Korovesi Sunshine Villas(Savusavu)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$57
US$66
  • Pool
Naveria Heights Lodge(Savusavu)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$225/night.

US$1,136
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Emaho Sekawa Resort(Savusavu)
Hotels.com
All reviewsjj and deliayoga retreatyoga platformlong tableother guestscommunal tablepool houseroad scholarsavusavu bayinteresting peopletaxi ridedive packageowners and stafffijian familygreat companyocean view bureceiling fan
Reviewed 27 January 2013

We stayed (two families seven of us in total) here recently for three nights in the pool house. The accomodation was clean,spaciuos and excellent value for money. The breakfasts and lunch were of a high quality, the staff friendly and efficient, the pool given a good work over. The owners (jay-jay and delia) were quick to introduce themselves, very helpful for arranging diving trips and recommending other activities and seem to be well known local characters. A yoga retreat had ben running before we arrived and the oppurtunity for a couple of sessions from a skilled instructor were welcome. The resort is only twenty minutes wlak or a $4 taxi ride from the town cente and is recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dolphman
Reviewed 9 January 2013

We spent 4 lovely nights at Daku after disembarking from the Tui Tai and enjoyed every minute. The grounds, the staff and the owners are just beautiful! We were there on Christmas day and JJ and Delia (sp?) made it really special for those of us who were away from our friends and family. People who weren't even staying at Daku came to share in the Christmas dinner complete with a rather unbelievable "Father Christmas" bearing gifts lol!

Daku is just a short walk (15-20 minutes) into town but it's a really cheap tax ride if you don't feel like walking. The road can be a bit crazy and there isn't a sidewalk on most of it. If you stay off to the side, it's a really pretty walk along the beach for a good portion of it. There is a beach with snorkeling right across the road from Daku. We had all of our own gear because we were in Fiji to scuba dive but I believe you can rent them from Daku as well. Ditto for kayaks.

The staff members are all super friendly and very attentive....George, Keni, Raj and really just all of them were ready to help with whatever requests we had and always had a smile and a "Bula" every time our paths crossed. You can choose to eat three meals per day at Daku or you can pick and choose and go into town for meals or make something in your bure if it has a kitchen like ours did...but really...who cooks on vacay??? We thought the food was great so we ate almost every meal there.....

Our bure was absolutely spotless and it was huge with it's own little plunge pool! It had both a/c and ceiling fans and these neat little mosquito things which def did their jobs because we only got bitten by these flying horses (okay, they weren't THAT big but they were huge compared to the mosquitoes I'm used to) when we were outside without bug repellent on....apply often by the way as these things could carry away a small child I think!!!

JJ seems to know everyone in and everything about Savusavu...he arranged for us to dive with the two different dive outfits in Savusavu and has lots of fun stories to share if you catch him in the pool.

GET A MASSAGE whilst you are there! Carlos is amazing! My husband and I get massages once or twice every month and this is the first time EVER that we felt that the massage was personalized. What I mean by that is it seems with all the massages we've gotten (at resorts such as the Phoenician, on cruises, at day spas, etc) they are all "timed" such that x amount of time is spent on your shoulders, x amount of time on your lower back, etc. With Carlos, it was like he could tell where our problem areas were and spent more time on them...without even having to ask. We mentioned to another guest that we'd gotten a massage with Carlos and he said "I did too and it was like he knew exactly where I was in pain and I didn't even tell him!" so it wasn't just my (or my husband's) imagination.

From what I could tell, Daku is definitely the best value for money in Savusavu. Other resorts are 10x (literally!) what you pay at Daku and in my opinion, it's just not worth it when you have something as lovely, warm and friendly as Daku available!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank azhootie
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Got back to Sydney, Australia from Daku Resort last night (all safe and sound and nothing went wrong John).

As other reports show, getting greeted by the owners is a fantastic start, knowing what we wanted out of our holidays (diving for me, hiking/massaging for my girlfriend, and snorkelling, eating and relaxing by the pool for both of us there were options presented to suit our needs.

Local dive shops Koro Sun and Jean-Michel Cousteau dive centres were contacted and booked for me, the cheapest taxis in the world will be called to come take you to snorkelling/dolphin trips or to wherever you wish to go. A waterfall hike and village visit were arranged (and well worth doing), for those activities where you'll be out and about a packed lunch can be arranged.

The staff who look after you at Daku will make your holiday, with welcoming smiles and a Bula at every turn, you know they care that you enjoy your time spent there.

We were made extremely welcome and comfortable and will never forget our time spent by the water on Savusavu. Thank you to all of you,

Nick James

Room Tip: By fitness centre i'm meaning the pool, by Spa, I'm meaning the hot rock massages one can get.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank genericitis
Reviewed 24 December 2012

We have just returned home from a wonderful trip to Savusavu Fiji, where we stayed at the Daku Resort. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this lovely resort. The staff were very friendly, accommodating and helpful, nothing was too much trouble for Raj and Keni. The resort owners John and Dehlia were delightful and were there to greet us on arrival and personally saw us off at the airport on departure, which added a lovely personal touch to our visit.
Our bure was very nice, simple and clean, with ocean views. The resort ammenities were great, lovely pool and deck. Meals were delicious thanks to Merioni. The location was idyllic ( lush rainforrest to the back and ocean to the front) and only a short taxi ride to the town centre or a couple of k's leasurely walk. We will definately stay here again on our next visit (which I hope will be soon).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Trish N
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Daku was very reasonably priced and located a short 20 minutes from the restaurants in Savusavu. We really enjoyed walking back and forth between Savusavu and Daku as the road runs along the beach, but if you prefer to catch a cab it's easy to do that too.

The impression we got was that Daku is typically quite full and group meals are arranged, but we happened upon it when not too many people were there. The staff was happy to make us breakfast even though we were the only people requesting it that morning. The staff was nice and helpful, and we had some great conversations with the owner who was very keen on playing tennis.... I'm sorry I passed that up.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple