and meals. A bit on the expensive side but very autenthic and freshly made food. Great for special occasion.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

My husband and I went to Rosaluca's for dinner and used a Groupon, which we were delighted we had. I had a stuffed artichoke and eggplant rollatini appetizers. My husband had shrimp risotto, All dishes were wonderful. They also give you homemade bread to dip in Rosemary olive oil and you can even take homemade sauce home. They are definitely on the high side. So, we will definitely be back on a special occasion.

Thank you so much, glad you had a good experience!

Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

This is the best Italian restaurant in Hunterdon County. I eat here about once a month. I try to get something different every time and I've never had a bad meal. The food is always fresh and delicious. Very nice ambience. Some if my favorite things to get here are the oyster appetizers, pizzette appetizer, and linguini & clams in white sauce entree. They also have an amazing martini menu. This is really great --- if you spend $50 or more and pay in cash, they give you a free jar of their delicious homemade pasta sauce and a box of penne pasta.

Thank you !!!!!!!! Glad you had a great time!
See you soon!