“Free WiFi! low budget hotel”
Review of Jowhara Hotel

Jowhara Hotel
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Dahab
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Excellent hotel, was on a low budget 4 days trip, the hotel is relatively clean, great hospitality, A/C was pretty bad. Relatively close to the beach with a lot of restaurants of various price ranges around.

Room Tip: choose rooms in the ground floor they have better Free WiFi reception.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MahmoudSeireg

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I felt very comfortable at Jowhara hotel.

My room (in August it is better to take one with aircondition) was clean and bigger than expected.

My hosts were very friendly and helpful.

Jowhara is located in the middle of Dahab, so you it's a good basis to walk everywhere - to the sea, the restaurants, for Shopping, even a bank is near.

What I liked especially is that you are part of Dahab's life staying at Jowhara.

Room Tip: In summer invest the small money for a room with aircondition.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Trillian R
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We spent several days here and really enjoyed our stay. I appreciated the little fridge, working AC and cleanliness of the room. I appreciated the great location and advice from the hotel staff regarding beaches and transportation.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wildwoman99
Reviewed 17 May 2013

I stayed here in mid may for 3 nights. It was by pure chance having met someone in a taxi ride who worked there. Dahab was busy as it was around the time of coptic Easter and also the season was taking off. I was glad I found the place. The room was basic but suited my needs perfectly - a large comfortable bed, decent sized room with en suite wet room shower/toilet. It was clean and unfussy. The air con worked well and was quiet (not always the case - I stayed in a 5* hotel in Sharm and their air con drove me nuts). So for the price I was happy with my room. But the main advantage was not the room itself but in the people there. And I give a big shout out to my friend Souleiman (not sure if that is spelt right or not!) - his relaxed, friendly and helpful nature was a big part of what made my trip. Finding someone you can count on is not always easy in the tourist industry in Egypt - sometimes what seems like help is just another route to selling a trip or whatever. I didn't feel like any of that was the case - just good advice, help and support for my trip. So thank you.
Secondly the place is nice and quiet, I could hear birds from my window when I woke up in the morning. Try to get a room away from the main street and you will find it peaceful. Not always easy to find that either in Dahab. As for the location - its great. Its easy to think that you are away from the main action at the Lighthouse area but actually I didn't much like it round there anyway (but if you do its a 10 min easy walk). It is the older and more local-feel side of Dahab which I preferred. You can cut through to the sea front much more easily than you think at first. I'd say a 6 min walk. The beach front is much more expensive so adding a 5 min walk and cutting costs made a lot of sense to me. The little cafe on site serves a good fresh breakfast at a reasonable price - it is relaxed and charming. The camp is also near Yum Yum - a great cheap felafel joint just down the road. This was a saving grace for me - the waterfront restaurants are ok but hardly cheap - here I could enjoy fresh falafel and juice for £1.
So thank you for Souleiman and Tracey for your warm welcome and your smiles. I hope to see you again sometime! Chris / London.

Room Tip: choose ground floor away from the main road.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank ChrisMillerUK
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Our first night did not go well, as we got a room right above the entrance (facing the street which had non stop noise and music from the 24hr open coffee shop and liquor store). There was a little problem with the toilet. That same night we came to the realization that there is no sweet water. The next day turned out the whole town runs on salt water so we cant use this as a negative criteria for the hotel...
In the morning the manager was there and right away changed our room to a more quiet one (so remember to reserve a room in the back). The rooms are in a good condition (it is EGYPT): simple and clean.
The staff was very very friendly and helpful!
For a beach town, Jowhara is the best you can get for your money and they can arrange little day trips here and there for a very reasonable and honest price.
Most of all, I was surprised how people there did not care about tipping (unlike in the rest of Egypt where even if you look someone in the eye, they would extend an asking hand!).
I recommend this place as the town of Dahab can really not offer anything better for your $. I assume if you do want some luxury, the place would be the more expensive and busy town of Sharm el Sheikh.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room in the back.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends