“Bally's Claridge Tower - Ruby Room”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Afton, NY
“Bally's Claridge Tower - Ruby Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

My husband and I went to Bally's for a get-away. We arrived on Sunday at 2:30 p.m. and waited in the check-in line for about 25 minutes. The person who helped us was very pleasant. We had a comp room, $13 a night tax. I made the reservations about two months in advance and got exactly what I asked for, a non-smoking, king room. We were given the Ruby Room. It was a corner room on the 18th floor. It looked just like the picture on the website. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable and best of all, we had a beautiful oceanfront view from the front window and could see the bay and part of the city from the side window. When we arrived in the room, there was no TV remote and the TV would not turn on using the button; I called the front desk and the maintenance guy was there within 15 minutes. Nice, big flat screen TV. The bathroom was quite small, but adequate.

We ate at the Virginia City Buffet. It was $47, but there was a great variety of food and everything we tried was delicious. Our server was very nice. We both had good luck at the slot machines. It's a shame that so much of the Wild Wild West casino has shut down.

The location of Bally's is excellent. I was very nervous after reading so many horrible reviews...maybe we just got lucky, but I wanted to let everyone know that it's not all horrible. Overall, we had a great time and will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask if an oceanfront room is available. The view was spectacular.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beach_Lover_13730

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,114)
  • Korean first
AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

After reading other reviews, I thought "How Bad Could it Really Be?...Well They were pretty much on the money!.."Comped" rooms and specials..(Mine was $69.00 on Sun.- Mon. Nights) are pushed to Claridge Tower..."All others are booked up" for that price!" they say... The next morning after 2 hrs sleep due to PAPER THIN WALLS and One in. gap under room door, allowed passersby and people in next room (Low life trash) to be heard all night!..Upgrade to Dennis Tower next morning was far from an upgrade.. but at least we could sleep!..Limited view also..Poker Slots were tight for both nights...But expected more...Buffet was decent..butask about the "Fine Print" at total rewards bookin"..Ihr. game play must be before 8:00 p.m.(cut off at 9:00 p.m. ) and they allowed transients in.. I realize they have to eat too.. but wonder if someone bought them tickets, and ate somewhere else..be thereabout 6;30 to avoid hr, long lines..Would not go back for "Comped Rooms".. which were just sent in mail...

Room Tip: Didn't stay at the Bally Tower...But doubt whether it's worth the price...(Depends on what d...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chip09

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

My husband and I stayed at Bally's on a Sunday night, since we were already in town. I tried to get room service for a late nite snack and phone just rang. I tried again in the morning and had t call front desk so that they could page room service staff. When I finally ordered a simple fruit platter, the fruit was wilted and discolored , yogurt I was scared to touch and my muffin was so stale it fell apart.Never Never Ever will Stay there again.Oh, and by the way We were charged $15.00 for this crap of food..

Room Tip: Do not stay at ballys
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank chris r
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We live close to A.C. so we come here about once every couple of month, and we usually stay one to two nights at Bally's, Caesars or Showboat (part of Caesars Entertainment group)

Bally has several "level" of rooms - classic, Luxury, and Premium. The Classic rooms are in the old Claridge Hotel. The hallways are narrow and poorly lit, the rooms are furnished with faux leather (e.g. plastic) sofa/chairs, with just the essentials. For a little more you can get the Luxury rooms in the Dennis Tower, which aret nicer. Premium rooms are in the Bally Tower, which is the one we usually try to get when we go. Another thing - try to get a room without the connecting doors; we were next to some woman who was really loud, and have to ask to change our room. There are few Garden Rooms - I never stayed there but my parents said they're very nice, better than the Bally Tower

micmac1007 gave a good description of the corner room in Bally Tower, to add on, there are two sets of windows, one in the main room and one in the bathroom, so the rooms look bright and cheerful. We enjoy the spaciousness of of the room and the jacuzzi. As for the view, it really depends on which corner your room faces - we usually have one set of windows facing the beach, so no complains there. We don't enter from the street so I can't comment on the lobby, but I didn't think the carpets were that dirty at the Tower, Of all the times I visited, 60% of the rooms have some issues - leaking faucets, temperature control that doesn't work well, shower head that's stuck in one position, nothing that was soooo bad that I would not go back

Bally offers a good buffet, that serves lunch and dinner at a reasonable price, and a number of other dining options

It actually has two casinos, Bally and Wild West casino, and the Wild West casino connects to the casino at Caesars, so if you are a player it offers a good number of options. Other than Monday and Tuesdays, the casinos are usually pack, which may be why the carpets and public areas are not as clean as other resort casinos. If you have friends with kids you know how hard it is to keep everything spotless

Another advantage is that Bally is right on the Boardwalk, so if you stay more than a couple of days you can go shopping at the many stores right on the Boardwalk, or head to the beach.

It costs an extra $10 to use the spa, which has several pools, plus steam room etc. If you get any kind of spa treatment the price includes the use of the spa.

The beach does get crowded - it is a popular destination for local and tourists alike. If you're not a beach person take a walk on the Boardwalk and enjoy an ice cream cone, or funnel cake with all the toppings, or just sit and enjoy the sun and watch all the people (and time) waltz by :)

Room Tip: The best rooms are in the Bally Tower, ask for the corner rooms. Higher floors for less street noise...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank mellowY2
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

Arrived at 4 pm. stood on line for an hour. There were 5 people doing check-in for platinum and diamond members, and only three or four for regular joes. Once we got to our room we waited 30 minutes for our luggage and missed the pool hours.
The room was dusty and hadn't been updated. We were given a handicapped room which apparently just means lots of floor space but no ironing board. There was no HBO and Wi-fi was not free, it was $13 a day. I am not an overly picky person but these are things that you would think comes standard in even the most basic hotels. I only stayed 1 night because the hotel I normally stay in was booked for the weekend. I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012