All reviews front desk safe hotel clean rooms nice room excellent service nice area gm cop carnival passport humidity key country carnaval
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

I have been going to this hotel for several years now. The quality of service, attention to detail, variety of food, staff friendliness is top notch. The GM seems to live in the hotel because he is always there, keeping an eye on things, interacting with customers, asking if he could be of help. While the property has changed owner and operators over the years, there is consistent excellent service.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Diana S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Barranquilla Smartsuites Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Dear Guest,CarlosG.

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

It is always a great joy to know we went beyond your expectations. As a member of Nh Hotels Group our aim is to provide a memorable experience.

We are eager to have you back so we can keep on offering you the best of Barranquilla’s Spirit.

Have a great day.

Diana Saltarín Polo
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Had a great experience here. The staff was very friendly, professional, and accommodating. They helped me arrange transportation to my next city. The room was also very nice, modern, and clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Diana S, Director de Relaciones Públicas at NH Collection Barranquilla Smartsuites Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Dear Guest, Zach C

Thank you very much for your kind comments.

Have a great day.

Diana Saltarin Polo

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We booked a suite, but were told on arrival that our room was damaged and there were no other suites available. The room they gave us was dirty and the front and balcony doors were covered in spattered paint. The bed and pillows were not very comfortable. The wifi is hopeless so it is not an option if you need to work. The pool area is very dirty.

The hotel felt empty so the following day I looked online and saw they were advertising suites for the remainder of our stay. I can understand if the room we booked was not available for maintenance, but to offer nothing in compensation for reduced expectations was both disappointing and not up to the standard expected of a chain like the NH

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank skutch71
Diana S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Barranquilla Smartsuites Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Good Morning, Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We are very sorry that the experience with us was not the best. We are working to improve the Wi-Fi connection in the hotel and improve all our facilities so that all our guests receive the quality treatment that you deserve.
We hope to have you again with us and improve your experience and greet you personally.

Sincelery,
Diana Saltarín Polo

Reviewed 10 December 2017

The hotel is nice, I was not happy with the WiFI at all very poor connection. The reservations were wrong but they fixed them. I mean it was ok and I am going back this month.
the breakfast was good but that is all I ate there. The location for me was perfect. I did not like having to go back down to the desk every time I came back because my key would not work so they would have to program it every time which was extremely annoying

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
Diana S, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at NH Collection Barranquilla Smartsuites Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Dear Guest,Mr. David Allevato
Thank you very much for sharing your comments. I would like to apologize for the delay on the answer of your requirement. I am personally taking actions on this matter. I am terribly sorry for the inconvenient caused to you with your request.
No problema with the balcony room you have the same room in this oportunity.

I truly hope to have you with us on your next visit to the city.
Diana Saltarin

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Never again would I stay at this hotel. The only positive, as is common in Latin America, is the personnel. They all are truly wonderful. If you like hot showers, forget it. Rooms have a mildew odor. The laminate flooring in my room is peeled away. The outside hallway is bleak and dreary. There appear to be old cigarette burns from back in the day when smoking was allowed. The rooms are outdated, although flat screen tv is good. Internet could probably be beaten by a good carrier pigeon. Did a speed test on download time, it was .3, yes point three Mbs!!! I will say breakfast was adequate.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
SmartSuitesRoyal, Gerente at NH Collection Barranquilla Smartsuites Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Dear Guest,
First off all we want to thank you for your comments, for us it’s really important to have a feedback so we can improve our service with your recommendations.
We also want to apologize about the Wi-Fi problems, we are working on it in that floor.
Our major purpose is to work with dedication and commitment to guarantee an exceptional service for our guest.
We hope to have your visit again and give us a second chance to attend you as you deserve.

Mario Muvdi Chiari