See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2016

What a wonderful place to relax after a week in Poblado. The rooms are comfortable and Mariano's the perfect host! If you're there on the weekend when he cooks breakfast you're in for a treat. Looking forward to coming back soon ~

Stayed: January 2016
Reviewed 25 December 2014

If you’re like me and enjoy off the beaten path locales I would highly recommend the Secret Buddha Hostel. Yes, it’s not in the center of town but that’s what makes it unique and special. The metro is simple to use and you always have friendly staff and locals ready and willing to help you find your way.

The hostel is quiet and the perfect place to relax and unwind after a long day in the busy chaotic streets of Medellin. The staff is friendly and always willing to help where they can. Mariano the owner is very friendly and extremely helpful.

My favorite area was the exquisite garden and outdoor seating area! If you’re an animal lover like me, you are going to love the two beautiful dogs that like to hang out in that area.

Overall I had a great stay here. Expect friendly staff, excellent service, spacious entertainment
rooms, clean rooms, and a peaceful retreat within Medellin.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank regbanana
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed here for one night, when we arrived cold wet and tired from a late flight to Medellin.
Although it was initially quite difficult to find, we were greeted warmly by Mariano, Anna and the lovely lady who worked there.
We were made to feel right at home, and pointed in direction of a local restaurant. We had a 7 bed dorm to ourselves, although if there was more people, there might have been an issue as no safe storage provided.

We woke to hot showers and a simple but tasty breakfast. In the daylight we were able to enjoy the lovely and peaceful gardens and enjoyed playing with their beautiful dogs.

The location didnt suit us as were thought it was closer to the city centre. It is however right on bus line to metro station and would be suitable for travellers seeking quiet and peaceful retreat.

Mariano the owner is very friendly and extremely helpful. Would highly recommend this friendly quiet retreat within medellin.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire F
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I love finding hidden little places when traipsing through big cities. However, Secret Buddha simply isn't worth the distance. The place is poorly managed and the rooms are tacky. The owner believes that the tacky room themes (including, but not limited to, awkwardly placed stuffed animals), are a bonus and something that sets the place apart. The truth is, it does not. The outdoor eating area is quite nice. The bathrooms could use some major improvement.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gkrupa30
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My stay at Secret Buddha was exceptional. After a long bus ride from Bogota all I wanted to do was rest. When I arrived late night I was greeted by Ceci, the wonderful lady that works there, she showed my bed, gave me a towel and was left to rest. This is the most warming welcome I have received at a hostel. When I woke up, you realize the place is out of this world, it is gorgeous with a mini forest outside, great art and two wonderful dogs. Mariano, the owner, is very helpful. I was running late for my flight and without any hesitation drove me to find a taxi, haggled a good price for the international airport that is almost 1 hr away and I was able to make my flight. The breakfast is amazing, the staff is great, and the showers are the best (HoT Water!). Recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo