No word in the English language can describe what Namale provides! It was above exceptional; the food, bure's, service, guests, everything made us feel so welcomed! The staff is genuinely happy to assist and serve you, and all with a huge smile and "BULA"!
To start, we were in the Marau honeymoon bure and it was out-of-this-world beautiful. The view from our bed and huge lounge chair was a spectacular ocean view! The bed was super comfy (mosquito net felt very exotic -which is turned down for you each night). The beautiful bathroom with the river rock vanity and shower I am going to steal for my bathroom. The mini-bar is stocked each day with freshbaked cookies and coffee and tea, fridge stocked with fruit and water, pop, Fiji Gold (MMM).
The level of service was outstanding - every member of staff exceeds expectations whether it was an order for food, or the virtual golf needed to be fixed! If you wanted to eat somewhere, they would bring the table to you and instantly set up a dining area! But our favorite was that the staff played beach volleyball with us when we asked (for something like 5 hours!) It was the best time ever!!! The guys at the surf shop made our trip***
The 'Kava Bowl' was so much fun, well air conditioned and kept us busy when we felt like being out of the sun. Bowling, pool table, pingpong.. the list goes on. And while we were there with other guests, we ordered large platters of chicken fingers, fruit, cheese, wine, beer, vodka, redbull, and it was delivered right to us! What a blast!
The shows that were put on in the evenings at the dining bure were fantastic; local villages came by and did traditional dancing and singing!
Our trip snorkeling was incredible! Lai is such a fantastic person, he showed us the sea and helped me get over my fear of the ocean! We missed Lai and Sam greatly!!!
One thing that worried me from all the reviews I read was that the guests going to his conference would be "clicky" and to avoid booking during them; well we booked around it but our last day was the beginning of Tony Robbins Business Mastery course. A few groups came a couple days early to enjoy Namale before the busy weekend, and they were so friendly and enjoyable. We had such a great time with all the guests! Kava Bowl party and Volleyball! The conference didn't make a difference to our trip (could say an added bonus because of the amazing people we got to meet).
If you want to go anywhere in the world - CHOOSE NAMALE RESORT AND SPA!
Even though the travel from Canada to Fiji is 18 hours (in the air), we will go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the edge of the Koro Sea on volcanic uplifts is the luxuriously all-inclusive boutique Namale Resort & Spa. Located 10 minutes outside of Savusavu Town on the northern fringes of the Fiji Islands, paradise is within your reach. Namale is nestled among 525 acres of lush tropical flora and offers an authentically Fijian experience to its guests. Namale’s 19 units of luxurious accommodation feature traditional Fijian architecture with modern influences and are each unique unto themselves. Dining is never a dull experience at Namale with its many private dining decks and outdoor locales including the base of Namale’s privately owned waterfall. Namale houses a one-of-a-kind indoor entertainment centre and a fully-equipped fitness centre which are complimentary for guests’ use. Namale also offers an array of activities for guests to enjoy including horseback riding, kayaking, snorkeling, knee-boarding, nature excursions, Fijian village visits and so much more! Guests are also able to access two world-renowned diving sites; the Namena Reserve and Somosomo Strait. The jewel of Namale is its award-winning Spa & Sanctuary. Noted as the "#1 Spa in Fiji" by Luxury Spa Finder Magazine, the Spa features a hydrotherapy room housing 7 different treatment pools including aromatherapy tubs, a waterfall massage pool, hot tub and plunge pool. The hydrotherapy room has ceiling to floor glass walls that take in breathtaking views of the Koro Sea and Pacific Ocean beyond. All bures feature cordless intercom phones, spacious clothing & luggage storage, mini-safes, souvenir Namale sarongs, fully stocked mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, Pure Fiji amenities, hairdryers, mini hi-fi players with I-Pod docking, iron/ironing board, complimentary wi-fi internet access and full air-conditioning. “Namale was a place for us like no other. My wife, daughter and I will treasure (our stay here) for the rest of our lives. The staff, the resort, and the breezes at night are unique and very special”- Ken Nolan, Motion Picture Screenwriter – Blackhawk Down*Namale Resort & Spa does not hold a minimum night stay policy and is able to accommodate children 16 years of age and above. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Namale The Fiji Islands Hotel Savusavu
- Namale The Fiji Islands Resort And Spa
- Namale Hotel Savusavu
- Namale Resort & Spa Fiji/Savusavu