“So relaxed and friendly”
Review of Eel Garden Stars Restaurant - CLOSED

Eel Garden Stars Restaurant
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Egyptian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Eel garden Stars is located directly on the beach, in a quiet location of Dahab. It has a peaceful atmosphere with a stunning view on the sea, and offers delicious food: Egyptian as well as international specialties, healthy drinks such as fresh juices and organic teas. The restaurant is also a favorite place for holiday makers wanting to enjoy the "old Dahab feeling". The beach has sunbeds to relax, and also welcomes families with children, with easy entry into shallow water. Snorkeling equipment can be rented to discover the amazing reef.
Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

We used eel garden stars as a place to leave our towels etc when snorkelling then had a couple of juices on return. They were really nice guys, no pushy hard sell and are happy for you to sunbath or snooze all day if you buy an occasional drink.
I also had an egyptian breakfast, delicious.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Great food, great location, great staff, great atmosphere. Mohamed was always smiley and entertaining, if a little overzealous on that front coming to sit with us while we ate! We tried to vary where we frequented for dinner, always to our disappointment so we always came back to eel gardens where the food was top notch at affordable prices. One night they even opened up the restaurant for us after closing so that we were able to eat. Very accommodating.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have been coming to Dahab every year since 2005. I am in Dahab for a month and its a daily stop for me. Eel Garden has always been a favourite of mine. I was there yesterday and no matter what time of the day you go the atmosphere is great. The staff are kind, friendly, helpful especially Mohamed from Aswan. We had drinks and Sisha there last night with its soft lighting, great for families. Its my favourite place to go snorkelling. Great seating and you are right at the sea. No matter where you are staying in Dahab this is a great place to chill be away from the rows of restaurants in town.

1  Thank Ruby R
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Very relaxed atmosphere. Sit down on the floor dinner totally Egyptian style! Food tasty & good & reasonable prices compared to other restaurants in Dahab especially in that area. Ideal location & easy access from restaurant to snorkel area!

1  Thank Anonymous516
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Eel Garden stars is where I would normally go to if I want to swim and enjoy a cold, refreshing drink. The location is brilliant - gives you direct access to the Eel garden, one of Dahab's best snorkeling spots. It's also worth mentioning that the entry to the sea in front of the restaurant is sandy (no bulky annoying rocks), which is very rare in Dahab. I wouldn't go there at night as I don't consider it as a special dinning destination, but it's a perfect place to relax and snorkel during the day since it's not close to the congested promenade area, yet still in the center of Dahab.