Decameron Aquarium
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Arena Blanca(San Andres)
  • Pool
Decameron Los Delfines(San Andres Island)
  • Beachfront
Hotel El Dorado(San Andres)
  • Pool
Hotel Lord Pierre(San Andres Island)
  • Pool
Cabanas El Recreo(Providencia Island)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Posada Villa De Santa Catalina(Providencia Island)
Excellent 5/5
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Portofino(San Andres)
3,286 results
All reviewsjohnny cayrocky caypublic beachla brujasan andresother hotelsa la cartelobby barrooms are smallthai restaurantrestaurant reservationsel patioscuba divewake up earlybeautiful seaspecialty restaurantstaxi driver
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

First of all. I came to the Aquarium 8 years ago and had a really good time. Fist the pros. The location. It is beautiful location with great views. Our room was a very good room. Seems little bit old but in good conditions. Great view of the ocean. People: here there is a problem as I have talk about two kind of people in the hotel. Those really oriented to the service and this not so much. People at the lobby are not that friendly compared to for example people at the bars. JUAN Carlos the Bartender when he knew it was my Bday he went to find me a cake. I'm sure it was he's iniciative so thank you Juan Carlos. The food is very bad. The snacks, it's better not to give anything and avoid serving that food. It looks low quality. Breakfast was good. The drinks seems not to be such good quality. Some times is not about quantity but quality if you are a 4 stars resort.
I have to give 3 points because it's an expensive resort and the food and drinks quality are far from a 4 stars resort.
You see very kind people but also not that kind. Juan Carlos and the animation team great.

Camilo Ortiz P

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank camilo o
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

As we landed I knew right away that this wasn't what we signed up for.

I never expected this island to be so behind, for lack of a better word. I won't go into detail, the people we met were all very welcoming and we felt safe. The views are amazing. The island itself needs work and I think we would go back to a different hotel.

The hotel, Very Disappointed. Needs to be totally renovated from top to bottom. Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed, like we were.

We booked through an agency. Because of that we were huddled into a large room with all the other poor souls who booked the same way. After almost 2 hours we finally got our room assignment. Very old, out dated and poor air conditioning. It was clean, that's the only good thing. Those who booked through the company website did not have to go through the check-in process we and most people have to.

Pool area, small for such a large hotel. Did not try it out, too small.

No beach, they have an area that you can swim in, no life guard.

Deck lounge, beautiful views, plenty of lounge chairs and a nearby bar.

No Beach on the property. You have to walk to the beach. BRING THOSE SHOES MADE FOR THE WATER, You will need them to get in and out of the water, lots of sea shells.....

Many restaurants, all good, well staffed.

All of the staff are very nice throughout the property..

Overall, we will give a different hotel a try and return to San Andres.....

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Traveled here with a group for a scuba diving trip. Resort is a comfortable size with everything being close by. Food was good, with a good selection. Al la carte's where ok, with the Thai being my favourite. Resort is very short walk to shops and restaurants. Resort could use some updates and upgrades but on the whole was very nice and very clean. Diving was great and would return again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel, my husband and 3 children and enjoyed our stay. The entertainment team at night was amazing wish they were there more during the day also. They are minimally occasionally in the afternoon but that's it. They really go all out in getting people to participate and it works! My daughter who is 8 years old, got up on stage and was trying to dance salsa and merengue then got a prize for her participation with another friend she had made by the pool. The swim up bar bar tender was always kind and helpful. We ate at the buffet which service was great they kept your table clear I do wish however they went more out of their way to bring you drinks so you didn't have to get them yourselves, I know it sounds lazy but with a family of five I ran around making the kids plates, my plate l, then I run back and forth to grab 5 drinks so by the time I sat and ate the kids were done and wanted to leave and get ice cream which they were offering outside by the patio. Maybe if once they saw a family sit at a table they took a drink order then allowed their guests to grab their plates it'll be helpful. The women at the omelette station knew my order in the am. She was very sweet. Checkin was as I suspected, kind of delayed and a pain but hey allowed us to use the facilities and restaurants etc until the room was ready, we were given two conjoined rooms which initially was nerve wracking for a mom of 3 but actually worked out quite nice to have the kids in a separate room. The rooms were definately clean. Very clean. They were not luxurious rooms but had everything u needed. My kids room had 2 full beds and a twin and my husband and I had 1 king bed. The plasma tv was updated, gorgeous views off the balcony and ice cold AC which scores high on my necessity list! The restaurants were all great, they do however need to think of a new system for booking reservations which as you've read in prior posts it's a pain to get in line at 7am to request a specific restaurant for that day or night and then be denied the request because there are only a 630 & 830 seating. We didn't care much about it anyways but someone who did this may be an issue. The kids loved the fact that the hotel is on the water and u can see fishes and crabs crawling up the sides of the rocks. My husband loved the location and that we could walk to the boulevard and public beach easily. That's was out nighttime ritual. Overall great experience, we would go back once we rebuild our savings acct that's depleted from getting a family of 5 over there!

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Nparz
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Mr. Miller is still the manager after 15 or 20 years and the place is still lovely.

Room 1303, We had another one but it was facing the pier which can get noisy. I have been coming to San Andres for over forty years and even on my first trip I stayed here. Oh and my air-conditioning and hot water were just fine.....

I have stayed at Marazul but found it too far from town and a few more mosquitoes.
It is a Decameron, so it is all inclusive and you can use some of other Decameron properties and restaurants (not Maryland which is being renovated or demolished, depending on who you speak too, and the new Isleno.)

The rooms are in pods mostly directly over the water. It is a rustic place. This isn't a Novotel but you have everything you need. The linen is sparkling white and the rooms and are very clean and yes now they even have flat screened TVs but... only one English TV chanel. Tell me did you come all this way to watch TV? Didn't think so...

There are four restaurants included at the hotel. My favorite is the El Patio (steak) and the Italian (shrimp risotto). New years Eve there was even Lobster on the buffet!! Now there is no doubt that the reservation system is a pain at 730am but if you come in with AirTransat they give you the first three reservations. We also got reservations as late as 230 by coming first thing in the afternoon. Lisbany is my favorite waitress in the garden of the buffet by building 13.

Guest services has a lot of nice people but my favorite is Zuelen. She is very helpful.
Drinks are fine and even the wine is drinkable.

San Andres is windy sometimes so bring some clothes pegs to hold your towel in place and the wind makes it feel cooler so something little warmer at night.
By way of general San Andres news.... keep you wits about you and especially in the golf carts stow your purses and such as guys on motorcycles could try to rip your purse away from you. keep your passport in the safe but make sure you have a photocopy of it on you whenever you leave the hotel.

Mario from Texoro (good place for Emeralds) opened a Reggae bar and restaurant and it is quite good and reasonably price.

Wifi - for goodness sake don't buy it from Decameron where it is slow and pathetic. All along the board walk there are free government sponsored Wifi stations. Plus Juan Valdez which is like Starbucks with better coffee offers free Wifi.

Victor on the beach in front of the Isleno is still giving massages (after 35-40 years) and just as good, with a real massage table. 1 Hour - $20 US

didn't find out if Marley is still at the Reggae Bar at the Marazul nor if Mario still does the boat to the island from the Marazul. Next time....

Room Tip: Make sure you don't face the Pool or the pier for a quiet visit
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple