Le Meridien Dahab Resort
Star Of Dahab Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$26
Hotels.com
US$69
US$54
  • Breakfast included
Dahab Plaza Hotel(Dahab)(Great Value!)
US$17
US$31
US$28
US$38
US$34
US$37
US$32
1,166 results
All reviewsoutdoor showervie restaurantsails restaurantdeluxe roominfinity poolfresh water poolsea breezesalt waterlow occupancystar resortprivate beachfishbeach bardahab resortdive schoolsharm airportmain restaurant
Reviewed 2 January 2018

1. Check in took 2 hrs
2. Valued SPG member should not take that long to check in 5 rooms!
3. check in person is on his cellphone with multiple interruptions.
4. We were told that rooms are not available, and only double rooms are available as the hotel is full.We refused the double rooms as we were all couples except for one room. 2 rooms took 2 hrs to clean as we were told guests just checked out. When we went in, it was all dust on the bath tubs, confirming that these rooms were not used recently.
5.The mattress in one of the rooms was completely wavy, I would not put my dog on it to sleep.
6. The fridge in the suite we used was not working, completely. We requested replacements, with no luck. The minibar was not used at all! Infact we needed it to store my kids antibiotics as they were sick. We had to use a different rooms' minibar.
7. The food was terrible. I have not been to a restaurant/hotel "rated 5 star" with this kind of quality. Again chefs and cooks and their assistants, I have seen 3 on their cellphones standing next to the food. A current theme, showing no respect to the guest, no professionalism and no proper management.
8. Wrong labels on foods. Peas are called on green beans. Food without labels. Different cooks give you different answers on foods whether it was chicken or pigeon, I had to decide myself!
9. Orange juice was basically orange powder dissolved in water for breakfast. Unacceptable and tasteless. One morning I saw 2 guests drinking what looked like fresh orange juice. So i requested to have the same. The server told me we don't squeeze fresh orange juice. I did not argue with him, but later he noticed that the table next to us had some fresh orange juice, so he showed up later with fresh orange juice, apologizing that "he did not know".
10. The "complimentary shuttle bus" to downtown was always booked, and I had to pay to every drive to downtown, unlike what was advertised.
11. Check out took 40 minutes, as we had to physically wait for the room services to confirm that we did not use the minibar items. Does not happen in any hotel in the world, that you have to wait. They have a credit card on file they can charge. The rest of the family were in the bus waiting for us.
12. Finally, the last meal was a breakfast. We were a total of 12 guests.4 of the total had severe abdominal pain, diarrhea, and fevers within 8 hours. We had to deal with this for long hours, as we were travelling transatlantic. 2 had to see doctors, and all 4 started on antibiotics, due to severe food poisoning.

This place is a disgrace, unfortunately, its a beautiful design and hotel, and but the worst management I have ever seen.

So, never again I am coming to this place!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Karim A
mgaballa, Assistant Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Dear Mr. Karim ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us in regards to your recent stay at Le Meridien Dahab resort & SPA. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for any product or service issues you faced during your stay -

Your feedback will be reviewed in detail with the team here in the resort and we will ensure the necessary corrective action is taken wherever possible. It was a great pleasure to have you here with us and I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon when we will spare no efforts to provide a stay that meets with both yours and our own expectations. I am aware that you do not intend to return and I understand your reluctance. However, I would urge you to let us know in advance of your next visit and I will take a personal interest in ensuring that you have the best experience possible.

Yours Truly ,
Mohamed Gaballah
Assistant Front Office Manager
mohamed.gaballah@lemeridien.com

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Clean, rooms are fantastic the ones opposite the sea, staff are friendly, kids club are great option to leave your kid in a safe hand. We had a great time and we will definitely come here again. I would recommend this hotel to all family and friends

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2017

We spent 10 days there and it was really great. Hotel is nice, with a lot of pulls(some have sea water which is changing every 24h), nice beach, excellent diving area(here I need to say big THANK YOU for life guards, because they showed me every coral in the sea, and that was fantastic!!!). Stuff was excellent, very polite(great cook in the morning at breakfast, great waiters, managers, barmen at the beach), they make us feel like at home. Big THANK YOU guys, did a really great job!!!

Also we took 2 excursions, one was riding camels, driving quad(unique experience in the desert mountains), second was snorkeling in Blue lagun and Blue hole. We recommend this to everyone who wants to try something new and exciting.

If you are looking for a hotel in Dahab, you should visit Le Meridien. Who knows, maybe one day we will return :) Nikola & Nikolina

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2017

Message the staff for prices of the spa facilities. Unfortunately the employee wasn't willing to give this and told me to come by if I wanted to have more information. Very unprofessional for a place like Le Meridien.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mk03011987
Mohamed A, Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2017

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Le Méridien Dahab Resort with us. .As a valued guest, we was disappointed to hear about your experience in our SPA. With aspiration to always exceed guest expectations, we have unfortunately fallen short of this goal during your recent stay. Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay.
Best Regards
Mohamed Anwar

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

If you want a place for Relaxing , good service and sea . You should visit le meridien . I spent 4 days there and enjoyed so much . Also sea and pools view is great. If i go to dahab again . I will go to meredien

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
mgaballa, Assistant Front Office Manager at Le Meridien Dahab Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Dear Ahmed S ,

Thank you so much for writing in with this lovely review and for choosing Le Meridien Dahab resort & SPA for your vacation. Your compliments are also very welcome and we all look forward to, welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards,