US$49
US$38
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$19
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$21/night.

US$90
Shams Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$37
US$32
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$36/night.

US$88
US$56
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

The Bedouin Moon Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$29
US$26
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$34/night.

All reviewsrooms are cleandiving schooldiving centersolomantripsdiveshisha
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We spent several days here and really enjoyed our stay. I appreciated the little fridge, working AC and cleanliness of the room. I appreciated the great location and advice from the hotel staff regarding beaches and transportation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wildwoman99
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed here in mid may for 3 nights. It was by pure chance having met someone in a taxi ride who worked there. Dahab was busy as it was around the time of coptic Easter and also the season was taking off. I was glad I found the place. The room was basic but suited my needs perfectly - a large comfortable bed, decent sized room with en suite wet room shower/toilet. It was clean and unfussy. The air con worked well and was quiet (not always the case - I stayed in a 5* hotel in Sharm and their air con drove me nuts). So for the price I was happy with my room. But the main advantage was not the room itself but in the people there. And I give a big shout out to my friend Souleiman (not sure if that is spelt right or not!) - his relaxed, friendly and helpful nature was a big part of what made my trip. Finding someone you can count on is not always easy in the tourist industry in Egypt - sometimes what seems like help is just another route to selling a trip or whatever. I didn't feel like any of that was the case - just good advice, help and support for my trip. So thank you.
Secondly the place is nice and quiet, I could hear birds from my window when I woke up in the morning. Try to get a room away from the main street and you will find it peaceful. Not always easy to find that either in Dahab. As for the location - its great. Its easy to think that you are away from the main action at the Lighthouse area but actually I didn't much like it round there anyway (but if you do its a 10 min easy walk). It is the older and more local-feel side of Dahab which I preferred. You can cut through to the sea front much more easily than you think at first. I'd say a 6 min walk. The beach front is much more expensive so adding a 5 min walk and cutting costs made a lot of sense to me. The little cafe on site serves a good fresh breakfast at a reasonable price - it is relaxed and charming. The camp is also near Yum Yum - a great cheap felafel joint just down the road. This was a saving grace for me - the waterfront restaurants are ok but hardly cheap - here I could enjoy fresh falafel and juice for £1.
So thank you for Souleiman and Tracey for your warm welcome and your smiles. I hope to see you again sometime! Chris / London.

Room Tip: choose ground floor away from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ChrisMillerUK
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Our first night did not go well, as we got a room right above the entrance (facing the street which had non stop noise and music from the 24hr open coffee shop and liquor store). There was a little problem with the toilet. That same night we came to the realization that there is no sweet water. The next day turned out the whole town runs on salt water so we cant use this as a negative criteria for the hotel...
In the morning the manager was there and right away changed our room to a more quiet one (so remember to reserve a room in the back). The rooms are in a good condition (it is EGYPT): simple and clean.
The staff was very very friendly and helpful!
For a beach town, Jowhara is the best you can get for your money and they can arrange little day trips here and there for a very reasonable and honest price.
Most of all, I was surprised how people there did not care about tipping (unlike in the rest of Egypt where even if you look someone in the eye, they would extend an asking hand!).
I recommend this place as the town of Dahab can really not offer anything better for your $. I assume if you do want some luxury, the place would be the more expensive and busy town of Sharm el Sheikh.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tzveta S
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here in November 2012 with a group of friends. The rooms were cheap and the only thing we could find at the last minute. Rooms are basic but comfortable. I stayed in a room with my boyfriend and was annoyed to find that the bathroom walls did not go up to the ceiling. Awkward! We had selected a room without A/C because it was the only double available and so we had a fan that was incredibly noisy and irritating. The staff were very kind about bringing us new ones (multiple times) until we finally found one that both worked and did not make too much noise. Nice balconies but we got swamped with mosquitoes. The hostel is near Penguin which I have also stayed at a few years back and would recommend more highly. Location is a short walk from the central downtown but a pleasant walk that I enjoyed doing. Not directly on the water if that's what you're looking for. Did not try the breakfast here but I'm sure it was on par with other hostels in the area. Staff let us leave our suitcases with them for our final day after we checked out and even let us use the showers when we came back from the beach that day. The best part of this hostel is definitely the amazing staff, but there are also better budget options available in Dahab.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and a room with A/C if possible.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank LER627
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Tried this place out for one night, based on a friend's recommendation, and then decided to stay here for my entire stay in Dahab! The rooms are very simple, but comfortable and extremely clean. The staff is wonderful, very helpful and welcoming. I felt very safe here.
The hotel is about 5 minutes from the beach and the main 'strip'. It is a great location if you want relative quiet, but is still within walking distance of everything.
Breakfast is amazing and excellent value for the money. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for simple, clean, safe and budget-friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends