All reviews rooftop bar cool hotel great gym fun hotel parque lleras amazing hotel bars and restaurants location was perfect night life mini bar light sleeper party area boutique hotel envy balcony allison noise
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay the Charlee. We stayed in the spice room which had a great outdoor patio with 2 chairs and a couch as well as a tempanyaki grill. The best part was the windows opened up for a beautiful breeze and it had AMAZING views of the city. The room was spacious, the bed was super comfy and they even had a “pillow menu”. Rain shower was also a great touch!

Hotel staff was helpful. There is a concierge that can help you find what to do and even booked our dinner reservations for us. The free breakfast was nice quality- small buffet of fruit and pastries, make your own omelette station as well as a menu that included pancakes a burrito, and a tipico breakfast.

We really liked the atmosphere at the hotel. It was very stylized, up to date had murals on every floor and a beautiful downstairs bar. The rooftop has a pool open until 5p, and the bar has incredible views of the city. Unfortunately on a Monday the upstairs was closed.

GREAT LOCATION!
It’s in the middle of Lleras so there are bars and restaurants next door, across the street and all around! So easy to walk to amazing restaurants, street food stands, parks, shops, and liquor stores.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Comentarios T, Gerente at The Charlee Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Dear mogata721
Thank you for taking the time to write a review in regards to your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and
Thank you for choosing us as your hosting place in Medellin. We are so glad you thought "We thoroughly enjoyed our stay."
looking forward to welcoming you back really soon!

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

This hotel has big beautiful rooms all of them have a “balcony” which is more like an indoor living room with a couch and chairs. It’s really nice because this hotel is located right in the heart of all the nightlife but if you want to turn in early just shut the doors and you have an added layer of soundproofing. Everything is hip and modern and there are even 6 different kinds of pillows for you to choose from.
Allison at the concierge desk is most helpful and immediately takes care of anything you might need. I had one slight issue in my room, when I called down to the front desk Daniel had it fixed in minutes.
Would definitely return.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Comentarios T, Gerente at The Charlee Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear kayb1104

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel! We are so happy to know you enjoyed our location, amenities, and most importantly the service we provide. Said, Allison and Daniel will be very excited to know you took the time to recognize them.
THank you for saying "Would definitely return".and recommend us.
We look forward to it!

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

This was.my first trip to South America and this hotel did not disappoint me. The views are magnificent from the high floors or roof top pool and restaurant. Service was so first rate.
My only minor complaint is our room had no real closets. There were draws to put clothes in, but little else to hang things up to dry or dewrinkle. Near lots of places to eat or shop.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Comentarios T, Gerente at The Charlee Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Thank you for sharing this point of view with all the community of tripadvisor.
It was a total pleasure for us to have attended your visit and read this comment that fills us with deep satisfaction, we are also full of desire to move forward with our spaces and our team. It would be a pleasure to have you back in our hotel and repeat your agadable visit.

Juan Carlos Rodríguez C.
General manager.

Reviewed 25 August 2018

I'll start by saying I never write reviews, but unfortunately I had such a poor overall experience with this place both during and after my stay that when I got the email requesting my feedback I couldn't resist.The Charlee wasn't all bad. It is a beautiful hotel in a great location, close to bars and restaurants in Parque Lleras. The amenities were excellent, including the gym and rooftop pool/bar.However, this is where the positives end. In addition to a lot of minor inconveniences and general poor attitude by the staff, I will highlight my 3 biggest issues from least to most frustrating.1. The hotel offers free breakfast for guests...awesome! Nope, of the 3 options they have on the menu (traditional Colombian breakfast, oat pancakes, breakfast burrito) they were out of two. The one thing they did have, the breakfast burrito, was nothing but egg whites and cheese in a tortilla (yes, I know what a burrito is, but this is a whole new level of bland, and I expect more from a luxury hotel)2. We were locked out of our room twice over a two night stay; once late in the evening when we wanted to go to bed and once after breakfast when we had to get ready to go on a tour. The front desk reset our keys but it didn't work and they had to send maintenance up. We waited 15-20 minutes for someone to show and another 15-20 minutes for them to fiddle with the lock before they were finally able to McGyver their way into the room.3. Now my final and most frustrating issue, which a week later hasn't been resolved. I called ahead to have a taxi pick us up from the airport and take us to the hotel. They requested that I fill out a form and send a copy of my passport and credit card....not ideal in my mind but I wanted to ensure I had a safe ride to the hotel. Upon check-out I had them charge a return airport transfer to my room and paid my bill, which included 2 airport transfers...fine right? Wrong, I later saw that they charged my card for a separate airport transfer from my initial request. When I called to resolve the issue I was told to send an email explaining the situation. I sent 3 emails over the past week, which included screenshots of my bill and credit card statements with the charges...no response. When I called back I was transferred twice (once to the restaurant) and was eventually told I would get a call back from reception in 15 minutes to resolve the issue. I never received a call...and at this point have concluded that they just don't care

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank alexmwolfe
Comentarios T, Manager at The Charlee Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Dear alexmwolfe
Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you
encountered during your stay. I deeply regret to read that you found this experience to be frustrating due to issues that should have been immediately addressed. We apologize your experience was not up to our usual standards. We will undoubtedly contact management and make them aware of the situation to ensure it does not reoccur in the future, and also we are right now responding your doubts about the extra charge in your bill.
Any doubt do not hesitate please contact us immediately or to our front desk manager.

We understand that you are hesitant to return based on this experience, though we hope to have another chance to impress you in a near future.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

While the Charlee's vibe, location and decor were great, it was the awesome staff that made our stay so wonderful. Special thanks to David Duque and Daniela Escodero at the front desk who were outstanding! They helped organize transport around the city, gave some great travel tips and area recommendations, and were kind, warm and friendly throughout out stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Kevin S
Comentarios T, Gerente at The Charlee Hotels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Dear kdsullivan91 Im glad to know you had a blissful time with us! Thank you for taking the time to tell us how our staff efforts to provide you a clean and comfortable experience have been successful. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory
We hope you come back for another pleasant stay soon!
Juan Carlos Rodríguez C.