My wife and I stayed at Namale for our honeymoon in October of 2009. Having traveled through Europe, Central and South America and much of the Caribbean, we can agree that Namale has the most natural beauty of anywhere we have ever visited. The resort is immense and great care has been taken to preserve the natural elements. For example, buildings and structures have been constructed around trees. We stayed in a bure called Duavata, which means "unity," and is made up of 4 individual bures with a tree house! Duavata has a huge pool that overlooks the ocean, incredibly romantic. My wife and I spent the greater portion of our time here. A wonderful experience was the outdoor showers, which we both enjoyed!
The service is, without a doubt, more than you can ever imagine. My wife and I were literally treated like rock stars or celebrities of some sort. There is nothing that you could ask for, that they would say no. (within reason, I'm sure.) One night we were watching movies in the Kava Bowl and asked if we could eat dinner there. They not only brought us dinner but the chef made us home made potato chips to snack on during the movie. The Kava Bowl, is Disney Land for adults. It has a bowling alley, golf simulator, video games, foos ball, a pool table, every board game you can think of, and Apple TV! One day the staff took us to a waterfall and served us a very private lunch. It was incredible to say the least. The staff knew our favorite foods and drinks by the second day. My wife is a vegetarian, and was always accommodated. On the subject of food, before booking, my wife and I read all of the reviews and always laughed at the guy who raved about the soup. Well, its for a reason, their soup is out of this world!
Of note, My wife and I received a spa treatment called, "Moonlight Magic." To date, it is the most memorable spa going experience we have had. The spa itself is unlike any we have seen before. It is visually stunning, luxurious, and completely therapeutic. Their "hydration room," has huge soaking tubs that are infused with different aromas. There is also a waterfall, jacuzzi, cold plunge and sauna.
I am not a serious scuba diver, but figured I would take advantage while there. The dive shop gave a quick and informed lesson and we were off. We dove at a place called, "The Dream House." I saw sharks and loved it!
A few nights a week the resort calls in The Band Boys, who sing, tell ghost stories, and above all mix up some Kava. Its a great time and not to be missed.
My wife and I were fortunate enough to meet a gentleman there named, Neil, who was responsible for all of the water treatment on the resort. We learned that all of the water underwent a treatment process called reverse osmosis. This treatment allows for the cleanest possible water for consumption, which we enjoyed very much.
We spent some time getting to know the managers of Namale. Ron and Margaret, take great care in assuring that all of the guests receive an extraordinary experience. We most assuredly look forward to returning in the near future. One last thing: It is worth every penny!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the edge of the Koro Sea on volcanic uplifts is the luxuriously all-inclusive boutique Namale Resort & Spa. Located 10 minutes outside of Savusavu Town on the northern fringes of the Fiji Islands, paradise is within your reach. Namale is nestled among 525 acres of lush tropical flora and offers an authentically Fijian experience to its guests. Namale’s 19 units of luxurious accommodation feature traditional Fijian architecture with modern influences and are each unique unto themselves. Dining is never a dull experience at Namale with its many private dining decks and outdoor locales including the base of Namale’s privately owned waterfall. Namale houses a one-of-a-kind indoor entertainment centre and a fully-equipped fitness centre which are complimentary for guests’ use. Namale also offers an array of activities for guests to enjoy including horseback riding, kayaking, snorkeling, knee-boarding, nature excursions, Fijian village visits and so much more! Guests are also able to access two world-renowned diving sites; the Namena Reserve and Somosomo Strait. The jewel of Namale is its award-winning Spa & Sanctuary. Noted as the "#1 Spa in Fiji" by Luxury Spa Finder Magazine, the Spa features a hydrotherapy room housing 7 different treatment pools including aromatherapy tubs, a waterfall massage pool, hot tub and plunge pool. The hydrotherapy room has ceiling to floor glass walls that take in breathtaking views of the Koro Sea and Pacific Ocean beyond. All bures feature cordless intercom phones, spacious clothing & luggage storage, mini-safes, souvenir Namale sarongs, fully stocked mini-bars, tea and coffee making facilities, Pure Fiji amenities, hairdryers, mini hi-fi players with I-Pod docking, iron/ironing board, complimentary wi-fi internet access and full air-conditioning. “Namale was a place for us like no other. My wife, daughter and I will treasure (our stay here) for the rest of our lives. The staff, the resort, and the breezes at night are unique and very special”- Ken Nolan, Motion Picture Screenwriter – Blackhawk Down*Namale Resort & Spa does not hold a minimum night stay policy and is able to accommodate children 16 years of age and above. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Namale The Fiji Islands Hotel Savusavu
- Namale The Fiji Islands Resort And Spa
- Namale Hotel Savusavu
- Namale Resort & Spa Fiji/Savusavu