“quiet and great beach”

Ranked #60 of 232 Hotels in Sharm El Sheikh
Berlin, Germany
“quiet and great beach”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We went a month ago, and the tourists are still not back in Sharm en masse. This is a good thing as you can enjoy the beach, the service and the views without too many people around. Some of the staff looked unhappy though, not sure exactly if it is political or the hotel manamemnt. Overall food was excellent with lots of option. The best thing ofcourse is that the price is beyond belief, as all the hotel s in egypt are giving big discounts now, so shop around if you decide to risk it and go.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Myself, wife and 5yr old stayed here in May 2011.

Fantastic hotel - Pools were lovely - Especially liked the lazy river - Private Beach was good and had it's own pontoon with access to the house reef. My 5yr old and I both loved the snorkelling and saw loads of fish and even a stingray - my daughter loved it!!
We only stayed on a B&B basis - the breakfast was substantial - and the waiters made us feel very welcome.
The on-site Dive centre was very good.
All the staff that we came in contact with were very attentive and helpful. The hotel was very quiet as it was a few months after the problems in Cairo, in fact the whole of Sharm was quiet by comparison to previous visits.
There are taxis waiting outside the hotel grounds - well worthwhile getting these rather than the hotel ones - just ensure you agree a price beforehand.

Would definitely return to Hyatt Regency.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank bighonez
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I am only now being able to write this review as before I was too upset to even think about it.

I went with my family; parents and brother just after new years to enjoy a holiday with them. The hotel was lovely and I was really impressed with the food and architecture.

However on my last night I was too poorly to go out and so my family went to the Souk restaurant, allowing me to have room service. I didn't expect the man to collect my room service instead come into my room, push me onto my bed calling me his 'little princess', while kissing my neck, pressing his erection against me and touching me up. It's a bit of a blur however he left as i said i could hear my family coming back (even though they weren't). I tried calling reception to get my parents and security to my room however he must of been watching somewhere to see if I was telling the truth about my family coming back. He let himself back into the room with a room key that he found and so i locked myself in the bathroom until my family got back.

We went straight to security and they told me that not only was this staff member denying it, he said the reason he went into my room was to deliver me a pen. Luckily they had trackings of which staff member used their card into my room before escorting him out of the building. That night i had to sleep in my parents bed because I was too scared in case he came back. And had nightmares about that night for about seven months after.

The hotel was great however I think staff should be picked more carefully, I was not provocative at all throughout the holiday, always being aware to cover up to honour their culture. I would give advice for anyone to not leave their children in their room or if you are a woman, be by yourself as all staff members have keys to get into the rooms. Please, i stress, do not be by yourself as I am sure this isn't the first time that it has happened.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
40 Thank bel373
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2012

We stayed just after XMAS, it was very quiet and we had an excellent stay.

Room: The room was a good size with a big bed and a flat screen TV. There was a block in front of us which restricted our view of the sea. The complex is also a bit of a maze and we got lost a few times on the first night!

The staff were very helpful, as soon as we turned up by the pool, towels were delivered to our beds, and we were engaged in polite conversation. There were 3 pools, including an adults only pool.The lazy river was fun, even for adults!

There was a good choice of food for breakfast. You had to ask for butter however, and you only got 1 per table (even if there's 2 of you!). This was not butter but tasteless margarine on a ittle saucer, it was melted and only enough for 1 piece of toast, so you would then have to ask for more. (Our flight was delayed by 24 hours on the way back and we were put in a 3 star hotel, we got proper butter there!). Also you had to ask for more coffee, occasionally it was luke warm and had to ask for another cup.

A couple of other negatives:
Birds were happily flying around the dining room at breakfast. Quite a few of the cushions had bird droppings on them, and occasionally they would land on the food, not terribly hygienic around food!
Also we were woken very early one morning, we think it was either a very noisy lawn mover or they started cleaning the paths early (they seemed to be constantly cleaning the paths).
Also there was only 1 jacuzzi working, which would not have been a problem except for that small kids were allowed to play in them, and there was constantly kids in them and jumping in and out. The pool attendant was standing by just watching.

Snorkeling was excellent, either from the beach or the pontoon. One of our own snorkel's broke, and the cost of hiring a manky one from the hotel for 1 hour was about 5 times the cost of buying a new one in town. Tip: First night here I suggest you pop into Naama Bay and buy what ever you need. Also take your shorty as the water is a tad chilly, we were glad we had taken ours!

It is a 45 min walk into Naama bay area and the route is fully lit. Or if you get bored walking, its a 20 mins walk (in the same direction) to the nearest little block of shops, where there's a shop, McDonalds, a crepe place, Coffee shop, and a couple of other restos.

Taxi's into Naama bay: On the 2nd day as we were negotiating with a taxi driver, someone told us that they should cost 10 Egyptian pounds for anywhere in the sharm region. We figured that they need to make a living so after that, refused to pay more than 20 for each journey. Only once were we refused a lift, this was by the hotel entrance, and the taxi driver made a younger driver take us for 20.

Overall a good stay and we would return. If the breakfast issues were sorted, then I would have given it a 5 star rating.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cazywaz
Milngavie
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We had heard that this hotel was rated second to The Four Seasons, but it is certainly is in the better location, with terraced pools and gardens down to the beach, and we could not have been better looked after.The hotel staff were all so helpful, welcoming and almost invariably smiling.The previous review has desribed in detail the facilities and amenities, with which we would absolutely agree. The routine at the pools was the best we have ever encountered. On arriving, the staff would help to choose the best position for loungers, and constantly check to see if one was happy, and readjust as required. Supervising their patch, they made sure that early arrivals didn't dump their towels, and then disappear. The various pools and waterfalls made for interesting swimming, but surprisingly, few adults entered the pools.
We had arranged to stay in an "upper" room, down at the sea front, which was beautifully appointed, and the view as good as you would get of the Red Sea.However, the rooms in our block numbered in the 7 series only experienced the sun earlier in the day, and those in the adjacent 6 series, positioned at an angle, would have enjoyed it for longer in the day.There is however quite a long and relatively steep climb from these sea side rooms up to the main hub of the hotel, including the restaurants, and although it is through stunning gardens, I was glad that I had already had my hip replacement.
The restaurants were first class. Breakfast, as described by many reviewers, provided everything you would want. Surprisingly for a hotel of this quality, there was only one restaurant with table service,the Thai restaurant, which from our experience of many Thai restaurants was outstanding. The main restaurant provided a themed menu from a different nationality each night, and provided great variety and choice. The "Souk" restaurant, with live entertainment, had a great atmosphere, and a choice of menus,from Chinese, Italian, seafood (the lobster was expertly cooked and reasonably priced), and a mix and match possibility.Being on an extended half board basis, we found it impossible to exceed our allotted amount of money, despite eating heartily without any restriction. We will return again next year.

Room Tip: If you are reasonably fit, book an upper sea view room, preferably in the 6 series if you wish to si...