“Simply Perfect”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Dinning room
2nd Bedroom Balcony
View to private balcony form 2nd Bdrm
Badroom 2nd bdrm (All are very similar)
Casa del Virrey entrance. Common area
Casa del Virrey common area
Dinning room
Cartagena Walld City
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

White Plains, New York
“Simply Perfect”
Reviewed 18 March 2016 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

What you see is what you get! The house is beautiful.
There were 9 of us, ranging in age from 8 to 80 (we were actually celebrating my mom's 80th birthday) and everyone was in awe. The location was perfect, we took a cab from the airport and he was able to find it without any problem. The complex where the house is in is also beautifully maintained. Upon arrival, we met Ana (the cook) and Katia (the housekeeper). Both were great. We highly recommend hiring Ana for the $25/ a day, she was amazing. Our 8 year old is very picky and she would cook his favorites separately. We normally had breakfast and dinner at the house, and everyday we looked forward to her fresh fruit juices and succulent dishes. We all still miss her cooking!
The pool in the house was just perfect to take a dip after a long hot day of sightseeing.
I really can't say anything bad about this house. Any problem we had, was quickly resolved.
This was the first time we ever rented a house and were a bit weary, but the whole process was very simple. The owner was always very prompt answering my e-mails and everything was as specified on the lease agreement. I received my deposit back within 10 days from our return.
Will do it again on a heartbeat.

Liked best: Everything!
Liked least: Having to leave
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
traveller...
CT
“Excellent Property”
Reviewed 2 February 2016 for a stay in January 2016
person found this review helpful

We had an excellent stay in this property. I'm not sure why there are not any recent reviews but the property is exceptional. Perfect location, wonderful housekeeper and cook, very nicely furnished and comfortable. You could not find a nicer property in Cartagena. Thank you Ivan.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Management Response
10 May 2016
Thank you for taking the time to write this review!!!!!
DNAscreen
Los Angeles, California
“I would do it again in a second”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 for a stay in February 2013
people found this review helpful

Its taken me forever to get around to writing this review and I feel guilty for not doing it sooner. I selected this rental because of the reviews here, so its time for me to give back. I am not a big review writer so I will keep this presentation brief. I would do it again in a second.,
PROS:
- Beautifully appointed and maintained property. I know quality, and this fits that bill. From the appliances to the faucets, every detail is upscale
-Perfectly central location. It is in the walled city and we walked to everything. Literally 1 block from the seaside of the wall.
-Perfect for groups, family or not. The rooms are separated with their own private in room bathrooms and the house is large.
-Detail oriented HONEST manager/owner. Rent with confidence. If i recall correctly, my deposit was returned in less than 48 hours.
-SAFE!! It is in a gated complex with 24 hour doormen.
-Courtyard pool and rooftop hottub! Nuff' said
-Hire the cook. We paid 25USD plus any food costs for what were easily the best meal and on call apps and snacks we had the entire trip
Listen, I could go on and on, but I wont. I an just very happy with how this wonderful property and no stress transaction augmented my trip in a positive way.

CONS:
-Had to eventually leave because our trip was over ;)

Have a great trip.
(I wouldn't recommend this place to a group coming to party hard until 6am at the unit. Its a nice quiet complex with a live in maid, who was fantastic. Great for families and adult groups who want a touch of class, charm and luxury for the South American trip.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The property feels new, its quiet, and very relaxing even for a group of 6
Liked least: Nothing to dislike. 3.5 levels so lots of steps if that's an issue for someone.
Travelling group: Extended Family
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
hjkur
New York City, New York
“Great weekend experience”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 for a stay in February 2014
people found this review helpful

We rented this apartment to celebrate a birthday. We were supposed to be 4 couples but ended up being 3 couples instead and we experienced a great weekend. In hindsight, 8 guests would have been a bit crowded for our taste.
The location of Casa del Virrey in the Old City was very practical, allowing us to walk everywhere in the Old City. Taxis are abundant to get anywhere outside the walking distance area.
Everybody was very pleased with Katia, the housekeeper and especially with Ana, the chef (for a little extra fee) who prepared amazing breakfasts and lunches (authentic Colombian style) after conferring with us on what we wish and did all the shopping accordingly.

How easy was key pickup/access to the property?
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing