“Dive course in Taganga”
Review of Taganga Dive Center - CLOSED

Taganga Dive Center
Reviewed 1 March 2013

I just completed the dive course in Taganga dive and I strongly recommend it. why? My idea was to do the Open water course but I enjoyed so much and the people were so nice that we ended up doing the Advanced Open water course. We did the course with Chopper and we recommend him. why? because it is a nice guy and very professional when it is needed. We met other instructors, Carlos and Cali and both seemed very good as well. The people working there (non-instructors) are also friendly making you fell being in a cosy/familiar environment. Another important factor is the good price.

Thanks Taganga Dive for the fun!

2  Thank Francisco M

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I just finished a three day open water PADI course. I was really impressed with the professional staff and great equipment.

You start of Ruth watching the video, a bit booring after a while but you'll notice that it will come in handy the next day!
First day we were a bigger group, some people where going on a day trip. I was worried fokus would change and maybe the quality of learning. I was glad when that wasn't the case. The diving theachers, Chopper, Cali and Carlos always help and looked after us.

The second day was a lot of exercises...it was tough but Chopper made sure not only that we would do the exercises necessary but that we really learn them. With a teacher like Chopper I always felt safe and I really felt comfortable doing the exercises. Whenever something was more difficult he explaned what you can do to make it easier. He is really experienced so he knows :)
After the second day he even stayed and helped us with the last chapters before we did an quiz and when we felt ready we did the final test.

The third day was more relaxed and we got to enjoy our new skills and felt more and more comfortable so we could just enjoy the environment. When it comes to the animals you see, we saw lots of colorful fishes and a seahorse but nothing more exiting than that. This doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing. You can fokus on learning and maybe dive somewhere else for the exiting animals? :)

One thing that we really appreciated was that they took pictures under water and at the end of the course you got them all if you just had a USB. Chopper which was our teacher went beyond and took some amazing photos, he really got an eye for that. At one time he was actually standing on his head under water to get the picture :)

I really would recommend this diving center to anyone who is thinking about taking a course. It's good value for your money (one of the cheepest in the world). We did the course for 520 000 COP, not high season though. There are many diving centers in town, but this one just felt honest...and what they said we will get..we got!!

3  Thank nummerfem
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We took an open water dive course padi for three days. The owner felt reliable and he gave us a good offer at a good price. The other dive centers sounded good aswell since we spoke to everyone but taganga dive center felt more reliable and a bit less crowded. Good quality in small scale and not too big groups.
We were very satisfied with the staff. The were friendly helpfull and also good ibstructors with good experience. We had a dive instructor called Chopper who were really good and he made us fell completely safe. He was thorough and efficient in his ways of teaching. Not only in the water but also with theory. Two other instructors called carlos and cali was also there and they were as professional and helpful as chopper.
The gear was good and you got snacks and water whenever you wanted. included in the price was also great underwater pictures from every dive during the days.

I would definetly recomend this dive center. i learned diving in a secure and safe way and the staff were very good.

1  Thank dartultras
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Great service, realy profesional divemasters, instructors and boat captain and customers service. For the people that want the best to no expensive cost.

2  Thank Claudio K
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Best agency to go to the fantastic diving experience with! Best service in town, plus everybody speaks good english. Very helpful and friendly!

2  Thank Robin S