“Excelent location, good decor!”

Hotel Casa del Curato
Ranked #90 of 159 Hotels in Cartagena
Reviewed 5 December 2017 via mobile

I stayed in Casa del Curato for 4 days. It has a great location! It is within the walled city and just a block from plaza Madrid, where we find many restaurant and shops.

The location is quiet and away from vendors and lousy crowds and close enough to night-life and good restaurants.

We stayed in a suite with balcony. The decoration lacked of style. It is austere; sort of cold for couples. It seem to us that needed more life. I think they could work better on room decor.

The swimming pool its very small but enough for us since we swim only for small periods.

The personal is attentive and helpful. The included breakfast is perfect for waking up in the morning.

Overall. Casa del Curato its a perfect spot in Cartagena to relax and discover the wonders of the walled city. However the rooms feel a little cold for a romantic weekend but nothing that can not be solve.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2017

We stayed for 3 nights and really enjoyed the friendly hospitality, yummy breakfast, clean, cool room. We didn't use the pool because our AC in our room worked great. We also booked a trip to a beach resort in Rosario and it was worth every penny ($50 / 160,000 pesos per person). Really fun boat ride to get there and a perfect place to swim and relax.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2017

Very quiet location. Pool could be kept up better- it wasn't the best pool. Breakfast was good. AC was amazing. Shower was not so great. always have a concierge on duty which you need to get in. They don't speak a lot of English so don't expect to get advice on things to do.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Lovely little hotel ,excellent location with lots of good places to eat nearby.the area around comes into its own when the sun goes down!i read other reviews prior to staying here ,I'm not sure what the whinging was about ,but I enjoyed my stay thoroughly.would I stay again yes.(and yes the staff are great)

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I had an excellent experience with my stay until I noticed $100 US dollars was stolen out of my bag. So for this alone I give them 1 star. So sad because I did enjoy my stay but ending my trip having money stolen ruined it. When we tried to talk to the front desk we got no where. So if you stay here don't leave anything you will miss in the room. As per other reviews now that I look theft is a problem here. Also no English speakers work at this hotel which can be an issue I did learn the more expensive hotels did have some workers who were English speakers.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple