“Bad attitude is a big turn off! ”
Review of Chez Chantal

Chez Chantal
Ranked #41 of 91 Restaurants in El Gouna
Price range: US$12 - US$40
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I visited Chez Chantal in February and wrote a very positive review about the food. My experience was so good that i returned here for my birthday celebration with my family. We booked a table in advance and when we called on the day of my birthday to choose a special table, the owner told us that there was a party of 30 people and it was 'impossible' to get a table with a view. They put us in a corner between the service area and the bar! When we refused the table, the waiter responded by saying 'what do you expect me to do'? When we told the owner we wanted the table for 8, she responded by saying that we better be there by 8! She was so rude and her staff were rude. We were so excited to celebrate a family birthday and they didn't show us any kind of hospitality or warm welcome. They made us feel that we were being a nuisance. Needless to say, we told them where to put that table and we went to another restaurant instead and luckily for us we had a very lovely evening at Chez Pascal with excellent food and very friendly service. We will not return to Chez Chantal again as this attitude really was a big turn off.

3  Thank NiamhandNour

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I was so excited to come to this French restaurant. When I saw Chantal I said hi because I was so happy to see her there and she didn't even give a smile. We were accommodated without a reservation and the waiters were friendly and professional. I had the lobster and my husband had the steak. Both of them were flavorless. The food presentation was good. Creme brûlée was average. When the bill arrived we noticed how overpriced it was for the quality of it and what's even worse they did not accept credit cards. Luckily I was carrying enough cash on me. Don't waste your stomach space.

1  Thank sueellenpr
Reviewed 29 March 2017

Definitely fish, fish and more fish!!! You have to tap on the Red Sea resources to nourish your family, they are exquisite!

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

Definitely the best food we've had in El Gouna. Ordered fish and veal and both were delicious. The meal was not cheap but was worth the money and the service was very good. This is our second visit to Chez Chantal and we will be back again for sure.

Reviewed 16 February 2017

The place at it's self is a highlight! On the upper floor, you feel like you are sitting on the roof of the building - lovely & warm decorated (you realize the french touch of the owner). You feel like in a total different world somehow and by the beginning, you realize that you ended up in a great place to eat!

The owner was there, that night and told us about her philosophy, which is fantastic. Fresh ingredients from the local markets, only buying the best of the best and try to have a daily special which can change all the time. The staff is well trained and know every little detail about today's food.

As a starter we've chosen the Tuna and the Lobster Carpaccio - incredible delicious. They bring a few bowls of salad as a starter, free of charge!! and the dressing was brilliant, the salad fresh as it should be.

Some of us had fish, most of us tried the Beef Filet Chantal (around 400g), really good meat and perfectly cooked!

Another highlight came with the sweets: Crème Brulèe, which I love and tried all around the globe - this one was far the best!

If you're into good wine, they have a few. We brought one of our one Rosé, which was opened by the staff with love and we paid a certain amount for it, which was very fair!

thank you guys for this amazing experience and night out!

will be back!!