US$162
Marriott Hotels
US$157
US$147
  • Pool
Dawar El Omda(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$177
Aida Suites(Hurghada)
US$12
US$265
US$140
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Panorama Bungalows Resort El Gouna(El Gouna)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$461
  • Pool
All reviewsfew minutes walksingle roomprivate beachbuffet stylemarinagadreception
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Some travellers had difficulty to allocate this hotel and I was one of those. One reviewer advised that along the main road, turn left to side street when reached 'GAD', a popular small restaurant. If you passed the nearby MacDonald, you are over.

In fact there are two GADs at opposite ends of the main boulevard in Hurghada. I actually went to the wrong one. Fortunately, locals helped me by giving taxi driver direction to the correct one.

So when you refer to GAD, make sure emphasizing that it is the GAD beside the MacDonald in the Marina area.

The hotel provided spacious room beyond my expectation. Room facilities and cleanness are not perfect but acceptable. Location is good with a few minutes walk to main commercial street. There is a public beach nearby and appeared well kept when I went there in the morning (need to pay a small fee). Breakfast is simple, but really shouldn't complain with such a good 'money for the value'. Staff are friendly. The young female receptionist spoke excellent English.

Room Tip: My second floor room has a balcony, but appeared not used and not cleaned.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jack L
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

All in all i enjoyed my visit and the place was very good .

Pros:
large clean room , amazing location near the marina and all the restaurants, friendly staff.

Cons:
private beach quality very low, but you can find another close public beach like "old vic" ,
No pool and small reception area
T.v is very old and doesn't have much channels

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

had a fantastic time with my friends. we hope to be there all the time when I'm in hurghada very nice staff price and beach. we had booked all trips and all were operated by the hotel receptionist and we loved all. very clean room very nice food

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Its a nice place as i said in the title .. not awesome but nice the rooms are clean and organized the hotel was very quiet and i could see the sea from my window
They offer breakfast it has a variety of kinds and it's all fresh the price for Egyptians is 180 eg for the night

Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Hatem A
Reviewed 1 December 2016

I booked a double room for 2 days and when i reached i was told that they upgraded us to the suite free of cost. That was a nice gesture. Little did we know that the room was not clean and there was dirt everywhere. We tried cleaning the wardrobe so that we could hang our clothes, but gave up mid way because there was no end to it. The entire room was dusty. My husband was quite pissed and said that a clean double room was better than the suite. While we were there we didnt ask for the house keeping as we felt that it would do no good as the dust would simply fly around aggravating my dust allergies.

Pros

English speaking staff. The lady there (dont know her name) was nice and friendly. Didn't care much about the guy. He seemed clueless. Also while converting US dollars to pounds the guy tried to scam us so pay attention to the figures and his calculations cause Maths is not his strong suit.

Free passes to the El Sakira beach.
The location is great as the Marina and city center are in walking distance.
There are a lot of restaurants, banks, soverneir shops. etc nearby
The breakfast was superb as they have a wide variety of food eg, bread, pita bread, fool. falafel. salad. eggs. fruits. etc and is served buffet style.
The rooms and bathrooms are spacious.

Cons
WIFI is available only in the reception area. That too its very dodgy and unreliable.

They never have enough change. Be it US Dollars or Egyptian currency. I dont understand how the hotel doesn't have enough change even in their local currency.

Do not under any circumstances talk money with the guy at the reception. He doesn't understand it. So to be on the safer side have exact amount either in dollars or pounds to avoid the hassle.

Their exchange rate is horrible so to get better rates go to the Bank.
Their airport transfer fees is 10 dollars which is a total rip off. It is barely 20 mins to the airport and you can find taxis that go for 5 dollars.
The rooms are dusty and are in need of a good scrub
The place gets noisy at night and that affects the sleep quality
The hotel front is covered in waste with at least 3 dogs roaming around. Also there is some construction happening and hence the area in front of the hotel is a complete mess.

Room Tip: Bring adequate change with you Bing earplugs as it tends to get noisy at night The suites are nice if they are properly scrubbed.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family