“Food is good......service slow, Management - STUPID !”
Review of Mekong

Mekong
Ranked #274 of 2,004 Restaurants in Medellin
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I go here a lot since it opened. i live nearby and they seem to do a good job with their version of Thai dishes. But I will now go much less. When it first opened it was great. Now the portions are getting smaller and inconsistent , the service slow, and the management is just outright stupid !

Here's why - I ordered a green curry dish which was very good but as I said earlier, portions are getting smaller and inconsistent every time I go. Along with my dish a small plate with three slightly grilled 4" diameter soft flatbread arrived. It clearly was not enough to accompany the saucy dish - particularly if you were splitting dishes with someone. So I asked for more and another 3 small disks arrived. To my surprise, when I received my bill, I was charged the equivalent of two full large loaves of bread at the local Exito for my additional request.

Now, I travel extensively and eat in restaurants near every night. I am fairly certain I have never been charged for additional bread in any restaurant in the world ! Even the super delicious variety of spectacular warm fresh baked bread at Bobby Van's in Washington DC on 15th in front of the White House gives you another basket free !

When I politely questioned the charge the poor emabarresed waitress felt so bad she went to inform the manager of my question since the bread did amount to ONE THIRD of my curry entré that itself came with the first three 4 inch disks. In arrogant fashion the manager, an older woman, came over and basically said "you asked for additional" and walked away despite my informing her that no restaurant in the world that I know of charges for a tiny bit of extra bread. Management needs to understand it only takes one bad experience and you've lost the customer and the word gets around. My sister opened up most of the famous Legal Seafood restaurants and it always surprised me the effort she made managers make to please customers. But that is Legal Seafood - the best !

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (36)

Reviewed 26 May 2020 via mobile

We ordered to take out and the food was amazing delicious!! And the best is the quantity of the plates. Very abundant!!
Excellent option if you want to eat well in home!!
Highly recomended!!!

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 24 May 2020

I had the chicken Thai Red Curry and it was delicious. Spicy for Colombian tastes maybe but it was perfect for me. Rice was tasty too

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 28 March 2020

It´s corona quarantine time... so we couldn´t go, just ordered delivery. Delivery came on time and was a fantastic change of pace and flavor after having cooked in-house for the last two weeks. We ordered a curry, padthai, and spring rolls; all were good and enough for at least three people. Kudos for Mekong in these difficult times, order from them, help restaurants from dissapearing! Can´t wait to go to Mekong phisically.

Date of visit: March 2020
2  Thank X3654NYalanw
Reviewed 12 January 2020 via mobile

The grilled octopus and the chicken stir fry were both very tasty dishes, although the flavors were sweeter than what you’d expect from traditional Thai dishes. The ‘hot’ sauce offered was also more akin to a sriracha than a Thai chili sauce. Cocktails were great. The food was very good ... just not the flavor palate you’d get in a Soi.

Date of visit: January 2020