Hotel Du Parc Royal(Medellin)
US$171
Hotels.com
Hotel Poblado Alejandria(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$97
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$42
  • Breakfast included
Saman Hostel Medellin(Medellin)(Great Value!)
US$37
Hotel Sites 45(Medellin)
US$127
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe executive loungeplatinum membernau loungeconcierge levelgeneral termsjuan pablotransport serviceoutstanding staffgreat englishrecommend this hotelbell hopfront desk staffpleasure of stayinghotel is beautifulroom servicethe entire staffa wonderful stay
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve travelled quite a bit in my life and as a Platinum Member at Marriott, I’ve been to many Marriott properties. I was so impressed by the Medellin Marriott. It’s a well designed and beautiful brand new hotel. My room was great and had an amazing view of the city. I had a few friends with me who were locals that had never seen this hotel and they said it was one of the nicest in Medellin!

I especially want to point out the Executive Lounge on the 11th floor where I spent a good amount of time relaxing and enjoying the food and drinks. They had a great selection of free wine and beer! Most notably, the service there was impeccable. Arnovis and Sulmy were so attentive getting me whatever I needed and ensuring I was taken care of at all times. Arnovis went above and beyond by teaching me Spanish when I was in the lounge! I had told him I wanted to learn and whenever I came to the lounge he taught me and ensured I repeated the right pronunciation back in Spanish. Who would have thought such an awesome cultural experience was available in the Executive Lounge in the Marriott!

Thanks to everyone at the Medellin Marriott for an amazing few days! I will be back for sure!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Luis B, Gerente at Medellin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

Dear Mr. Justin,
First, we want to thank you for your time sharing your experience in Marriott Medellin Hotel, we are more than glad to hear your wonderful comments.
We are very happy to know that our staff made your experience memorable, and that our facilities and services have contributed to your well-being, it will be a pleasure sharing your kind words with Arnovis and Sulmy.

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I am so happy of my choice. This is a wonderful very new hotel located in the residential and safe area of Poblado, surely the best area where to stay in Medellin.
This hotel could be almost perfect considering its standard, a pure 5 star business hotel, offering many amenities and a very attentive service at a launch price very competitive.
It is evident there are some slight things to be improved, something on the room service side, but for the price you can obtain a lot.
Firstly the rooms are wide, luminous, furnished with a design touch, confortable beds and very functional bathrooms. There is gym, a SPA and a small pool on the 4th floor and a main restaurant, The Market, where you can experience a delicious breakfast and also you can take a lunch or dinner with a wide range of well prepared international recipes. The service level as I said is generally great, with a real interest for the customer needs. The hotel offers also a good transport service managed by the efficient Marcella and his fantastic father, Alvaro, who is so happy to come with you offering a guide service together the driver, his son in law, Ramon. We have had in this way the opportunity to discover Medellin and the around places in a funny, honest and safe way with this party. At the end the new hotel has confirmed to be an high level option in Medellin with all potential to become a reference if it will continue to be managed in this way.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Luis B, Gerente at Medellin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

First, we want to thank you for your time sharing your experience in Medellin Marriott Hotel, we are more than glad to hear your wonderful comments.

We are very happy to know that our staff made your experience memorable, and that our facilities and services have contributed to your well-being, it will be a pleasure sharing your kind words.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

After being asked for recommendations, they were not acted on.

A manager and chef came up to look at the display (appearance) in the lounge and then left when a large group of guests arrived. This would have been a great time to observe their movements and the food most talked about and selected to help the servers have the food they will need based on demand. Manager had time to stand around and observe, the waiters do not.

- Breakfast
- Kiwi peeled with pieces of skin still on it. Kiwi itself was hard.
- Waiters were attentive.
- Manager came to breakfast area to get a coffee. He dropped a stack of 4 cups on the floor and placed them back in the same serving area.
- Please get the used plates off the tables. Better to take someone’s plate than to leave a table full of dirty plates.
- Air conditioning in an upgrade room didn’t work. Air blown from vent was nothing more than room temperature. This is a repeat issue at the Hotel.
Management should follow Marriott policy and lead by example in order to enhance the staff (many of whom don’t have previous Hotel experience) advancement.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Luis B, Gerente at Medellin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Thank you for sharing your comments with us following your recent stay at Medellin Marriott Hotel.
We appreciate your constructive feedback, your observations help us to find some improvement areas.
The service you describe is not the usual provided by our high standars. Please be sure that we will manage this situation with the management team involved in order to monitor and avoid this to happen again. We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, and to show you a better and excellent service.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 22 December 2017

This is an excellent hotel for both business and pleasure. It opened in November 2017 so everything was new, modern and clean. My room was big and had an amazing view. The staff was excellent - they all made me feel like a royalty/VIP. Breakfast was also amazing and the fitness room was great. Another important thing is that the wifi worked very well. I would definitely stay at Marriott Medellin again and recommend it to everybody.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view in one of the upper floors.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Luis B, Gerente at Medellin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

We are happy to hear your wonderful comments regarding your experience at our property.
Thanks for your time to share your review with us, and for your loyalty...

We are waiting for your next visit, it will be a pleasure welcoming you at your home!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 December 2017

The hotel is very new. Built to Marriott standards, nice rooms, nice views. In fact the only architectural error was to not have a restaurant on the top floor with such a view of the city! The staff was absolutely superb, especially in the restaurant where Carolina, Estefania and the others worked tirelessly to make you happy... Only black eye, was the pool closed a full day for routine maintenance (the day I wanted to use it!). That has to be done at night or in a couple hours at most.... Great stay thank you.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Luis B, Gerente at Medellin Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Thank you very much for your time and preference. We are more than glad to know that your experience at Medellin Marriott met your expectations.