“The un-sushi restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, View
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 November 2016

The sign at the entrance says "Restaurant and Sushi Bar," and since we were craving sushi, we decided to go there for dinner. The setting is quite nice, right on the water. That's where the positives end. The first hint of trouble was the menu - food and wine prices were outrageously high, as other reviewers have already mentioned. The service was painfully slow and inattentive. We went through two choices of wine before they finally found one that was in stock - naturally, a higher priced option. After she opened and poured the wine, she finally took our order. Sushi. Oops - sushi chef is not on duty this evening. Sorry, no sushi for you. One would think that a restaurant whose specialty is sushi would have a back-up sushi chef, and failing that, let their customers know at the outset that there would be no sushi that evening. Had we known, we wouldn't have gone through all the trouble with the wine. To be fair, I can't review the food, as we were so disgusted with the whole experience, we just packed up the wine and left.

Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

It didn't have most of what they show in their menu. Food overpriced for its quality. They charge taxes but don't give out invoices. They say they'll send by email and doesn't happen. They told me they changed management a few years ago. That must be why they are not what they used to be. I visited this place back in 2007, 9 years later it's not the same.

Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

Visited with partner as part of Tour Package with Red Mangrove Lodge

Wifi
Recommend: nigiri, ceviche, cheese panko, Oreo milkshake
Close to wildlife - area inhabited by sea lions
English menus

Poor service
Staff cannot understand/speak English
Alcoholic drinks overpriced (like everything in Galapagos)

1  Thank Rachelilse
Reviewed 30 April 2016

This restaurant specializes in Japanese cuisine, but it’s a far cry from what Japanese cuisine really is. The prices are nearly double that of restaurants outside the hotel and the food quality is low. One night I felt lazy, after a long day out exploring, so I decided to give dinner a try here. I ordered coconut crusted shrimp as an appetizer and a seafood risotto listed under house specials. What was served was friend breaded small shrimp with a mayonnaise based coconut dipping sauce. The risotto was Japanese style fried rice with seafood arranged in a circle, creating a ring around the mound of rice. I was aghast; the server should have informed me that neither the coconut shrimp nor the risotto was available. At $50US for the dinner, what I received was unacceptable. On another occasion, being short on time between tours, I ordered a Mexican burger for lunch. There was no description of what the Mexican burger consisted of, and the server was clueless, but I wanted to give it a go, thinking that it would be a burger with avocado and salsa. Instead it was a mound of burger, soggy bacon, friend salami, and an egg, on a bun slathered with Russian dressing. The whole thing fell apart as I took a bite and didn’t resemble anything close to Mexican. Additionally, the restaurant was out of diet coke and the local pilsner, as well as Corona.

3  Thank Brooklynite_Abroad
Reviewed 5 April 2016

Like most of the other posts The location was awesome, but the service was not the best. The food was average. Make sure to bring bug spray when going to eat, or drink, there.