“BEDBUGS and "MGR is NEVER THERE"”

Knights Inn Atlantic City/near Boardwalk
Ranked #31 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Norfolk, Virginia
“BEDBUGS and "MGR is NEVER THERE"”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

BEDBUGS! Rude Employees, and crappy management make this a great hotel to steer clear of. I just stayed there on Saturday, August 13th, and after midnight noticed something on my pillow. It was a bedbug. Once management was told, (and brought two bedbugs that I had killed) in a plastic cup, they told us they could not give us a refund because we booked through priceline and we would have to go through them. After calling priceline, they called the hotel and the hotel told them that there are no bedbugs there. Priceline spoke with the manager. I called the hotel myself right after that, and asked to speak to the manager. The guy told me he was not there. When I told him that the customer care specialist from priceline just talked to him less than five minutes ago, he told me that he had stepped out. They refuse to give me the number and I have yet to see or hear from this "manager". Even on the day we were there, the guy who at first said he was the manager then told us the manager was not there and took our number and said he would call in a few days.. Never got that call! Now when I call back, they just say he's not there, when I can clearly here someone speaking loudly in a different language right by the phone. We have spoken with travelodge corporate and they seemed to be helpful, but we will see how this turns out. I even got video of the bedbugs crawling on the bed, so there is not much that they can deny, but regardless of the price, DONT STAY HERE! (Atlantic City Dept of Health is supposed to be out to inspect the place tomorrow per my request).

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you want your personal things infested with bedbugs...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
11 Thank Ben H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Just like the song "Hotel California". "You can check out anytime you want .... but you can NEVER leave ........ "

Extremely rude front desk staff. Dirty, smelly room. Bathroom out of Hollywood set for seedy motel. Prostitutes. Double-parked cars (we got "trapped" for almost one hour while front desk staff tried to find offending guest) who eventually came out of his room disgusted at being disturbed. Then got more bad-attitude from older Front Desk Man. His reply when I told him we were unable to leave when we needed to .... a smug "check out time is 11:00". I couldn't believe he said that to me, when it was Hotel Staff fault for allowing other car to double park. We tried to depart at 0900, and eventually found car-owner who double parked at 10:15. Bottom Line: Don't stay here ... the only thing they have is location, and you are better off staying somewhere else. I wish I had read these reviews prior to staying here. NEVER AGAIN. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER. Just plain gross. We paid over $250.00 for Saturday night stay (in season -- JULY) . Complete rip-off. Oh, did I mention the prostitutes .......

Room Tip: Rooms are disgusting.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank travelmom1234

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Deciding last minute to head South for the weekend, my boyfriend and I came upon this motel on hotels.com. Amazingly enough - and completey contradictory to every review on tripadvisor.com - every review was above three starts. I should have read the reviews on tripadvisor first.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank akacicz
Hadley, New York
Reviewed 20 April 2011

disscusting, worst room ever stayed in ,my so called friend booked it then it cost me 200 dollars,we didnt take a shower we were afraid to,pillow cases were bad,stains on the LAMP SHADES !!!!!!!! people yelling all night,no coffee for the morning, it really should be shut down.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank libbymax
NJ
Reviewed 19 September 2010

I had the pleaseure of bringing kids to ac for a concert book the room a few days before and off we went oh boy the first room room 131 had strong cat urin smell coming out of it when we opened the door and the place really looked bad the black out curtains were full of holes and the room was just very shabby. the second room 120 had holes in the wall instead and the beds when i lifted them look like that there might be a bed bug problem the bed also had cigarette burns on it and stains. we are not upper crust just a blue collar family,but this hotel in my opinion should be investigated by the board of health it has obvious signs of being a hazzard to someones health! please due yourself and love ones a favor and stay away! oh i did not stay thank goodness I could drive back home late and very tired but I drove home!!!! I was lucky I could do that or pay more money for another hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family