“I should have got what my wife ordered!!”

Angelo's Fairmount Tavern
Ranked #23 of 413 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2017

I forgot what Angelo's Fairmount Tavern is noted for. My wife ordered the Lobster Ravioli and I ordered the Veal Parm. Though my veal was great; my wife's lobster ravioli was nothing less than greatest ravioli I ever tasted. My wife said that she had gotten about 10 "large" raviolis stuffed with lobster meat. In the center of her plate was a small lobster out of its shell and lump crab meat. I told her that the next time we stop by Angelos that she has to remember the Lobster Ravioli. We try to visit Angelos restaurant each Fall. It is our mainstay.

1  Thank cherokee58

Reviewed 3 October 2017

A delightful italian restaurant in the heart of Atlantic City. We eat here at least twice a year and the food is always good. Its an authentic italian restaurant where the food satisfys the tummy and the celebrity pictures on the wall make for good conversation.

I always eat italian here but several of my fronts have enjoyed the seafood. Their selection of wine always makes me happy. The bread is perfect but be quick to get a sesame roll which are my fav! Eating alone, have a seat at the long bar and the best bartenders will serve you. They can accommodate large parties as well. They take reservations and on busy nights I suggest them.

The offer free parking in their lot behind the building but its not big and there is no guarantee of a spot. the restaurant is located at the end of the expressway and directly across from the outlets.

CONS: Pass on the eggplant parm as it is always just a bit too greasy.
PRO: Ask for the wine list, their prices on full bottles are great!

1  Thank VegasFellow
Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

Walk right onto the scene of the movie set into a quaint Italian family restaurant in the Northeast. Complete with wood paneling and a bar where the locals hang out. It feels like Dean Martin or Sinatra might walk in at any moment.

Every dish I have had here is excellent, just like my grandmother’s cooking. Maybe better.

The Fra Divola a la Mare (I think that’s the name) was more than a meal of great seafood. Not over cooked in a delicious spicy sauce. The wine selection has great Italian wines.

For desert I had my childhood favorite ice cream, spumoni.

On my other visits I have enjoyed every pasta dish and was very pleased and that’s not always easy.

I have not tried the large meat dishes yet as I prefer pasta.

1  Thank Jim F
Reviewed 22 September 2017

My husband and I live in Phila and frequently eat in South Philly (the Italian area). Dinner at Angelo's was equal to if not better than dinners in the best Italian restaurants in South Philly. Our meals were authentic southern Italian cuisine. Pasta was "al dente" and the sauce was superb. Service was incredibly prompt and friendly. Wait staff knew exactly what we needed when we needed it without hovering. Portions are large and I had to take a "doggie bag" home since I wanted dessert. We both had the Italian rum cake which again was equal to or better than those at Termini Brothers bakery in Phila. While the meal was a bit pricey, it was definitely worth it. We are planning to eat there again in the near future. P.S. - it is Zaggat rated for the past 10 years.

1  Thank Jacqueline T
Reviewed 20 September 2017

So, I was in AC for a business trip and on the way into AC the shuttle driver (who had a very good knowledge of AC) was telling me about different places to check out. I told him that I was going to Carmine's for a dinner and he said if you really like Italian, you have to go to Angelo's Fairmount Tavern. So, I went there and the service was okay - the one waiter was mildly friendly and the waitress (that was working with him) had the worst attitude and customer service mentality that I have experienced in a long time. We started with salads and it was pale lettuce with some watered-down Italian dressing - which was okay. I ordered the Lobster Ravioli (which was on their special of the day menu) and which came with a lobster tail (for $33). The ravioli itself was pretty good (not the best and not sure it was worth $33) and the lobster tail was the toughest, chewiest and least enjoyable lobster tail that I have ever had - I couldn't even cut it with a steak knife. When the waitress came by, I told her the Ravioli was pretty good but that the lobster tail was terrible and I couldn't even cut it or chew it. Now, most wait-staff would have apologized profusely and make some sort of offer of compensation or making it right - but this woman did not utter one single word, not one sorry or anything. About 5 minutes later she came by with the check and said, "I took the lobster tail off the bill". Well, they took $8 off the bills - so I guess the lobster ravioli cost $25, really??!! Anyway, at this point, I was so done with Angelo's that we just paid and left - not even a manager (or someone who gave a damn) was around to ask how things were. So, needless to say, I will not only never come back here but would highly discourage anyone from spending their time or money at Angelo's Fairmount Tavern, in a word, disappointing!!

2  Thank Irishdoc1