Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center
Hotel Casa Amani(Santa Marta)
US$112
US$84
US$85
US$67
US$58
US$89
  • Breakfast included
La Guaca Hostel(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$28
US$52
  • Breakfast included
Calle 11 Hostel Santa Marta(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$38
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
Playa del Ritmo, Beach Hostel & Bar(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$40
  • Beachfront
Cacao Hostel(Santa Marta)(Great Value!)
US$28
  • Pool
US$213
US$207
All reviewspool bar isjean paulbuffet breakfastkids poolthe breakfast arearecommend this hotelexcellent hotelloved this hotelthe hotel staffjunior suiteel rodaderoprivate beachair conditionervendorspoolstaxibeaches
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I was with my girlfriend for 4 days. I loved this hotel because it was comfortable and the staff were excellent. The bedroom was comfortable, peaceful and clean. The restaurant had a good menu and enough variety of food. I liked the private beach inside the hotel.
I'd like come back, i enjoyed that experience.
The only inconvenience was than it is a little expensive.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Hoteles_Estelar, General Manager at Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Mr. Cristian.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the hotel, for us it is very important to know your opinion.
We hope to return to continue to serve you with the warm and efficient service that has characterized us, being better every day.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We went with my wife and kids, we really enjoy it. The food and the attention was wonderful. The distance between the room and the beach is very close and the swimming pool for kids is ok. Can improve in the maintenance of the room.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Hoteles_Estelar, Manager at Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

Dear Mr. Andres, cordial greetings. Thank you for sharing your experience after your recent stay with us. We are glad to see that every aspect of your stay was positively valued.
We hope to return to continue to serve you with the warm and effective service that has characterized us.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Came here as guest of my brother in law, and knew this hotel would be located by the beach, but did not expect our cabin to be literally on the beach! Location did not disappoint, and coming off the back of UK snowfall and ice, I was in heaven. Weather was sublime, beach nearly empty, and beach husslers were discreet and actually convenient ( cold beer etc) rather than a nuisance. Had buffet breakfast which was excellent and paid for late lunch buffet feast also - this option not cheap ( especially local prices) but if you do this and keep evening eating to a minimum, local style, well worth it. Enjoyed day trips from hotel to Tayrona ( stunning!) and Santa Marta town , but was equally happy lounging around at the resort with extended family including young kids. I have stayed at more upmarket hotels and ones with better service and standard of rooms ( these are basic) but will give this a 5 purely because of the location . What are you doing in a room , apart from sleeping, with a view/ location like this? Unforgettable

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Hoteles_Estelar, Manager at Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Mr. Paul. Dear Sir, first of all thank you for the time you spent giving us to know in detail your excellent comments about the service and the facilities of the hotel.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

If you are hungry I don't recommend eating at their restaurant. It literally took an hour just to get a soup as an appetizer. Also, everything closes really early the pool closes at 730 and the bar at 9.

1  Thank Ruby S

Mrs. Ruby, cordial greeting, Thank you for taking the time to send us the comments about your stay. In addition, I hereby declare that I have taken careful note of what you mentioned and will review with the Food and Beverages Manager to extend the schedules of our bar and restaurante, also to monitor the orders time.

We wait for you back to continue serving you with the warm and efficient service that has characterized us, being better every day.

Francisco José Coronado
Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We just returned from a nine day stay at the Santamar. Not our first, definitely not our last! This is a great hotel for many reasons, and it is ideally located right on a long, beautiful beach. There are two medium-sized pools, a jacuzzi, and a kids’ pool.

The room: we had a Junior Suite, which was worth the few extra bucks. Staying with a four month old baby (they provided a fine crib free of charge) and a four year old who slept in the extra bed (comfortable, not a sofa bed, a REAL bed) made the extra space worthwhile. We (my wife and I) were in our own room within the suite with a closeable door. There is a fridge, a single bathroom with hot water most of the time, two comfortable, soft chairs, and a wide wooden table. Outside the room, the suite shares a three-person couch and hammock with another suite. We never saw the guests from the other room, they didn’t use the balcony/terrace at all. The master bed left a lot to be desired. It was actually two beds pushed together with a single mattress. The mattress was soft and sunken in. Not the hotel’s best feature. Overall, the large size, extra furniture, and ample closet space made the room very comfortable.

Food: the breakfast buffet is quite varied: three kinds of eggs (but not egg whites, which I prefer and they charge extra for – strange for a hotel of this category and price range in my opinion), several kinds of fresh fruits, hams, cheeses, cereals, multiple bread options, several other hot dishes, soup/caldo every day, and excellent service. The space where the breakfast is served has an inside and outside option. The inside option is closer, but it is pleasant to sit outside. Just don’t leave your food on the table unattended for a minute, as the birds will swoop down and grab some. Also, there are several cats that live near the breakfast area. I spoke to the manager about them, but she indicated, which I understand, that they are difficult to get rid of. The lunch and dinner food options are delicious, but the portions are small for the VERY high prices. (29.000 peso chicken breast, 50.000 pesos prawns, etc.) Our son enjoyed the salchipapa, we savored chicken, fish, and meat dishes with tasty appetizers.

We ate at the hotel some days for lunch until we discovered a great middle eastern restaurant on the beach next door. We ate there every day once we found it. Also, there is a Greek restaurant in El Rodadero that delivers, Pame Na Fame. I will write a separate review about this spot, but I will mention that it has some of the best food I have had in YEARS.

Activities: there are well-organized, wonderful activities for kids. They range from pizza-making to painting to a foosball tournament to a scavenger hunt around the hotel. Mari and the other organizers rock. After the first day, my son went to the board every day to see what was in store, anxious to enjoy the days’ offerings. One day, they even had a 4pm pajama party in the convention center with pillows in a giant room. They also have live music, bingo and other events for adults. Very nice value added.

The beach: there is private security, subtle but present. This is a really nice addition. Although the vendors are not over-the-top like in some spots on the coast, there are several. And I felt fine leaving our belongings, including a backpack with camera inside, unattended on the beach. Not foolhardy, just saw and felt and knew that it was safe. The sea is calm, there is ample space to walk, build sandcastles, and they have a wide (maybe 150 meters) swimming area roped off. As a swimmer, I appreciate that I could do long laps in a safe space. There were some cool activities offered that we took advantage of, including the banana boat (10.000 a person) and surf lessons for my son (on a boogie board with a charismatic instructor, Juan de Dios, 20.000 a half hour class.) We spent most of our time at the beach, and they offer many thatched huts with lounge chairs. We were always able to get a spot, although it is a good idea to put your towels down early.

There is also a game room with ping pong, foosball, billiards, and several board games on offer. There is an on-site spa that my wife took advantage of on a couple of occasions. Fine, nothing special, but VERY convenient. The hotel is a 7 minute taxi ride (8.000 pesos) from El Rodadero, but it is not close to anything else. This was fine with us, we enjoyed nine days without needing alternative entertainment.

The staff is EXTREMELY helpful, and it is a shame they are needed so often. The room keys don’t work well, a perfect example of technology NOT making life easier, but more difficult. I would love an old style metal key. Instead, the electronic keys need to be re-coded about every third entry, which is a drag. That said, from changing the key to ordering a taxi to storing our luggage, the hotel staff, especially Lina, Iliana, and Jean Paul, are AWESOME.

We had a flight change, and despite the hotel being full and requiring us to check out at 1pm, by 3pm they got us into a smaller room to feed the baby, shower, and relax comfortably until leaving for the airport at 8pm. This made a huge difference, especially with small children. They care about their guests’ welfare.

We already are making arrangements to return next year at the same time. Thank you for a great family vacation!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Hoteles_Estelar, Manager at Estelar Santamar Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Mr. Solabares. Dear Sir, first of all thank you for the time you spent giving us to know in detail your excellent comments about the service and the facilities of the hotel.