New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Clean, affordable and comfortable stay.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad

Ranked #10 of 156 Hotels in Ahmedabad
Toronto, Canada
“Clean, affordable and comfortable stay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

What a lovely find in Ahmedebad. It’s not character-filled, but modern, clean and well located. The staff is very helpful and the beds super comfortable.

Nicely situated in town, and close to the Night Market, which is worth strolling, if not shopping. If you do, bargain hard – a full, mirrored skirt, with choli can be bought for 600INR (about $12) if you do. They’re not very well constructed, but fun and sparkly!

The room rate includes an OK breakfast (order you coffee as soon as you go in, or you might not get it) and a surprisingly better a la carte menu for lunch at least. It also included 30 minutes of wifi per day, but I didn’t know about it till I asked about their WiFi capability. Very good value.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LisaOnTheRoad
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad

Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Very Best in its Class !! Good Staff and front office.. Excellent location and equally comfy Rooms. Food is also good. Buffet at Lunch would be a better idea. A guest told me that when he came back for his luggage 4 hrs after checking out, the Front Office offerred him a room to freshen up !! This is a great gesture and shows the genuine concern for the guests !!

Room Tip: Nothing in particular !!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 17 February 2012

Atlantic City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

we stayed overnight Staff was very helpful. Breakfast didn't start till 7am but because our flight was very early they opened the breakfast area for us. Rooms are clean and had my best shower in 3 days!! I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Dee P

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

For about a $100, this hotel met my expectations but you can't help but feel that it might be a little too expensive. Why? Because India is filled with lesser known gem of hotels. We have stayed in some amazing independent hotels at a much lower rates. Nevertheless, everything was great, just the price point was kinda off, for us.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Ahmedabad, responded to this review, 15 October 2016

Delhi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

The Month of January 2012 and Our Trade Exhibition took us to Ahmedabad.

Father of Nation “Bapu” had stayed in an Ashram alongside Sabarmati river for nearly 13 years, before his walks took him to Dandi. He had vowed he will never return to the ashram till his country gets freedom from British rule…. India eventually became Free but Unfortunately he never returned.

But we are definitely going to return to Ahmedabad because the business it bring to us and Lemon Tree Hotel .

This Multi Storied hotel is quite near to CG Road, main Shopping Street and Law Gardens and is also a couple of kilometers away from River Sabarmati’s upcoming riverfront promenade.

This Property is similar to other LemonTree hotels, but this one had a special distinction of being awarded “The NCPEDP- Shell Helen Keller Award 2010 “ for creating employment opportunities for person with disabilities. It was a heartening sight to see specially-abled persons working proudly to earn their living.

One point I would like to mention is that the Hotel has put up some special system of plumbing to fill the overhead water tanks which seems to create an extremely powerful , fast and gentle shower. There was no change in water temperature or pressure for the complete duration of the extended shower. We stayed there for 6 nights and 7 days and believe me, the shower was the no 1 thing I used to look forward to every morning!

Our room was opposite the lift and many times some indiscriminate guests would land outside our room from the lift , showing signs of being incredibly happy and gregarious and loud, despite the fact that alcohol is not sold in the state of Gujarat. So my advice would be to stayaway from the rooms opposite lifts.

Another problem which I faced was some trouble with the Flush Valve, one time it would not stop… I had to call housekeeping to look into this and they replaced a part immediately . Surprisingly the same thing happened to the toilet in the room next to me. The Occupant Guest seemed to be totally oblivious of the noise,wastage and irritation so much so that I had to call up front office to look into this and let me sleep.

The pillow was too had and big for my liking , so I requested for a softer one, they got another one, but was not enough soft for me. The guy on the line said, “please wait let me see, what I can do”…. After some time he landed up on my door with a Baby Pillow. Very Small, but Soft ;-).

My request for a room heater was met quickly and for shoe shine, I was asked to use the polishing machine placed in Men’s Rest room in Lobby. I questioned: “ How would my wife, polish her Boots “ ??? they sent us brush and Black polish .

View was not spectacular from my 3rd floor room, but I guess being a business hotel, proximity to market is more important that lovely views.

Taxi was arranged by Hotel for our Pickup from Airport and also daily Drop and Pickup for the exhibition.

Food was just OK, but on our special request, Chef , did conjure up a aioli spaghetti for us. There used to be only one Non Veg dish on the buffet.
I was disappointed by a chipped Tea Cup used for room service for serving tea, but that could have been an exception.

Another interesting facility was DVDs of Hindi and English Movies. I had a blast watching my favorite and discovering some Oscar winning Hollywood movies. Nice touch.

Good Job . Lemon tree