All reviews hotel territory animation team sandy beach sea mido program reef dance
Reviewed 30 January 2015

3 weeks in Jan 2015 the staff were helpful and chatty and hard working,the food was varied and good and plentiful, position was brillo, room was cleaned and towels/sheets replaced often, we felt well looked after and cared for, and safe.
this holiday was very cheap and you shouldn't expect Al la carte but we would go there again deffo
also it is safe inside and out side the hotel, we walked every night at about 10 pm and had no worries at all, also if you have any worries just go to reception and they will listen
now the biggest thing. The hotel is used by mainly Russian people, and we found them very chatty and lovely people and the children were disciplined, when needed to be and meeting them was a great experience, LOVELY PEOPLE !!!!!!!

Room tip: upgrade to sphinx
Date of stay: January 2015
4  Thank Tony B
Reviewed 15 January 2015

Upon arrival we were told that we had been "upgraded" to the Sphynx Hotel (next door). Room was indeed very comfortable and spacious. However, the shelves inside the wardrobes were covered in dust ( the dust of many weeks, not a few). Could not unpack cases into this so lived out of cases. TV remote did not work (replaced after two requests to fix). Safe deposit box did not work (replaced after three requests to fix). Room keycard did not operate electricity supply as it should (a fully operating card was supplied at the third attempt).
Food was extremely disappointing. There was very little choice (there is only so much chicken, seriously overcooked, that anyone can eat) and it was mostly cold. Drinks, which admittedly are described as local, were so weak as to be hardly worth drinking. For lunch it was necessary to start at the beach "restaurant" for chicken (again) or fish with cold chips or cold pasta and then try the restaurant at the King Tut ( Sphynx Restaurant not open for lunch) in order to try to make a balanced meal. At dinner, the main event (roast lamb) one evening was gone by 19:45 and no more was available. Dinner service is advertised until 21:30.
Sunset bar not open all week. Sphynx bar (advertised as open till 24:00) closed at 22:30 - 23:00 every day. Oriental dinner, advertised 5 nights a week, not offered at all.
Jaccuzzi and Sauna are advertised as freely available. Jaccuzzi not operational all week (feeble excuse offered that windy weather would have caused it to become dirty), As this was on the 6th floor roof space, sand would not have been a problem.
Finally, unless you speak Russian, don't bother with this place.They were overwhelmingly in the majority at this place.My partner and I were two of only 10 British guests at this "resort". With very few exceptions, they behaved appallingly, shovelling huge quantities of food onto their plates with no regard for those who were behind them in the queue. NEVER AGAIN!

Room tip: Wifi advertised as available in all public areas but connection is extremely poor and virtually worthless.
Date of stay: January 2015
3  Thank Patrick M
Reviewed 4 January 2015

When we arrived everything seemed great we got a room upgrade but as we got to the room my boyfriend hit his head on the low ceiling and splot open his head,the doctor came with no gloves in a dirty on site clinic with blood up the walls he rubbed iodine in to my boyfriends head and then charmed me £100 for the pleasure he gave us some tablets that I Googled and found out they were dog antibiotics!! Apart from this the staff were very forceful and nasty if you didn't want to buy anything they pulled you into there shops and put a lot of pressure on you to buy things so much so I came to dread walking past them. Everybody was Russian and all the entertainment was in Russian so we felt very isolated! The food was disgusting and on the third day I was very ill and had to stay in bed the plates and glasses were not clean! We went all inclusive and every time we went to the bar we were asked for money and even out trainers!! Outide the complex was scary very rough with very fast dangerous drivers speeding around, the children's pool was filthy! There are two monkeys in very small cages treated very poorly with no water some days and petrol smoke blown onto them every evening to stop mosquitoes it's cruel and when I asked staff to stop banging the cage they said I will kill the dirty monkeys!! I'm so glad I didn't take my children and I will never ever go back I felt frightened the whole time I was there! Horrible place!!

Date of stay: November 2014
5  Thank nataliecbaxter
Reviewed 12 December 2014

we stayed at the king tut for 10 nights we are a daughter and father combo ,dad is maturing in years. on our arrival after a very smooth flight and transfer we were informed that we had been upgraded don't know if this is right but it made us feel appreciated all our luggage was moved to the room which was clean, linen changed daily water bottles replaced and the boy keeping it clean took pride in knowing he had done a good job we did leave a tip at the end of our stay but I didn't feel like that was his goal. the restaurants were good and there was a variety but this is a hotel predominantly for Russians so is catered accordingly we never felt short changed the serving staff and chefs were lovely and always make us fresh food and brought our drinks to the table. beach towels are provided and changed daily.we did go to the hotels Nubian night which at £10 we felt was good value. all in all a great value break in a lovely location on a reef. the only word of warning it is a hotel for Russians mainly so queuing isn't their strong point and the hotel management should put the odd sign up to try to manage the reef to stop people breaking off coral and standing on it ,it is part of this hotels advantages. a last word on Max the hotels resident camel who is fabulous I have visited many hotels/beaches and Max is the best trained ,there are monkeys and their cages I think are too small and could do with up grading there are diving and snorkelling trips available on site and they leave from the beach

Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank vickie c
Reviewed 25 November 2014

When we arrived we were given an upgrade to a sea view room, always nice when that happens! The room was in the sister hotel Sphynx on the same site. The room was lovely , clean,and had a fab view. Food at the hotel was basic all inclusive fair and even tho im a picky eater there was always something for me to enjoy. Staff where lovely, courteous and polite. Word of warning tho the onsite bank doesn't change sterling,but if you walk out of the hotel to youre left there's an atm thats also changes ur money the exchange rate was good we got 11.2 egp to 1 sterling :) . The pool was cold but welcoming in the heat , the beach at the hotel was a nice surprise, the Red Sea beautifully warm and we were there in nov! Cant really fault anything and i did read the reviews before we went and im so glad we chose to give it a go anyway.

Date of stay: November 2014