Jaz Aquaviva(Makadi Bay)
  • Pool
US$168
US$148
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$198/night.

Serenity Fun City(Makadi Bay)
US$230
US$197
Priceline
US$258
US$225
getaroom.com
8,462 results
All reviewsfamily poolpergola bart bonewelcome homea la carte restaurantsanimation teammain restaurantvictoria pubvip poolred flagblue wavesthomas cookthe mexican restaurantgreat holidaymain poolroom in blockguest services
Reviewed 11 March 2012

What can I say about this hotel that has not already been said, well to be honest very little The hotel is like a small piece of paradise the grounds are fantastic when you consider the hotel is on the edge of the desert, I have travelled to this hotel with my Husband ,friends and family many times over the last few years and each time we go we have the standard saying "this holiday can't be better than the last" and yet it always is there is always something new or something that has been improved, this time it is the introduction of the terminal screens in the lobby bar which enables guests to pre book an al a carte restaurant of your choice and at a time that suites for up to three days in advance, We tend to use the wi-fi internet while in resort and were amazed at the improved quality of the signal around the hotel that the IT Manager Mr Ehab has been able to introduce and to top that the hotel have greatly reduced the price of using the internet with various buy one get one free offers.

Many people have made comments in past reviews about guest from other countries my experience of meeting guests from around the world has been first class at this hotel I feel very guilty that most guests will attempt to speak with you in English and we are in the main totally unable to speak to them in there language it has been a pleasure to meet many people from all over Europe east and west we have also made one or two good friends from Russia.

We stayed 3rd / 9th March while the paths around the resort were being re-laid I can say this work caused us no concerns whatsoever and did not disturb our holiday in anyway.

As I mentioned at the start of this review there is no point repeating the comments about the restaurants and facilities at this hotel as they are all fantastic, we had a fantastic holiday as we always do here and felt as though we were treated like royalty by the Managment team and staff alike these are the people who make this hotel a truly 5 star hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a central location
4  Thank radleydiamond
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Just returned from the SRM with my partner and our friends and had a great time after my sixth visit to Egypt.

As other reviews are stating this is not a 5 star property but deserves a 4 star at least for its layout, pool areas, beach and A La carte restaurants. The food from here being some of the best i have witnessed and eaten on an all inclusive holiday and not just in Egypt.

We ate at five of the A La Carte's (Steak House - Twice, Mexican, Italian, Asian and Mediteranean) and i could not say i had a poor meal. Most of it being exceptionally good. I must also mention the reason we returned to the Steak house was not just the food but the service we received from Abul Hassan. Abul you should be promoted as you kept us smiling and laughing even though the winds were nearly blowing the things off the table.
Breakfast and lunch we mainly ate at the Round the World restaurant that doubles as the Mediteranean, more due to it being far more relaxed and pleasant surroundings than that of the Main Buffet which i think would put a lot of people off at this hotel.

Due to the strong winds we had upon arrival for a couple of days we visited the beach as with the number of wind breaks available, once you were on your sun lounger you surprisingly were able to escape the wind. There is a very handy little bar on the rear of the beach at a central point for your drinks although you had to walk a couple of hundred yards to get to the main pool area for food from any of three restaurants or snack bars.

Following the drop in the winds after the weekend we settled at the smaller pool area that was by blocks 35 and 36. This pool area being of a nice size with not too many people and also being one of a couple of heated pools at the hotel. I must also say a big thank you to the staff at this pool too being, Emed, El Gandy and Mohamed who between them kept us refreshed with drinks, amused and infromed on the questions we asked of them.

My main reason for the 4 star and not 5 is due to a couple of areas in the hotel that i would say are in need of touch up as in decor, or improvement as in they have probably gone past the just touch up stage.

The Main Reception and Bar areas are very dark and are the first part of the hotel you see upon arrival. With a colour change to something lighter along with an update of the old tatty couches and seats, this would appear far more appealing as your first siting in the hotel

The Main Buffet Area i am a little lost for words with as it is very shabby and seems far more older than the six years i have read in another review by somebody. I would go as far as guessing this has not been improved since it was opened. Thank god i had the options of the A La Carte's and Round the World restaurants to me as my first opinion on my first evening at the hotel was 'What the hell have i come to'.

We stayed in Block 15 which i would say was one of the closest blocks to the Main Building which housed Reception and the Main Buffet. Our room was of good proportions and very clean and kept clean by the very friendly and chatty, Mustafah. My main issue with the room was the bathroom. The shower area was very old and in need of replacing. Grout and Sealant patching all over the shower cubicle area standing out. The shower itself though was very good with great pressure and plenty of hot water.

I hope this review does not stop anybody thinking of going to this hotel as the few negatives i have raised would not stop me returning here another time.

Room Tip: Have a upper level room and Block 15 where we stayed could be noisy at times from the entertainment held at the pool area
Reviewed 11 March 2012

Just came back from this hotel 9/3/2012....most that needs to be said about this place has already been said .. This is not a 5 star hotel , more like a 4 star...Egypt seems to have its own star rating system .... As for the paths around the resort these were being repaired on a daily basis with mounds of sand dumped on foot paths which are not barriered off .. My wife and I had no alternative but to use these unfinished paths to get to the main hotel and restaurants and on one night as i was climbing over the sand to get to the resturant I fell and sprained my foot .. I went and complained to the Thomas cook rep .. He got the manager of the hotel out from his office . Both the manager and the rep were very concerned about what had happed to me and were very apologetic .. They moved us to a very nice junior suite and a fruit basket and a bottle of wine were given to us .. I later saw the hotel doctor and he was very helpfully .. All the staff seemed very friendly towards us .. As for the russians ... Well they were majority of sunrises guests next to the French and Germans ...Then us brits ... we only used the main buffet restaurant twice and on each occasion it was a big free for all to compete against the ruskis before they scoffed the whole flamin lot !
.as for the entertainment ? Well....it's ;45 mins of quick fire singing and dancing and the animation team just did there best! ... But to be honest it was a the only thing on offer ... Beach is nice .. With loads of sunbeds , but the guys trying to sell you a massage were a right pain they are constantly hassling you .. All in all .... This hotel isn't that bad ...with room for improvement ..

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mpbg10384
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I'm a travel agent and after reading the reviews on the SRM, I was in two minds about it. We stayed at this hotel for a week at the beginning of March. The weather was 26 degrees most days. It can be windy but unlike some reviews on here, I didn't let this ruin my holiday!
The food was fantastic, we tried a few of the a la cartes...asian, italian, mexican and bedouin. The asian and italian being our favourites.
The staff cannot do enough for you. The service is second to none and that's even you don't tip every day! We tended to tip at the end of our meal and at the end of the evening in the lobby bar.
Big thanks to Passam who was brilliant, always knew what drinks we had :-)
As an agent, I would recommend this hotel to my customers. It is rated a 5* but this is by egyptian standards. It isn't the same 5* standard as the UK and people need to recognise that when writing their reviews.
I travelled with my husband and when my husband wasn't around (i.e gone to bar etc) I was never hassled by men! All staff members were so polite to me!
Get a red flag by the pool/beach it helps fend off the salespeople!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam D
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My wife Yvonne and I along with our best friends Norman and Ann have just returned today from Sunrise select Royal Makadi Resort and Spa for what must have been our 14th or 15th visit we have been so many times we have now lost count, I tend not to write a review for the hotel every time we visit as they would just repeat the review which went before but felt an updated review was justified following this visit.
The hotel is now just over six years old and our first visit here was back in early 2006 when the hotel had only been open for a few months, we have seen many changes over the years each and every change has improved the hotel, the gardens for example are now fully established and look amazing.
We have been once or twice since the new al cart restaurants have been introduced of which there are now seven which include the original Asian, Italian, and Delalia along with the New Mexican, T.bones, Greek and Arabian. Still very difficult to pick a favourite as they are all fantastic and the four of us who travelled each had a different favourite, one thing I would like to say about the new restaurants is a little about the Mexican Chef never have we come across a chef who is so dedicated to his work Chef Ahmed is a credit to the Sunrise group.
The hotel now operate a new booking system for the al a cart’s this is done by means of two terminals located in the lobby bar 2 area and enables guests to book their choice of restaurant for up to three days in advance this has removed totally the need to queue each morning to make a booking and is a major improvement.
Many rooms have been and are in the process of fully being refurbished I am told by 1st may around 50% of all rooms will have been completed, I would like to add that the room we were allocated on this most recent trip was the same room as we had on our last trip so I have seen the same room before and after refurbishment, in short the room was fantastic before and in my opinion did not need a refurbishment but it was nice to see the TV upgraded to a flat screen version, so don’t worry if you get a refurbished room or not they are all keep spotlessly clean and you will not be disappointed with either.
You may have read in other reviews that the pathways around the hotel have been dug up and replaced with pressed concrete, last week this job was drawing to a close but the but we did witness the path behing the VIP pool bar being replaced this ment that we could not be closer to the works and yet we suffered no disturbance whatsoever, the works have been done a short section at a time and from what we saw caused no problems at all.
I would like to thank the Management team and all of the staff for making our holiday yet again one to remember and a very big thank you to the hotels Night Manager Mr Salah for taking the time to have coffee and a chat with us every evening we will miss this so much until the next time.
I would also like to say how impressed I am that Miss Yasmin the hotels Excellent Guest relations Manager is taking the time to write a Management response to some of the reviews posted here on Tripadvisor long may this continue.

Last but not least, we as repeat guests and with no children use the VIP pool area down by the beach each day, the bar is looked after by Saheh and the pool and garden area by Mohamed (who has been voted Employee of the year) these two guys make our holiday every time we just can’t rate them highly enough.

10  Thank FOCUSVON