“Our new favorite brunch place in Asbury Park”

Cardinal Provisions
Ranked #18 of 123 Restaurants in Asbury Park
Reviewed 15 January 2017

We've been meaning to visit Cardinal Provisions since it opened, and the opportunity never presented itself. It did yesterday, and we're so glad. When you come through the door, there is a nice welcoming vibe. Decor was beautiful and beachy (We actually got some ideas for our home, which is just a few blocks away) Very inventive, creative menu. We had a hard time choosing. I don't usually like hash, because of the corned beef, but couldn't resist their Weird Hash: Sage sausage roasted cauliflower, home fries, sweet potatoes and fried kale. It came topped with a perfectly runny sunny egg that when pierced, lent its rich goodness to the dish. I opted to add some nice, soft avocado. A tiny bit of salt, and a dash of hot sauce, and it was perfect. I also had a side of marinated micro greens. The acidity in them was a nice balance. My wife raved about her Bubble and Squeak, a potato-vegetable pancake with sausage gravy, and my sister opted for a vegetarian Breakfast Burrito, with tempeh. I tasted it, and could have sworn there was ground beef in there. Warm, professional, friendly service provided by Kate, who really seemed to enjoy how much we were enjoying it! My only quibble, and it's just a quibble, is charging for coffee refills. I think it would be better to charge a little more for coffee, and offer free refills. And it's good to know that there are so many menu options that we can return frequently and not get the same dish twice.

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Our son in law told us to come and glad we did, and early 9 am it was packed, the coffee is roasted by a local guy there is charge for a refill, which i think the policy should change to half price.
the food is exceptionally good, i never had "spec" before it complimented the pico eggs and the french toast brioche is great, my husband did not like the sausage pattie, iparking is on the street feed the meters. childrens menu available.
would definitely recommend.A welcomed addition to asbury park lovely area

Reviewed 26 November 2016

I love this place. We have tried the breakfast many times. Love the pop up dinners that occur frequently. Very nice interior and great service. Love The location in Asbury Park. Keep up the great work !

Reviewed 9 November 2016

Everything bagel, beet infused cream cheese smoked salmon it was perfect
Had a nitrogen infused cold brew black iced coffee which was great.
Put me down for 2 Sunday's a month.

Reviewed 6 November 2016 via mobile

What a truly amazing spot. Yes. It's pretentious. Yes the ingredients are very hipster. I gotta say it lives up to the hype. Chicken and waffles... awesome. Coffee great. Little details like kitchshy salt and pepper shakers made this a great brunch spot. If you go to AP this is a must stop place