“Fantastic Seafood / Good Value”

Dock's Oyster House
Reserve with OpenTable
Dock's Oyster House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 406 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Georgia Avenue
Reviewed 2 June 2016

This recently refurbished seafood landmark is a fantastic value and serves great seafood. I started with the Steamed clams. About 18 little necks arrived in a broth of tomato, wine, peppers, onions and garlic. The sauce was slightly hot but delicious. I used the provided bread to eat as much of it as I could. ($12) My entree was Pan Sauteed Crab Cakes. Two, good sized, crab cakes were served in a roasted pepper sauce with a large portion of steamed zucchini and summer vegetables. ($26) The crab cakes were lightly breaded and mostly pieces of lump crab mixed with a few peppers. The crab is what I tasted which is the way I like crab cakes. No fillers or excess additives. My wife had a bowl of Maine Clam Chowder. ($8.50) This surprised us. It wasn't your traditional heavy thick chowder but a thinner chowder with rich flavor. The soup had 6 Little Necks still in the shell. It was different but in a very good way. She loved it and from the few spoons I had I like it too. Her entree was Crabmeat Au Gratin. ($28) This dish consisted of large pieces of Lump crab meat mixed with a cream sauce made with cream and three types of cheese. I meant to ask what the cheeses were but forgot. One was definitely a cheddar. The dish arrived in a standard gratin dish filled to the top with crab and a smooth, deliciously hot, creamy concoction of crab and cheesy goodness. We asked for a house Cabernet but had to settle for a red blend which wasn't bad. ($14) Dessert was Creme Brulee ($6.50) and coffee ($1.95)
All in all I was very satisfied with the food and the service, our waiters name was Daniel. I would highly recommend this fine Seafood Restaurant and I will be back next time I'm in AC.

3  Thank 735kevink

Reviewed 28 May 2016

The food was delicious! We went there during restaurant week which was mega crowded. Line out the door, couldn't even get to the bar. But the food & service were great!

Reviewed 26 May 2016

This place is one of the only fine dining restaurants in the area that is not in a casino . Its really the only high end seafood place around.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

great atmosphere, food was fresh and it was just delightful to be at Docks...perfect place for family or just couples to enjoy a wonderful time at Atlantic City

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I was never an oyster eater until having them at Docks. A very good friend convinced me to try several from different areas and I am so thankful he did. They were wonderful and just the appetizers. The chowder and meal were incredible but my highlight were the oysters.