All reviews bell hop short cab ride complimentary breakfast within walking distance restaurants bars late check parque lleras great hotel comfortable bed great view of the city poblado area hotel is located bathtub penthouse zone linens privacy
Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We have been staying at this hotel for the last 4 days and I am now compelled to write this review to warn any other guests who may be considering a stay here.

This is a new hotel with poorly trained staff. In the last 4 days, they have screwed up pretty much every kind of service a hotel is expected to provide - from losing our laundry, messing up food orders every time we tried to dine in, to showing zero empathy towards their guests.

The final straw for me has been the utter lack of response from the hotel when I requested help in procuring medicines for my wife, who came down with a flu bug late in the evening.

After calling the front desk multiple times with help in procuring a cough syrup, I finally headed down to the reception. Not only was the front desk manager (David) unhelpful but he was also rude and a total jerk.

I finally went to the kitchen myself and supervised the chef to prepare a ginger and honey tonic for her. In fact, I am typing this review on my phone while waiting in the kitchen.

I have never experienced such poor service and attitude at any hotel in the world in all my travels. This is certainly not the way we were going to start the new year.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Clientsupport, Gerente at Viaggio Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Please accept our apologies. We deeply regret that we did not fulfill your service expectations. We will continue on working with our teams to make it better every day. Thank you for sharing your experience and help us become a better company.

Reviewed 25 December 2017

The good:
Nice hall way decoration
Nice entrance
The urgent fixes:
Staff – there’s not enough staff on breakfast time, so food runs out, no one is keen to pour coffee, etc. Breakfast time is the worst thing in this hotel
Location – the hotel is far from any food or malls, so you’ll have to taxi everywhere. Walking is an option, but zone is not the most illuminated or safe to do so.
Not my first option for staying in Medellin…

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your comment. Please accept our apologies and we wish you had a pleasent trip back home.

Reviewed 29 November 2017

I am staying in Medellin for the first time for business. My partners in Colombia selected this hotel for me. My room is fresh and clean. Alll white and contemporary. The hotel has gorgeous views. The staff is so nice. It's a great location for getting to many neighborhoods in Medellin. I am please and will stay here again when I return.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a view. The food is quite good. The restaurant and bar is charming.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Clientsupport, Gerente at Viaggio Medellin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Thank you for your very kind note. we are very glad that you had a pleseant stay with us.
We certainly hope to see you soon in our hotel.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Checking in was easy
What a great find this hotel is
Location is secluded and pretty nice
Lobby is lovely
Dining area is superb and what a great view of the city from the big glass windows
Rooms are nice
Clean
Fresh and new
Gym was less than basic could not stop laughing they said the gym closes at 10pm but it’s only 2 running machines lol
Breakfast is pretty and staff are fun an absolute riot

Rooms were all booked as the same but we all got different size rooms
Corners rooms are the best

Last day the reception staff was quite frosty with a little attitude no need for it as we asked for some direction

What hotels need to realize is that you need to put warm staff on reception and keep the frosty ones in a time capsule only to be thawed in emergencies

Otherwise great stay
Great hotel
Happy travels

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank galactictraveler

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for your important recommendations on how to improve our hospitality. We will certainly work on this area. Hope you had a good trip back home.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

A very friendly and helpful staff, and an impeccably professional management, make staying at this hotel a wonderful experience. Our ultra-modern room (1207) was large, with a stunning view, super-comfortable mattress and linens. (A bit strange is the set-up of the bathroom which is separated from the room only by a thing sliding glass panel. This architectural design aspect does not take into account, that fellow travelers sharing a space might not always be at ease with so little privacy.) The breakfast buffet was standard of good quality and some variety. The location is about 7 minutes walk (or a very short cab ride) from the crowded and touristy nightlife disctrict around Parque Lleras / El Poblado. (There are many other good – better – dining choices for any imaginable type of cuisine all over the city, and yellow cabs to take you to any destination are available everywhere at all times, like buzzying bees; fares are metered and truly inexpensive. Hotel staff can also make recommendations for restaurants.) Staying at Hotel Viaggio was a pleasure. We recommend it and would certainly return ourselves.

Date of stay: October 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We would love that you could come back to our property and we are really glad that your stay was positive and memorable.